“Relaxing, friendly and wonderful”

Nirwana Gardens - Nirwana Resort Hotel
Ranked #3 of 8 Hotels in Lagoi
Reviewed August 7, 2013

My daughter and I stayed at this wonderful resort last week on a three-day stopover en route from New Zealand to Europe. I have nothing but praise for the wonderful staff and resort.

It's just a 55-min high speed ferry ride from Singapore then a free shuttle bus ride from the terminal.

Reports of oil on the beach, unclear water etc must be seasonal because we walked on the beach, swum in the sea and even went on a wonderful snorkelling trip and saw no evidence of oil at all. In fact, the water was very clear and nice.

The pool is one of the best I have experienced at a resort. There were also many excellent activities and facilities, some at additional cost (snorkelling trip, buggy hire, massage, bungy swing) and others included (deck chairs, big chess, mini zoo, wonderful pool).

We were also very lucky with the weather but it's important to put sun cream on regularly.

The buffet breakfast was wonderful and there is an enormous choice of food for lunch/dinner although the prices were more expensive than I expected.

I'm not sure if the staff undergo training to be friendly to guests or whether it's natural, but this must be the friendliest resort I've ever stayed at. No matter the role of the staff, everyone greeted us in a warm matter.

I warmly recommend Nirwana Resort Hotel to everyone and hope to return again soon.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank GavinTT
NirwanaGardens, Management at Nirwana Gardens - Nirwana Resort Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded August 22, 2013

Hi GavinTT,

Warm Greetings from Nirwana Gardens! Thank you very much for taking the time to write us a review on your recent stay in our Resort.

We were very pleased and humbled to read your kind comments and praise, and that you and your daughter had a wonderful experience with us. Our service motto “Serve with Extra (S)miles” embeds a friendly culture in our team members; it is also in our staff’s nature to extend the signature warm Indonesian hospitality to our guests.

We were glad to know you had enjoyed a snorkeling trip during your stay as well. Indeed, we do experience some unfortunate incidents where oil stains are found on our beaches but such occurrences are seasonal and due to nature. Additionally, we do our very best to ensure our beaches and surrounding environment are well-maintained and kept pristine for the enjoyment of our guests.

The infinity swimming pool is one of our highlights and we were very pleased to know that it was one of the best pools you had ever experienced! We also hope that you had enjoyed the variety of recreational activities available at Nirwana Gardens.

We have also taken note of your feedback on the prices of the food and have forwarded them to the Head of F&B Department to review and/or take action on.

Thank you once again for choosing us as your vacation destination and we truly appreciate the kind comments and warm recommendations. Should your future travels bring you back to our side of the world again, we hope to welcome you back to Nirwana Gardens!

Reviewed July 30, 2013

Wouldn't be any good for 20 something's looking for a raging nightlife and shopping , but for a great family location completely recommend it. kids could run around safely and the staff were always friendly. pool fantastic and swim up bar made great cocktails.

Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank Parr F

Hi Parr F,

Warm Greetings from Nirwana Gardens! Thank you for taking the time to write a review on your recent stay with us.

We're glad to know that you and your family had enjoyed yourselves in our Resort during your holiday, from the friendliness of the service staff, to our infinity swimming pool (one of our highlights!) and the cocktails at The Pool Bar. Our guests' safety and security is also of utmost importance to us and we do our best to ensure that their safety and well-being are well taken care of.

Nirwana Gardens is truly an ideal place for a relaxing retreat, whether with friends or family, especially with the variety of facilities and recreational activities available for our guests to enjoy. Thank you for choosing us as your vacation destination and we look forward to welcoming you back soon!

Reviewed July 29, 2013

This was a girls get-away trip and from the moment we set foot on Bintan ground (after clearing immigration that is), we were met by a staff who held up our name and we were promptly guided to our transport to the hotel.

Checking in was a breeze as our guide did all the administration work, as there was a crowd with us, therefore we had to wait for quite awhile, but I would say it was a reasonable waiting time.
I could check in early at around 11am Bintan time as my gf and I only needed a twin bedded room. So for guests who want a double bedded room, do be mentally prepared to wait til 3pm, or if you're lucky then 1pm.

Room was clean and spacious. Beds are a little bit too springy, so it needs a little getting used to. Room environment is very comfortable, lighting was adequate, air con was good, ceiling fan aids ventilation, room has an arm chair at the side with a writing desk. All electrical appliances like safe, kettle, TV, minibar were in good working condition.

Bathroom was also very spacious, resort even provided the usual toothbrush etc. Water temperature was good, has hot water! and the hot water doesn't automatically turn cold after showering pass a certain period.

My gf and I purchased a $90++ massage at some sports massage centre on the second floor of the bowling alley. Definitely not worth the $$, I would say top up $$ and go for the Kedaton or take the bus to Pasar Oleh Oleh and go for the Martha Tilaar Spa there.

This massage place doesn't even have proper rooms and the massage "space" are divided by thin curtains. The masseuse don't even bother "closing" the curtains properly when moving in and out of the "space". The place is also unisex, so ladies, you will be lying naked and ur masseuse scrubs you halfway, rushes out to replenish her scrub hurriedly, doesn't cover you properly with the cloth and doesn't "close" the curtains properly (which was what happened to me) and men have access to the area as well, you may stand a chance to be "shown off" thanks to their horrendous negligence. They don't even use proper massage beds, so we're lying flat on the raised platform. So much for $90 over bucks treatment.

We also booked BBQ dinner at Oasis which faces the South China Sea, food was ok, but service was excellent. Staff Edi was very meticulous and genuine, he even asked if both my gf and I would prefer to sit facing each other, or would we prefer to sit side by side to enjoy the sea breeze and the beautiful scenery. When dinner was almost over, Edi also asked if we would like to try out their KTV, Nakita. Their songs are very up to date, and Edi was a very good host and was very professional. In the resort, many places become pitch dark once night falls, so Edi assisted us with transport arrangement back to the main lobby after the KTV session. The service rendered has surpassed my expectations by many folds, and a big kudos for Edi's efforts for rendering such personalised and meticulous service, bringing customer service and relationship building a notch up to the next level (and by this also salvaging my bad experience with the crappy massage place.)

I'd definitely recommend Nirwana with its facilities & activities to anyone (except the massage place) who would like to book a trip there, and for first timers, its not necessary to convert ruppiah, as most places (if not all) will prefer to accept SGD.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with friends
4  Thank michling

Hi Michling,

Warm greetings from Nirwana Gardens! Thank you very much for taking the time to write us a review on your recent stay at our Resort.

We are glad to know that you and your girlfriend had enjoyed our room facilities and amenities (hot water for showers is definitely important!) and we hope you had found the amenities sufficient during your stay. Our standard check-in time is at 3pm however requests for early check-in may be accommodated to subject to room availability; we’re glad to know you had managed to get an early check-in.

We have also taken note of our feedback on the sports bar massage at Nirwana Resort Centre, and would like to apologize on behalf of the management of Red Sunset Sport Therapy for the inconveniences experienced. We have highlighted your feedback to the massage centre’s Management to take note and improve on.

Our service motto at Nirwana Gardens is to “Serve with Extra (S)miles”, and we are glad to know that Edi had done a great job in extending our warm Indonesian hospitality to you. We have forwarded your kind comments to him and he was very happy to hear them!

Thank you once again for choosing us as your vacation destination and for recommending us, and please feel free to email us at marketing[at]nirwanagardens[dot]com[dot]sg should your future travels bring you back to Nirwana Gardens. We look forward to welcoming you back!

Reviewed July 28, 2013

We stayed at Nirwana Resort Hotel from 25July to 27 July. We were very impressed with the service and friendliness of all the staff during our stay. The staff at check-in counter was friendly and patient even when we requested a change of room. We patronised Dino Bistro, The Coffee Shop, Kelong Seafood Restaurant, Poolside Cafe, Makan Makan, all staff greeted us with smiles and very good in their service.

Food at Kelong Seafood Restaurant a must try when you visit Nirwana Gardens. Seafood fresh and delicious!

I've stayed in Bintan Lagoon before and stafg there were not as friendly as Nirwana Resort. Thus will stay in Nirwana Resort Hotel again during my next visit.

Please keep up the good work! :)

• Stayed: July 2013
2  Thank Allylsf
NirwanaGardens, Management at Nirwana Gardens - Nirwana Resort Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded July 30, 2013

Hi Allylsf,

Warm Greetings from Nirwana Gardens! Thank you very much for taking the time to write us a review on your stay with us last week.

We were very pleased and humbled to read your kind comments, especially on our staff's service. Our service motto is to "Serve with Extra (S)miles" and we were glad to know that you had enjoyed our warm hospitality throughout your stay! Our utmost priority is to ensure that our guests have a wonderful experience with us at Nirwana Gardens, primarily through our service. Your kind feedback will definitely add to our ongoing efforts for continuous improvement on our service standards.

We also hope that you had enjoyed your gastronomical journey at Nirwana Gardens through our variety of dining outlets, especially at our signature Kelong Seafood Restaurant! Our seafood are freshly caught from the waters daily to ensure the freshness and high quality of our dishes - highly recommended to all our guests :)

Please feel free to share with us any photos you may on our Facebook page (/nirwanabintan) or drop us an email at marketing[at]nirwanagardens[dot]com[dot]sg. Thank you once again for choosing us your vacation destination, we are already looking forward to welcoming you back!

Reviewed July 21, 2013 via mobile

It is my 1st time at bintan n I chose to stay in Nirwana after reading many positive reviews. Overall, I enjoyed my stay at Nirwana, n the staff are very friendly and helpful. The beach is beautiful n I encouraged guests to take a stroll to the resort centre in the morning - it's serene n peaceful...n surprisingly I saw elephants there n the staff allowed me to take a few photos with the elephant. Kelong restaurant is a must go...it had been long since I went to a kelong style restaurant.
I will go bck again !

• Stayed: July 2013
3  Thank HappyTraveler2010_03

Hi HappyTraveler2010_03,

Warm Greetings from Nirwana Gardens! Thank you for taking the time to write us a review on your recent stay with us.

We were very honoured to have been chosen as your vacation destination, especially for your first time in Bintan! We were pleased to read that you had an enjoyable experience - the service from our staff, the beautiful beaches, your dining experience at our signature Kelong Seafood Restaurant and even your chance encounter with our elephants! We do have elephant shows and rides available for our guests almost daily, perhaps you would like to try taking a ride on one on your next stay with us.

Thank you once again for your kind comments, they are very much appreciated and will help us in our ongoing efforts to ensure all our guests have an enjoyable experience with us. We would be more than happy to have the opportunity to welcome you back to Nirwana Gardens again soon, please feel free to email us at marketing[at]nirwanagardens[dot]com[dot]sg should you be seeking another peaceful getaway from the hustle and bustle of city life in Singapore.

Reviewed July 18, 2013

With a short ferry trip from Singapore you can easily arrive to the paradise at Indonesian Bintan island. There are a couple of resorts in the island, Nirwana is the closest from the ferry terminal.
The resort has an own free shuttle coach service from the port to the hotel.
As entering the entrance of the hotel the staff welcomes you by sounding a gong... Amazing feeling. At check-in my room has been upgraded as a gift for a sea view room.
There is big pool with a sea view as well. The resort has a huge area with 3 different accomodations. The whole are can be easily walk around, but underway couple of staff persons asks if they can bring your around by a golf cart.
The resort is in the north side of the island, surrounded by the South China Sea. All accomodations located in the east, east-west side of the resort. If you walk to the south, south-west part in the late afternoon, you will get a magnificent view of the sunset time.
You can eat and drink in couple of bars and restaurant.

This place is for those, who want to chill out quietly.

Room Tip: Ask a sea view room. As they call: quiet room.
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled solo
2  Thank gybacskai

Hi gybacskai,

We were pleased to read your kind comments on our Resort and we hope that you had an enjoyable vacation with us, especially if you had traveled halfway across the globe! There are actually 5 different accommodation experiences within Nirwana Gardens - Nirwana Resort Hotel, Mayang Sari Beach Resort, Nirwana Beach Club, Banyu Biru Villas and Indra Maya Pool Villas. We hope that you would have the time to experience each one of them upon your future return trips, should your future travels bring you back to our little slice of paradise.

We do get a magnificent view of the sunset, especially when the skies are clear in the evenings - thank you for your lovely photo of the sunset from Happy Valley! We would also recommend for you to head over to The Kelong Seafood Restaurant in the evenings; our favourite spot for an almost panoramic view of the evening sunset, especially with a drink in hand at The Calypso Bar.

Thank you once again for choosing us as your vacation destination and we hope that you would come back and have another few days in heaven with us again soon!

Reviewed July 17, 2013

I've been to Nirwana resort several times both with frenz and my hubby. Its a beauty infront of the beautiful beach to rest and relax your body and mind for a short weekend staycation. I luv the sea and i luv relaxing at the swimming pool. Recently me and my hubby stayed here for 4days, the longest break at Nirwana so far and found a treasure in this island. Itz the mayang sari beach. We took the shuttle bus after our breakfast and landed there by mistake but we didn't had the heart to leave the beach after that. We were amazed at how beautiful the turquoise sea was..we swimmed and relaxed at the beach and had afew drinks at the beach bar. We hang around there till dinner time and then went back to our hotel for a mini tea break after which we went to freshen up for our dinner at kelong. Seafood at kelong was good but quite ex! My stay at Nirwana resort is never complete w/t their awesome breakfast. I luv their breakfast here. But however i notice in my recent trip that the standard of the breakfast went slightly down. Nevertheless i would certainly find my way here weneva i need a gud weekend break.

Room Tip: request for rooms facing the beach, a view of the beach is betta than the garden.
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple

Hi ShamCyn,

Warm Greetings from Nirwana Gardens! Thank you very much for taking the time to write us a review on your recent stay with us earlier this year.

We were very humbled on your kind feedback of our Resort, especially to be one of your favourite Resorts! Our Mayang Sari beach is indeed one of our little treasures and highlights for most of our guests seeking a recluse and relaxing beach experience - we're glad you had alighted there from our shuttle bus by mistake! ;) There is an internal shuttle bus running on a 30-min interval which will take you to Mayang Sari - perhaps next time you would be more prepared with your beach bag and essentials to spend another afternoon there? :)

We hope you had enjoyed your dining experiences with us as well, especially at The Kelong Seafood Restaurant and during our daily buffet breakfast. We have noted your feedback on the prices and the quality of the food, and will forward these to our F&B Department Head for review and/or further action. Please feel free to share with us your suggestions of buffet breakfast items to add to our menu so we can ensure that your trip with us will be even more complete with us the next time!

As a returning guest, you are also entitled to special discounts off our Best Available Rates on your next direct online reservation via our website. Should you need any assistance, please feel free to drop us an email at marketing[at]nirwanagardens[dot]com[dot]sg.

Thank you for constantly choosing Nirwana Gardens as your vacation destination with your family and friends, we truly appreciate and value our returning guests and do our best to ensure that their every stay with us is an enjoyable experience. Your feedback will also help us in our continuous effort to improve our standards, to serve our guests better.

We look forward to welcoming you back soon!

Nirwana Gardens

Also consider these accommodations in or near Lagoi
Angsana Bintan
Grand Lagoi Village Bintan
Grand Lagoi Village Bintan
#6 of 37 in Bintan Island
Nirwana Gardens - Nirwana Beach Club

Been to Nirwana Gardens - Nirwana Resort Hotel? Share your experiences!