Bintan Lagoon Resort
  • Breakfast included
$478
Nirwana Gardens
2,826 results
All reviewsbintan lagoondirect ferryriceterrace barangsoka villaleisure centregolf coursesea facing roomindian chefdriving rangebeautiful resortnice beachshort getawaybeach sidewater sportswelcome drinkbanana boat
Reviewed March 23, 2014

The island is so near and yet I visit the Resort for the first time. Greeting of welcome fill the air the moment I arrived at the resort till I check in the room. The service at the F&B outlets was awesome especially the Terrace Bar and Mojo Cafe. The beach was well maintain and white. My mind was total switch off for the last 4 days. Kudos to all the staffs.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled solo
Reviewed March 22, 2014

We had quickly planned a short weekend break. I booked this resort on expedia. Based on earlier reviews, booked a Deluxe room and not the sea facing one. Sea is quite far anyway and you barely get any view on the lower levels.

Also book the Mozaic Ferries which goes straight to the resort. Seats are standard but convenience of dropping off and boarding when you go back is worth it.

Staff were very helpful and polite. They allowed us early check-in at 10 Am though it official time is 3 PM. The hotel offers lot of day tour packages combined with food/massage etc. However you can also consider calling outside agents who hand over pamphlets as soon as you enter the Island. They are atleast 20-30% cheaper and we had a good experience.

Rooms are good although property is a bit old and sometimes the corridors are a bit musty. But still worth the price. Everything is in SGD and at SGD rates but cant complain. Resort itself is huge and beautiful. And once again I mention that staff are very friendly. I must mention special thanks to Askandar who took us on a couple of tours within the resort.

Food wise there are limited options esp for vegetarians. There is an expensive dinner buffet but not worth it for the limited veg dishes. Maybe the resort can add some more. Otherwise if you book the tours, you can ask those guides for good veg places outside the resort which they ll be happy to oblige and fit into your itinerary.

Overall a great place to spend 2-3 days.

Room Tip: Deluxe rooms are sufficient. We did see a few villas best for large groups. Sea facing ones are well ok if you get at higher levels.
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 21, 2014

Bintan Lagoon, as always, is my favourite quick getaway from Singapore, and a regular meeting site for my sales team and Asia Leadership team before my retirement. It's the only resort within an hour from Singapore where you can satisfy different offline activities - be it golf, or wind surfing, biking, hiking, sunbathing,or simply lazing around the pool.

And you can book a Sunset BBQ at the Jack Niklaus signature Par-3 12th, challenging each other on your iron skill, as you settle in for a closing evening of BBQ after a few days of meetings or seminars.

BL's 2x18-holes offer complementary designs : relaxed resort round at Jack Niklaus, or a tough terrain torture by IBF. You can also pick them by your natural swing tendency, fader or hooker. Regardless, their experienced and well trained caddies are indispensable if you are a serious golfer shooting for birdies. Fairway conditions, barring the recent baking by 2 months of drought in this region, were remarkably good, and the green was well kept, compared with those in Ria Bintan where I played recently.

The hotel rooms look new, comfortable and adequate for most needs. I have not stayed at the villas for many years and hope to do it again next trip, when my overseas friends come over for a weekend of golf.

And now, with their own ferry terminal, the convenience of exclusive service is greatly enhanced. I was very impressed having used the private ferry terminal for the first time.

With promotional ferry fare, BL is definitely a reasonable weekend escape to play 2 rounds of golf, if not simply for beach activities.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled with friends
Reviewed March 20, 2014

Just returned from my first visit to Bintan Lagoon Resort for more than five years. I'd forgotten what a friendly and charming getaway it is - especially the two golf courses ... the Jack Nicklaus-designed Sea View Course and the Ian Baker-Finch sculpted Woodlands Course. Given the lack of recent rain in this part of the world, both tracks were in pretty good shape with the greens running true.

Caddies were great, too. Special mention to Rita, who expertly guided me around both courses. I'm only sorry that my ability with the putter failed to match her green-reading skills. Thanks also to the inimitable Jun Ojiman, one of the best teaching pros to come out of Japan ... a fabulously entertaining character as well as being a great coach. He gave our group some wonderful tips on the driving range and then shot incriminating videos of our imperfect swings on the course!

Hotel room was clean and comfortable and the banana fritters at lunch were sublime.

It certainly won't be another five years until I get back there.

Room Tip: Ground floor leading out to the beach. What better way to start the day?
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled with friends
Reviewed March 19, 2014

I had a good experience at the hotel, will come back next time. Many restaurants, pools, club and so on. Very nice beach. I love the service as well. There are many things you can do in hotel. Will reccomend !

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel