I live and work in Singapore at the moment and I booked this hotel for six nights in one of their Floral suites and was quoted S$528.00 for four nights,S$561.00 for Friday and S$594 for Saturday.
When I got my bill I was astonished to find that the four nights had increased to S$633.60, Friday to S$673.20 and Saturday to a whopping S$712.00!!
When I asked about these extra charges I was told it was due to 10% Tax and 10% Service Charges per day,now I don't mind the tax but I do find the 10% Service Charge on a room fraudulent,I travel the world in the oil industry staying in hotels at all times and I have NEVER ever had a Service Charge on my room anywhere in the world and believe me there is not many countries over the last forty years I haven't been in.
I accept Service charge in the restaurants and bars but never on a room.
I asked for a manager and she told me that the 10% service charge was for cleaning? so I pay between S$528 - S$594 per night and then another S$52.00 - S$60.00 on top for cleaning??
I asked her what would have happened if I had asked for no cleaning,I still would have had to pay the 10% was the reply.
The cleaner takes 30 minutes a day and is probably paid a couple of dollars for that time yet I am paying 50-60 dollars for his time.
Another was the price of a beer in the resort a small 330ml can of beer is charged at S$10 and 10% tax and 10% service charge taking it up to S$12.00, and before the management come on here bleating about transport costs a twenty minute taxi ride will take you to Pasar ole ole where you can buy exactly the same beer in the shop for S$ 20.00 for 12 cans!!! thats shows how much profit they are fleecing you for here.
The resort is run down and well past it's best and it is now mainly catering to cheap Korean family package vacations and this is reflected in the breakfast buffet fare where the quality is the cheapest that can be bought.
Dinner in the Nelayan Restaurant will easily set you back over a S$100.00 as you are a captive clientele here, and as others on here have said activities are limited, the pool alone closes at 7pm on a resort, and the beach activities shut down at 1630hrs? my city centre hotel pool in Singapore closes at 10pm
Another thing is that air conditioning is limited in the public areas and with the high humidity thats a miss, the Kopi restaurant is open to the elements and that means birds fliyng in and out and feeding off plates as I have witnessed.
So avoid the place as I definately will, my next break will be in Phuket wher they know how to cater for and keep repeat vistors, I'll be telling all the guys and wives in Singapore the same.
This place is run on the cheap for the cheap.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Bintan Lagoon Resort an Indonesian style resort with 470 rooms, villas and suites. A tropical paradise, only 75 minutes by our own private high speed ferry from Singapore direct to the resort. The resort has its own immigration terminal and fast track service. Sitting on the magnificent Pasir Panjang Beach, overlooking the South China Sea the 1.5Km beach is tranquil and unspoilt. Bintan Lagoon Resort is a tropical haven with over 300 hectares (766 acres)and includes 2 stunning championship golf course designed by Jack Nicholas, and Ian Baker Finch. The resort provides excellent meeting, incentive and team building facilities catering to groups from 10 to 1,000 people. Whether it is a family holiday, weekend break, romantic spa indulged getaway, a golfing break, or a company event in Paradise we are waiting to assist you. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Priceline, Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Ctrip TA, Orbitz, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, Travelocity, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets and HotelQuickly so you can book your Bintan Lagoon Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Bintan Lagoon Hotel Lagoi
- Bintan Lagoon Resort Bintan Island/Lagoi