Stayed in a 4-bedroom villa which was ok, but very old and slightly dirty. bathrooms were covered with grime and mildew.
Room service food was grossly overpriced and tasted terrible! even for something as simple as satay, it was too tough, oily and salty. The naan they served with curry was as hard as a frisbee...
Major gripe: activities such as the water sports or laser quest (etc) have to be booked waaayyy in advance which is ridiculous for people who are only staying for 2 days. It basically means that you have nothing to do on your first day unless u like lazing around in the hot sun and waiting 1 hour for the beach bar waiters to bring you your drinks which they will proceed to spill when they place it on the slanted tables, and then smile sheepishly at you until you ask them to bring you something to clean up the mess!!!??
Even if you try to book a jet ski for the next day, the jet ski staff will simply smile sheepishly at you ( we thought they wanted a bribe or something) and say "maybe you get tomorrow, no guarantee"
The sheepish smile and "no guarantee" was because they reserve the jet skis for people who book the expensive jetski safaris, so even though there apparently are jet skis available, you can't have them unless you pay a lot more by booking the jetski safari!
We only finally got a jet ski after my friend furiously berated them!
The problem doesn't end after getting the jet ski...it died after 3 minutes and we wasted 15 minutes trying and switching jet skis and in the end we only rode for 15 minutes but paid for 30 minutes. WTF?!
The only redeeming factor of this resort is its refreshing welcome drink. Period.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Bintan Lagoon Resort an Indonesian style resort with 470 rooms, villas and suites. A tropical paradise, only 75 minutes by our own private high speed ferry from Singapore direct to the resort. The resort has its own immigration terminal and fast track service. Sitting on the magnificent Pasir Panjang Beach, overlooking the South China Sea the 1.5Km beach is tranquil and unspoilt. Bintan Lagoon Resort is a tropical haven with over 300 hectares (766 acres)and includes 2 stunning championship golf course designed by Jack Nicholas, and Ian Baker Finch. The resort provides excellent meeting, incentive and team building facilities catering to groups from 10 to 1,000 people. Whether it is a family holiday, weekend break, romantic spa indulged getaway, a golfing break, or a company event in Paradise we are waiting to assist you. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Hotwire, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, Cheap Tickets and HotelQuickly so you can book your Bintan Lagoon Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Bintan Lagoon Hotel Lagoi
- Bintan Lagoon Resort Bintan Island/Lagoi