I was impressed as soon as my boyfriend and I arrived at the ferry. Basically, BLR has its own private ferry terminal. So, as soon as you alight from the ferry, you are greeted by the friendly staffs and a welcome dance. There were shuttle buses that takes you to the hotel lobby, or you can choose to take a 5 minutes walk to the lobby.
Usual check-in time would be 1600hrs but arrived 3-4 hours earlier. We were lucky because the staff told us that the room was ready to check-in. I was surprised by what they have given us; a complimentary Deluxe Room facing the Sea (Originally paid for a Deluxe room) due to our long stay of 4D3N. (Which is worth $70++ per night)
The room we got was located in the West Wing. It was neat and clean. The verandah provided us with the awesome view of the beach and the swimming pool. Also, the weather was refreshingly hot (But not as humid as Singapore), which we took the opportunity to dry our laundry which is amazingly crisp and dry by late evening. To add on, when we left the room for about 2-3 hours, the room was already neat and tidy. We're impressed at the efficiency of the housekeeping!
Wherever we went, we were greeted Good morning/afternoon by the staffs. They were pleasant, courteous and handles our request without showing any obligations. Throughout our 4 days trip, they never fail to provide us with useful suggestions (eg. Recommending the best time for your desired activities)
However, we were quite disappointed when we made a trip to Pasar Oleh-Oleh. It was really quiet although it's in broad daylight. Some of the shops were in the midst of renovation. We didn't shop for any souvenir items due to lack of variety except for buying packets of keropok (crackers) which is quite tasty. Hopefully, they will fully revamp the place soon enough and make it a hustling shopping area for tourists.
All in all, we did spend quite a sum for a room for two. But my boyfriend and I just had to agree it's worth the money! It was a pleasant trip throughout and the warmness of the staffs and great housekeeping efforts as well as activities provided made it all worthwhile.
1) Always ask when you're unsure. Activities/Dine-in/Other services don't include their tax of 21% unless the amount they stated is NETT. This is to prevent you from getting a rude shock when you're checking out of the hotel and realised you had to top up quite a sum of money.
2) Food and other items cost slightly more in Singapore. So do bring your desired amount of food depending on the duration of stay. However, do not bring so much because there will be days you feel sick of eating those rations you brought and you'll feel like dining in at the restaurant instead. (Haha!)
3) You don't have to change money in IDR (Indonesian Rupiah) because they accept payment in SGD currency too!
4) Do not expect much from the buffet. It does not have many varieties but if you just love buffet and not really fuss on the varieties of food, then it's great for you!
Really hope my review helps any doubtful people who wants to come to BLR!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Bintan Lagoon Resort an Indonesian style resort with 470 rooms, villas and suites. A tropical paradise, only 75 minutes by our own private high speed ferry from Singapore direct to the resort. The resort has its own immigration terminal and fast track service. Sitting on the magnificent Pasir Panjang Beach, overlooking the South China Sea the 1.5Km beach is tranquil and unspoilt. Bintan Lagoon Resort is a tropical haven with over 300 hectares (766 acres)and includes 2 stunning championship golf course designed by Jack Nicholas, and Ian Baker Finch. The resort provides excellent meeting, incentive and team building facilities catering to groups from 10 to 1,000 people. Whether it is a family holiday, weekend break, romantic spa indulged getaway, a golfing break, or a company event in Paradise we are waiting to assist you. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity and Booking.com so you can book your Bintan Lagoon Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Bintan Lagoon Hotel Lagoi
- Bintan Lagoon Resort Bintan Island/Lagoi