Bintan Island is my all-time-favorite-quickie from the fast-and-furious-fumes of the city life in Singapore. A mere 45minutes ride in the Bintan Resort Ferries Emerald Class' cushy armchair, with free-flow of beverages including beers, transports me to an enthralling island where beach, spa and adrenal activities awaits to invigorate my dull and tired body. The island is uniquely separated into two distinctive beaches: the Angsana, the Banyan Tree, and the Nirwana chain of resorts lies on a stretch of soft white sands with gentle waves on one coastline, while the two giants namely the Clubmed and Bintan Lagoon Resort faces a roaring seafront that caves into the golden brown sands along another coastline. The Angsana Bintan Resort and Spa and Banyan Tree Bintan share the same private beach; an alluring blue and soft white beach. It is perhaps also for this reason that they are pricier than the other resorts. Of all the resorts in Bintan, the water clarity at the Angsana/Banyan beach is often at its best, and its color most bewitching. Do note that the water clarity may be affected during monsoon seasons.
Storm riders ran fervently for the high waves that came crashing in on them at the Bintan Lagoon Resort's beach. Action was the only constant as beach boys and girls jumped along with the raging waves, catching in the thrill, and gulping some mouthfuls of seawater. I, too, was no exception. The waves swept me off my feet, landing on the seabed with sands splattered over my face - ouch.
But the Bintan Lagoon Resort was not all so exhaustive; behind the roaring beach was a spacious green field, where a handful of thatched huts were scattered, and guests were pampered by rhythmical massages, lulling them into a lazy afternoon nap.
As the Bintan Lagoon Resort is seated uphill, we had a tiring time walking up and down the hill just to get to the beach, and the tough got tougher after we were drenched and exhausted from the sea-sports. And for this reason, Bintan Lagoon Resort is not recommended for the old, feeble, or lazy bums.
If you had read reviews that the rooms at Bintan Lagoon Resort were dirty and run-down, it was because they were referring to the old rooms! The newly renovated rooms were tastefully designed: sleek, clean, and cozy. I loved to snuggle in the room after a rugged day and enjoy the in-room entertainment. .. for pictures and more information, log on to https://travelwithsuying.com/Bintan.php
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Bintan Lagoon Resort an Indonesian style resort with 470 rooms, villas and suites. A tropical paradise, only 75 minutes by our own private high speed ferry from Singapore direct to the resort. The resort has its own immigration terminal and fast track service. Sitting on the magnificent Pasir Panjang Beach, overlooking the South China Sea the 1.5Km beach is tranquil and unspoilt. Bintan Lagoon Resort is a tropical haven with over 300 hectares (766 acres)and includes 2 stunning championship golf course designed by Jack Nicholas, and Ian Baker Finch. The resort provides excellent meeting, incentive and team building facilities catering to groups from 10 to 1,000 people. Whether it is a family holiday, weekend break, romantic spa indulged getaway, a golfing break, or a company event in Paradise we are waiting to assist you. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Asiatravel.com Holdings, Agoda, Ctrip TA, Booking.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Hotwire, HotelQuickly and Cheap Tickets so you can book your Bintan Lagoon Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Bintan Lagoon Hotel Lagoi
- Bintan Lagoon Resort Bintan Island/Lagoi