We stayed at the Sea facing Angsoka villa for a few days and it suited our large family rather well. The villa was big and is located just a minute away from the beach. The central living room is decently furnished and is fairly large with a large dining table. The property is quite spread out and the cart provided by the resort comes very handy to access the various facilities of the place. The private pool adds to the functionality as does the large kitchen with all sorts of kitchen accessories. The rooms at the first floor were comfortable and a couple of them had ample space besides the bed.
The resort is nicely maintained though the same cannot be said about the maintenance of the villa. There were issues of leaking taps and chipped off paint on some walls and broken tiles in the pool. Some of the other villas definitely looked better maintained than the one we got and it was a let down as we stayed on a week day and almost the entire place had a very less occupancy and they could have offered us a better Villa. The place had two pools and both are excellent and so was the driving range and the Golf course.
There are ample activities available to keep everyone busy at the resort . The complementary breakfast spread was average though the place has a few good restaurants and bars. The beach is clean and nice and they do offer lot of sporting activities. The staff was nice and friendly and they were really helpful to the old members in our family. Since the restaurants are accessible only through the stairs ( for the villa guests) they helped our old parents to walk through the staff function areas to reach the restaurants. Though the staff did their best, I find it quite absurd that all the three restaurants are accessible only through a steep flight of stairs with no provision for elevators access.This can be annoying to the old or physically challenged people. On the whole is was a good vacation for us as all of us stayed together but it surely could have been better.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Bintan Lagoon Resort an Indonesian style resort with 470 rooms, villas and suites. A tropical paradise, only 75 minutes by our own private high speed ferry from Singapore direct to the resort. The resort has its own immigration terminal and fast track service. Sitting on the magnificent Pasir Panjang Beach, overlooking the South China Sea the 1.5Km beach is tranquil and unspoilt. Bintan Lagoon Resort is a tropical haven with over 300 hectares (766 acres)and includes 2 stunning championship golf course designed by Jack Nicholas, and Ian Baker Finch. The resort provides excellent meeting, incentive and team building facilities catering to groups from 10 to 1,000 people. Whether it is a family holiday, weekend break, romantic spa indulged getaway, a golfing break, or a company event in Paradise we are waiting to assist you. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com and Travelocity so you can book your Bintan Lagoon Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Bintan Lagoon Hotel Lagoi
- Bintan Lagoon Resort Bintan Island/Lagoi