I have been to quite a few resorts in Bintan for a short weekend getaway to take a break and unwind and I must say that Bintan Lagoon Resort is my overall favorite resort.
The resort has been around for quite a number of years, thus it looks a little worn around the edges. As it is a resort, do not expect 5-star plush carpeting. The rooms have been newly done up in my last trip there. I would highly recommend a seafront deluxe room when booking. Furnishings are basic and decent for use and bedroom slippers as well as bath towels are included. The food is pretty decent and you can very easily afford room service. They even have a tiny mini mart to buy some snacks and drinks. If you come via ferry from Singapore, I would recommend bringing some fresh fruit with you if you prefer to eat simply. Most of the sports, massage and entertainment facilities are located about a 10min walk away from the main building. It is a little inaccessible and an uncomfortable walk to the complex, but if you need a work out in the gym or have a massage, it will be well worth the walk. They have a well fitted gym albeit poorly ventilated.
The greatest plus point for Bintan Lagoon Resort is definitely the space. It is probably one of the largest resort in the island with its own private beach. I love walking the nature trails fronting the resort as well as along the beach. The beach is clean and well maintained. It is flat and wide enough that you can have a morning jog down the beach, or have kids create sandcastles without too much of a worry. I can walk miles down the beach without coming to an end and it offers wonderful privacy if you have the stamina to venture further down.
If you come with a large family or a bunch of friends it will be best to book the bungalows as they are sea fronting with just a few steps away from the beach.
Bintan Lagoon is definitely one resort I'll come back regularly as it is affordable, allows me to take lovely long walks and not be constrained to the resort itself, and is furnished decently and well maintained.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Bintan Lagoon Resort an Indonesian style resort with 470 rooms, villas and suites. A tropical paradise, only 75 minutes by our own private high speed ferry from Singapore direct to the resort. The resort has its own immigration terminal and fast track service. Sitting on the magnificent Pasir Panjang Beach, overlooking the South China Sea the 1.5Km beach is tranquil and unspoilt. Bintan Lagoon Resort is a tropical haven with over 300 hectares (766 acres)and includes 2 stunning championship golf course designed by Jack Nicholas, and Ian Baker Finch. The resort provides excellent meeting, incentive and team building facilities catering to groups from 10 to 1,000 people. Whether it is a family holiday, weekend break, romantic spa indulged getaway, a golfing break, or a company event in Paradise we are waiting to assist you. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Priceline, Expedia, Ctrip TA, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, Travelocity, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets and HotelQuickly so you can book your Bintan Lagoon Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Bintan Lagoon Hotel Lagoi
- Bintan Lagoon Resort Bintan Island/Lagoi