Was there for 2day 1night. Just checked out today.
Bintan has improved alot since my last visit a decade ago.
I chose this resort based on TA review and the good price offer after comparing with Bintan Lagoo Resort.
First impression of the resort: Nice pool overlooking at the beautiful sea.
Seems like a busy resort with lots of visitors especially from PRC and S Korea.
What I like?
1) Pool overlooking the beautiful south china sea.
2) Shuttle service is regular.
3) Staffs are friendly and patience.
4) Lots of outdoor activities you can join but of course its no free.
5) The room is rather spacious and the cable tv has lots of programme.
6) No lack of F&B. We had seafood dinner at the Kelong. Recommend it although its not that cheap but the view is fantastic. Food is decent too. Free shuttle service to it. Best is sunset.
7) Family friendly
8) Breakfast buffet is rather decent.
What can be better?
1) The resort check-in time is 3pm local time. Early check-in subject to availability and even then it is around 230pm. So if you arrive very early, do be prepared for it.
2) F&B is quite expensive.
3) Beach & sand is covered with black oil spill. So better avoid at all cost.
The beach at Mayang Sari resort is defintely much better.
4) Bintan is not like Phuket or Bali, no street food, local mall or joints of pub. So it lacks of certain charm. Basically, a few resort conglomate occupying the best beach plot and runs the activities.
5) Price is not that cheap overall.
Overall, its still a decent short getaway from Singapore.
I think 1 or 2 night is good enough for relaxation.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Nirwana Resort Hotel has 241 guestrooms including 29 suites, all with sweeping sea, pool or garden views. Full modern amenities and facilities are available to guests, and our ensemble of restaurants and bars will satisfy the most discerning taste buds. With a full and comprehensive range of activities lined up for guests, diverse interests and pursuits are matched with top quality facilities and services. *Nirwana Resort Hotel guests have access to all facilities and restaurants within Nirwana Gardens ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Agoda, HostelWorld, Ctrip TA, Travelocity, Hotwire, Fastbooking, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly, Cancelon and TripOnline SA so you can book your Nirwana Gardens - Nirwana Resort Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Nirwana Gardens - Nirwana Hotel Lagoi
- Nirwana Hotel Lagoi
- Nirwana Gardens - Nirwana Resort Hotel Bintan Island/Lagoi