Just stayed in the Deluxe sea/pool facing rooms at the Nirwana Resort in Bintan, The 55 minute ferry ride from Singapore was excellent, & the hotel pick-up was efficiently handled. The hotel is part of the Nirwana Gardens complex, which comprises 4 other hotels as well. The property looks a bit dated, though the pool area & grounds are in pretty good shape. The infinity pool is, in fact, the best feature of the hotel, as is the clean beach in front of it. The room was adequate, with dark furniture & all amenities that one would expect from a property in this class. Breakfast at the coffee shop was good, with a decent selection of Asian & western cuisine. Being vegetarian, options were a bit limited, but satisfactory. We tried the Dino Bistro for dinner one night & their Italian selections were pretty average. Spice, the Indo-Asian restaurant at the neighbouring Mayang Sari Resort, was the best option for us, A shuttle service operates throughout the complex at intervals of 30 minutes & is a good way of getting around. A host of sporting/fun activities are available within the premises. These include bowling, shooting, archery, ATV's, elephant rides etc. Makes it enjoyable for all those who like to be active on a beach holiday. There are stores selling Indonesian artifacts & clothes within the hotel. Also, a convenience store & money changer. A problem with the resort is the extremely poor lighting at night. Not only are the grounds & common areas very poorly lit, but even the lights in the rooms are completely inadequate. Also, being a fairly large resort, rooms can be tiresomely far from public areas. A thing to note for all tourists to Bintan is the fact that everything there is quoted in Singapore dollars, so there's no need to swap to the Indonesian rupiyah. Overall, an average to fair experience.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Nirwana Resort Hotel has 241 guestrooms including 29 suites, all with sweeping sea, pool or garden views. Full modern amenities and facilities are available to guests, and our ensemble of restaurants and bars will satisfy the most discerning taste buds. With a full and comprehensive range of activities lined up for guests, diverse interests and pursuits are matched with top quality facilities and services. *Nirwana Resort Hotel guests have access to all facilities and restaurants within Nirwana Gardens ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, ACCOR, Fastbooking, Priceline, Hotels.com, Agoda, Cancelon, Ctrip TA, Expedia, HostelWorld, Travelocity, Hotwire, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Nirwana Gardens - Nirwana Resort Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Nirwana Gardens - Nirwana Hotel Lagoi
- Nirwana Hotel Lagoi
- Nirwana Gardens - Nirwana Resort Hotel Bintan Island/Lagoi