“Breath-taking View from Room”

Nirwana Gardens - Nirwana Resort Hotel
Ranked #4 of 8 Hotels in Lagoi
Reviewed March 3, 2014

Premier Deluxe Room is great. Breath Taking view the moment i step into the room, you basically wake up to the sea breeze, the beach. The shoreline is 15 steps away and it just makes me so happy from a stressful week at work. Pretty sure this trip recharged me, and got me ready for anything! That aside, lets summarize this.

1. The room literally blew me away. The view, and of course the breeze.
2. Cleanliness
3. Breakfast is too good, suits my Asian diet and Western liking.

Boo:
1. Communication level is a whole load of confusion, wanted to inquire on some ferry timing issues but they couldn't understand what I was trying to put across
2. After settling paperwork for checkin, the counter staff abruptly expects you to ask, 'So can i get my room and what time would it be best?' All they could say was, to check back by 2pm right back at the counter. They could appease/advise us to take a walk by the pool or have a drink by the pool, but no initiative was made. That was disappointing.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled with friends
NirwanaGardens, Management Team at Nirwana Gardens - Nirwana Resort Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded March 4, 2014

Hi Clairin H,

Warm Greetings from Nirwana Gardens! Thank you for taking the time to write a review on your recent stay with us.

Firstly we would like to apologize for the inconveniences you had experienced during your stay, such as the communication with our staff and the check-in process. Our management continuously takes measures to improve our team's service standards through ongoing training, and your feedback will be forwarded to the respective Department Heads to review and improve on.

We were pleased to read that your short getaway had recharged you, and that you had enjoyed our breakfast spread as well as our newly refurbished Deluxe Premier room - the view is indeed amazing on a day with beautiful weather!

Thank you again for your valuable feedback as it helps us in our ongoing efforts to serve our guests better. We hope to welcome you back soon, as and when you feel like you need to "recharge your batteries".

Reviewed March 2, 2014 via mobile

My hubby and I stayed here from March 1-2. We were upgraded to a suite and it was amazing. The rooms were very accommodating. The pool was absolutely breath taking. We were greeted by a dance with four girls when we first arrived at the resort. It was amazing. The beach however was very disappointing. Tar would stick to your legs and bottom of your feet. Only way to take it off was with petroleum. There was a lot of seaweed, we refused to get in the beach. There was also a warning sign to be cautious with jellyfish since there is an abundance of them. Even though we were there for one night it would have been nice to sit out near the beach on the sand but with all the tar blobs and seaweed it made it near impossible. Nightlife was awesome with a BBQ buffet and live band and the traditional dances. Went to the pub afterwards and had a few drinks, listened to the live band and played pool. Amazing night. Next day we rented an electrical bike and rode around the resort and beyond. This was a fun way to get around. Near the resort club we were able to do se archery. Very nice experience. The poolside restaurants food was below average, in fact I did not like much of the food there except the chicken satay. Would recommend for a weekend getaway.

Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple

Hi Venny_Here_and_There,

Warm Greetings from Nirwana Gardens! Thank you for taking the time to write us a review on your recent stay with us.

We were very pleased to read your kind comments on the amazing experiences you had, from the welcome dance at the lobby, to the suite you stayed in and our nightlife activities. There is a complimentary internal resort shuttle available at a 30-min interval to take you around the resort grounds, but we do agree that renting either a buggy or our e-bicycles is a better option to experience what Nirwana Gardens has to offer!

It was troubling to read of the unpleasant experience you had at our beach, and we apologize for the inconvenience caused. Unfortunately we do not have much control in regards to the tar on our beaches especially during & after the monsoon season, however efforts and measures are continuously taken on our part to clean up the beaches daily and to inform our guests on the situation.

At Nirwana Gardens, we pride ourselves in ensuring an enjoyable experience for our guests and are committed to providing our guests with the highest level of service. Thank you again for your valuable feedback as it helps us in our ongoing efforts to serve our guests better. We look forward to welcoming you back for another weekend getaway.

Reviewed February 28, 2014

resort hotel was huge. stayed in a villa with 2 room all spacious, food was okay sometimes great. staff were all accomodating. pool was amazing. seafood buffet was great enjoyed buggy driving aroud the resort. bought an indoneasian puppet and now is in display. the sports center was fun.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed February 25, 2014

Last week was my second time staying at Nirwana Resort Hotel. First time, I went with a friend, and last week with my sister. I totally enjoyed both my stay there.

Because it was a weekday, check-in was fast (we arrived about 11.45am and got our room about 1/2 later). Check-in time will be longer if you come on a weekend.

Staff were all friendly, nice and efficient. Always saying hello and smiling at us. Place is clean. There's plenty of restaurants to try, local, asian and western. You can walk around to the other hotels, or wait for the shuttle service that will bring you around Nirwana Gardens.

If you're looking for a place to hangout by the beach over the weekend, I'll definitely recommend you Nirwana Resort Hotel. I didn't do much but just lazed in the pool because we were there to relax and chill out. There are activities for you to try and make sure you book them when you check-in.

Will definitely come again!

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled with family
Reviewed February 18, 2014

I've stayed at this hotel twice now, we came across from Singapore on the ferry, (Amazing beach to visit if your living in Singapore and want a beach holiday for a couple of nights). The hotel was amazing value for money, the staff look after you so well. The food is brilliant as it's a huge buffet so loads of variety!

The beach and the pool is so spacious so you've got both to choose from, the beach has gorgeous white sand and the sea is crystal clear! Beware of jelly fish, but the beach/hotel staff will warn you of this and will help you if you need it.

Myself and my mum had a massage on the beach, which was absolutely amazing... we had it on the beach looking out to sea very peaceful would definitely recommend that!

Both the times we had visited this hotel we stayed in the house accommodation which makes the experience more personal and you get a lot more space. You can stay within the hotel if you want too but it's simply just a room, I would recommend the houses!

If I was ever to go back to the far east, I would definitely come back to this hotel! Absolute paradise :)

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed February 18, 2014

Just returned from my second stay Nirwana Gardens Resort Hotel, and this time around, the stay was even better than my first! I chose to return to Nirwana Gardens Resort Hotel because I was really satisfied with my stay when I first went to Bintan a year ago.
My second stay recently topped my previous experience even more! The staff were all very friendly, not like in other hotels in other countries where most staff will only pay more attention to the caucasians. The staff at Nirwana Garden Resort Hotel were really attentive and friendly to everyone, young or old, asian or not. Check-in time was supposed to be at 1500hrs, but i arrived way earlier at about 1200hrs. The staff at could see that I was tired from the ferry trip and they attempted to give me my room asap.
The room? It was a Deluxe room that was newly renovated, saying that its beautiful is an understatement. It is amazing! Everything was newly furnished, the room is spacious, and they had also installed a rainbath shower in the bathroom!
There were hiccups during my 3-days stay in Bintan that caused me some unhappiness(which I will not mention here since its over), and I wrote an email to their General Manager. I was not expecting any replies because this is what normally happens with other hotels. But boy was I wrong! I received a reply an hour later! They offered me an upgrade to a suite room but as I was checking out the next day and was also really satisfied with my Deluxe room, I didn't want a change of room. The management at Nirwana Gardens Resort Hotel were really determined to make up for the unhappiness that they had caused me, hence, they provided me with a free dinner on my last night. After I checked out, they even offered me private transportation to the ferry terminal!
I am overwhelmed with their kind gesture and sincerity! I have never stay in a hotel with such amazing staff!
So, if you ever want to go to Bintan, do not hesitate. CHOOSE NIRWANA GARDENS RESORT HOTEL!

Room Tip: Deluxe rooms are newly renovated and closer to the private beach.
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank reginacps
Reviewed February 16, 2014

I would say the room quality quite depends on what type you choose. I had been there twice and stayed in 2 different range of rooms. If you are family with kids, likely the big pool is not a bad choice.

Nirwana Beach club - This is far from the pool & restaurant, consider near beach but I never explore that area. Do not trust what you see on the hotel website on the room pictures, they might have slightly different. It is "kampung" style, some of my colleagues cannot accept it. Beware of mosquitoes too.

Nirwana Resort Hotel - Like normal hotel room, quite good for standard, it is near pool, restaurant & beach.

Banyu Biru Villa - suitable for a group of 5-6 people. A bungalow style with kitchen attached. This is the best among the 3 I stayed(of course also most expensive), not very near to the pool and restaurant. Good thing is there are space for you to have outdoor activities, got living room, best for a gathering if you need personal space.

Although some of the rooms not near to the main lobby where the restaurant is, there is shuttle bus available and for those who stay in villa, you can call and get the free shuttle service(not bus more like a golf car style) anytime.

Breakfast consider quite standard and dinner at hotel was not bad too.

Room Tip: Go for villa if you are in a group of 4-6 people
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
2  Thank AmethystAme

Hi RainHa18,

Nirwana Gardens provides a variety of accommodation types to suit the different needs and wants of our guests. We do apologize for the inconveniences experienced by your colleagues at Nirwana Beach Club, and we hope to welcome them back to experience our other properties, such as Nirwana Resort Hotel, Mayang Sari Beach Resort, Banyu Biru Villas or Indra Maya Pool Villas.

Your comments will be shared with our Management team, and we very much value them as it helps us in our ongoing efforts to serve our guests better and to anticipate their wants and needs.

It is a pleasure to read that you had chosen us as your vacation destination twice, and hope to welcome you back soon in the near future, be it for leisure or business.

Nirwana Gardens

Also consider these accommodations in or near Lagoi
Angsana Bintan
Grand Lagoi Village Bintan
Grand Lagoi Village Bintan
#6 of 37 in Bintan Island
Nirwana Gardens - Nirwana Beach Club

Been to Nirwana Gardens - Nirwana Resort Hotel? Share your experiences!