If you are looking for a convenient and quiet escape from Singapore in a nice natural environment, Bintan is an option. However, if you book Nirwana Beach Club, expect the barest of bare essentials. The bungalows are VERY rundown, dusty and quite frankly filthy throughout. The walls were covered in squashed bug guts and splashes, the fridge was rusted out and the TV didn't work. There's basically no amenities in the room and if you want hot water you need to walk to the restaurant and pay SG $1.00. I paid SG $130 a night to stay here and this type of stinginess is just laughable. I don't mind paying a reasonable price for a reasonable room. I reasonably price these bungalows at no more than SG $60 per night.
If your rate includes breakfast, it's not served in the restaurant and you need to walk to Nirwana Gardens next door. This is not a bad walk, except when it's raining and there's no umbrella's available.
The ocean looks nice, but it's plagued with drops of filthy black oil/tar. After you swim you need to take a filthy rag that they leave on the ground, douse it in gasoline and clean the black oil off your feet and body.
On the positive, it's a rustic, quiet and very natural setting with a lot of wildlife. Furthermore, the staff are very pleasant, relaxed and helpful.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Situated on the water's edge of Indonesia's Bintan island, Nirwana Beach Club welcomes you to the ultimate rustic beachfront hideaway. Indulge in a variety of water sports, nature and the timeless traditions of a village-style living. Feel your spirits lifted amidst the spacious thatched-roof chalets, sunny beaches and a blue ocean, savouring relaxation and a boundless choice of tropical activities. Guestrooms at Nirwana Beach Club come with modern Thai interiors and wooden flooring. Each well-appointed room is equipped with a refrigerator and TV. Hot shower facilities are in the private bathroom. *Nirwana Beach Club guests have access to all facilities and restaurants within Nirwana Gardens ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Fastbooking, Travelocity, Priceline, Agoda, Asiatravel.com Holdings, ACCOR and Odigeo so you can book your Nirwana Gardens - Nirwana Beach Club reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Nirwana Gardens - Nirwana Beach Club Hotel Lagoi
- Nirwana Beach Hotel
- Nirwana Beach Club
- Nirwana Beach Lagoi
- Nirwana Gardens - Nirwana Beach Club Bintan Island/Lagoi