WINNER WONDERLAND

Ranked #4 of 4 Hotels in Lagoi
Singapore, null, Singapore
“Speechless”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 24, 2014

went for 1 night stay for company team building. Excellent villas, best part is the buggy that they provide in each villa. All villas have private swimming pools. The private beach is clean and has some water sports.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Mozaic H, General Manager at Bintan Lagoon Resort, responded to this review, July 26, 2014
Dear Anuj M,

Thank you for taking the time to write your comments on your recent stay.

I am pleased that you had a great time and we look forward to seeing you again in the future, I have passed your comments on to my team to share your feelings on your stay, thank you.

David A. Hill

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (506)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Finnish first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
Singapore
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 24, 2014

The great thing going for Bintan Lagood Resort is the convenience it has with its own ferry terminal and golf course – although we didn’t use the latter. Personally, this is strictly a rest and relax destination so you need to manage your expectations even though its listed as a 5 star property. Overall the place is ... Read the full review here http://kidsonboard.net/blog/travel-moment/bintan-lagoon-resort/

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank Belbuttons
Dear Belbuttons,

Thank you for your comments re your stay in BIntan in March this year, prior to my arrival.

I am pleased you enjoyed our direct ferry service, since March I have changed the vessel on this service which now sails direct to Singapore in less than 75 minutes, with two decks fully air conditioned and this brings you direct to the resort as you mentioned.

Thank you for your comments and rest assured that since my arrival 3 months ago, we are making many changes to this wonderful and restful paradise next to the South China Sea and only 75 minutes from Singapore TMFT terminal.

David A Hill
Singapore, Singapore
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 22, 2014

Basically the resort is self-contained.

You get food, activities, beach etc. and everything else within the resort itself.

Simply rest & relax and enjoy your stay here.

Rooms are huge with a king size bed + a day bed.
There are 2 lounge chairs at the balcony.

There is massage service which you can enjoy while staying in your room.

Sceneries are beautiful.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Howie Y
Dear Howie Y,

Thank you for your comments concerning your stay in Bintan Lagoon Resort, we appreciate your feedback and are pleased you enjoyed your stay with us, I have shared your comments with my team.

We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Hong Kong
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 22, 2014

Flew in from Hong Kong via Singapore & stayed 3 nights over the weekend for a holiday break mainly for 2 grand-daughters aged 4 & 22 months. Bintan Lagoon is a huge resort - we had 2 sea facing rooms in the West wing. Rooms were nice although the aircon did not seem to work very well. Beach is nice - very fine sand and sea is safe for swimming at least in the cordoned area. Kids loved the beach and the Children's pool with a slide. However there was a stench of sewage near the leisure centre which was quite overpowering as we tried to sunbath by the Children's pool - management needs to look into this.
Food was very disappointing - fly infested breakfast buffet ; service was slow; Whilst the Rice restaurant was well positioned by the beach, the service was very slow even at late lunch hour when there was hardly any guests there. Choice of menu was poor especially for vegetarians & kiddies. Haskells at the Golf Club was better but again menu choice limited but at least service was swift and pleasant and the vegetarian fried kwey teow was quite tasty.
Don't bother to go to Kampung Lagoi - bus shuttle was S$6 per person and it was not a real village - just a tourist area set up with a few stalls.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Dear HongKongSalee

Thank you for your comments concerning your stay with us, this is much appreciated and welcome all comments to aid in our improvement of service to our guests.

Our resort is on over 750 acres (300 hectares) and is large as you mentioned, I have investigated the air conditioning issues you mentioned and have discussed this with my housekeeping and engineering teams to ensure that the issue you mention can be avoided.

Thank you for the comments on the beach which is lovely, prestine sand and stretches for kilometres around the bay, the shallow feature of the beach does make it ideal for swimming as you mentioned and also great for kids who love the shallow waters in low tide and building sandcastles..

I am working on the issue of the sewage treatment plant which you mentioned in order to resolve this issue.
I have discussed with our pest control company and also added in additional devices to address the issues you mentioned concerning our buffet area in the morning.

I have also re launched our menus on site in most restaurants and am developing new menus for our main buffet area.

Rice Service has been improved in the recent week since the addition of my new F&B management team who are working on the comments you mentioned re service and I thank you for the comments as we continually strive to improve our service standards.

I look forward to welcoming you back to Bintan Lagoon in the near future.

General Manager.

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 22, 2014

4N5D trip to this resort was brilliant, myself and the girlfriend were booked into a basic room which was great. During our trip I had a little unfortunate accident. The staff at the resort were more than helpful went out of there way to make sure the rest of the trip was comfortable. The resort manager Marco was outstanding with his service, attitude professionalism. I would highly recommend this resort to anyone wanting to get away and relax with there partner or family. It's very clean so much to do around the resort everything on your doorstep you could need. They have a shuttle service into the small village which was convenient. I've stayed at many resorts in the past but nothing quite like this its a must visit!
Once again a big thank you to all the staff at Bintan resort. With a very special thank you to Marco.

• Stayed May 2014
Dear Mr. Wilinson,

Thank you for your comments for your visit to Bintan Lagoon Resort, I am pleased my team looked after you during your stay and that Mr. Marco was so helpful during your stay.

We look forward to welcoming you back to the resort in the near future.

Macau, China
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 21, 2014

It was our second time to visit Bintan. My friends have been this resort so we came back for this time. we stayed in Chempaka villa. Upon check-in, there was a long queue and really crowded.
i understand it was weekends. Standard check-in time is 3pm. we reached resort around 3:20pm. but our villa was still not ready. we could only check-in after 3:40pm. Our villa was cozy and nice although the furnishing was quite old. our buggy has a problem when we were about to go out to the beach side. had call engineering to fix it. it took so long without any other arrangement. we got stuck in villa for an hour.And they sent another buggy for us to use when i complained. after the water activities, when we try to come back to our villa then the buggy didnt work. once again, we had call the staff to pick us up. it was really unacceptable. bytheway, the water activities staff were friendly and nice. we had BBQ in our villa. it was nice. basic equipments are there. it was convenient. housekeeping amenities were not set-up in the room. we had to call operator again. upon check-in, reception staff said hskp is just inspecting the room for final before we check-in. that was the reason we waited for the room. but i seriously dont understand what they did. in the night, one of my friends got stuck in bathroom. the door lock was very old and spoiled. so when she tried to lock the door for shower, it happened. so basically, they never inspect the room properly. bell team and the staff for buggy, they are friendly and so nice. reception staff never smile. i wonder the management does anything to improve for resort.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with friends
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank Minji K
Dear Sandra Minji K,

Thank you for your comments re your recent stay with us, and I am sorry it was not trouble free, this is some thing which I am striving to achieve on the property since I joined three months ago, and your comments are most helpful.

I have looked into the issues you mentioned with your buggy, having discussed this with my team in order to avoid repeats and offer you my apologises for the issues not been resolved at your first point of contact..

Our villas are comfortable and a relaxing way to spend time in the island, my team and I are working on internal improvements to address comments you made and I thank you for your feedback as we improve our service and standards to address some shortfalls which spoiled your impression of the resort.

Thank you for the comments on our water sports team, I have passed on your comments to them, and we are also looking at improvements in this area to provide additional facilities to our guests.

I hope you will return to the island and visit us again.

David A Hill
Surabaya, Indonesia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 20, 2014

Rooms were large and the bed comfortable. English tv channels are available. Breakfast was a good spread with good variety and fresh produce. The pool was large and clean There is a beachside restaurant "Rice", food is acceptable but can sometimes take a while. I would definitely recommned a sea view room - it's so much nicer.

Room Tip: I would definitely recommned a sea view room - it's so much nicer.