This was my third visit to Nirwana - each trip has been a short visit with one of my daughters. Nirwana is a big complex, and this is Indonesia, so there are things that might be seen as not 'up to scratch' - the pool towels are a bit frayed (oh no!), the shower in the room isn't great (rarely used it anyway, just showered by the pool), and some parts of the resort are older and a bit jaded. Some of the food is a bit pedestrian. If nit-picking is your thing, you could find enough to spoil your holiday.
BUT, if you just want to enjoy glorious tropical weather in a stunning location with help from wonderfully friendly staff, this is your place. The horizon pool is stunning (my girls love the swim-up bar), and the rarely used beach is divine. My first stay was in the cabanas, and the little lake there has now blossomed into a magnificent lily pond. Nearby there's even a small zoo, featuring crocodiles, snakes, birds - and guinea pigs!
The buffet breakfast is generous and varied, and we could enjoy this enough to skip lunch (more time by the pool). There's a gym at the resort centre nearby, where you can also go 10 pin bowling, so we justified dinner by a couple of games and a good work-out. The gardens are immaculate, with the added bonus of the occasional iguana wandering by.
For tranquility and charm, go for the cabanas. We also like the main hotel, for ease of access to pool and other facilities.
Yes, it's not cheap, but in my view it's also not expensive considering the location and facilities.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Nirwana Resort Hotel has 241 guestrooms including 29 suites, all with sweeping sea, pool or garden views. Full modern amenities and facilities are available to guests, and our ensemble of restaurants and bars will satisfy the most discerning taste buds. With a full and comprehensive range of activities lined up for guests, diverse interests and pursuits are matched with top quality facilities and services. *Nirwana Resort Hotel guests have access to all facilities and restaurants within Nirwana Gardens ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Ctrip TA, Fastbooking, HostelWorld, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Agoda, Hotwire and HotelQuickly so you can book your Nirwana Gardens - Nirwana Resort Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Nirwana Gardens - Nirwana Hotel Lagoi
- Nirwana Hotel Lagoi
- Nirwana Gardens - Nirwana Resort Hotel Bintan Island/Lagoi