“Pleasant Stay! But Be Prepared To Spend More.” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Bintan Lagoon Resort

Ranked #4 of 4 Hotels in Lagoi
Singapore, Singapore
“Pleasant Stay! But Be Prepared To Spend More.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 7, 2013

I was impressed as soon as my boyfriend and I arrived at the ferry. Basically, BLR has its own private ferry terminal. So, as soon as you alight from the ferry, you are greeted by the friendly staffs and a welcome dance. There were shuttle buses that takes you to the hotel lobby, or you can choose to take a 5 minutes walk to the lobby.

Usual check-in time would be 1600hrs but arrived 3-4 hours earlier. We were lucky because the staff told us that the room was ready to check-in. I was surprised by what they have given us; a complimentary Deluxe Room facing the Sea (Originally paid for a Deluxe room) due to our long stay of 4D3N. (Which is worth $70++ per night)

The room we got was located in the West Wing. It was neat and clean. The verandah provided us with the awesome view of the beach and the swimming pool. Also, the weather was refreshingly hot (But not as humid as Singapore), which we took the opportunity to dry our laundry which is amazingly crisp and dry by late evening. To add on, when we left the room for about 2-3 hours, the room was already neat and tidy. We're impressed at the efficiency of the housekeeping!

Wherever we went, we were greeted Good morning/afternoon by the staffs. They were pleasant, courteous and handles our request without showing any obligations. Throughout our 4 days trip, they never fail to provide us with useful suggestions (eg. Recommending the best time for your desired activities)

However, we were quite disappointed when we made a trip to Pasar Oleh-Oleh. It was really quiet although it's in broad daylight. Some of the shops were in the midst of renovation. We didn't shop for any souvenir items due to lack of variety except for buying packets of keropok (crackers) which is quite tasty. Hopefully, they will fully revamp the place soon enough and make it a hustling shopping area for tourists.

All in all, we did spend quite a sum for a room for two. But my boyfriend and I just had to agree it's worth the money! It was a pleasant trip throughout and the warmness of the staffs and great housekeeping efforts as well as activities provided made it all worthwhile.

Tips:

1) Always ask when you're unsure. Activities/Dine-in/Other services don't include their tax of 21% unless the amount they stated is NETT. This is to prevent you from getting a rude shock when you're checking out of the hotel and realised you had to top up quite a sum of money.

2) Food and other items cost slightly more in Singapore. So do bring your desired amount of food depending on the duration of stay. However, do not bring so much because there will be days you feel sick of eating those rations you brought and you'll feel like dining in at the restaurant instead. (Haha!)

3) You don't have to change money in IDR (Indonesian Rupiah) because they accept payment in SGD currency too!

4) Do not expect much from the buffet. It does not have many varieties but if you just love buffet and not really fuss on the varieties of food, then it's great for you!

Really hope my review helps any doubtful people who wants to come to BLR!

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
4 Thank Einsley_J
BLR_Manager, Public Relations Manager at Bintan Lagoon Resort, responded to this review, October 10, 2013
Dear "Einsley_J",

Greetings from Bintan Lagoon Resort!

Thank you for your valuable feedback! Your feedback helps us to improve the service quality

Here's few areas I like to share:

We provide direct ferry service to all our resort guests to minimise travel time and allow guests to have more time to spend with their loved ones.
Check-in time is usually 3pm (BIN), however our staff understand time is precious and will always try to provide early check-in whenever possible. Our Housekeeping team also put in lots of effort to ensure rooms are kept in their best condition.

I'm sad to hear about your experience to Pasar Oleh-Oleh. As a tourist attraction, we are not able to comprehend the service disruption by shop owners. However, if you would like to get souvenirs for friends, you could always check out our shops within Bintan Lagoon Resort.
Alternatively, if you prefer more thrillers over shopping, you can always approach our friendly staff for advice.

Dining cost are pretty reasonable compared to other restaurants on Bintan Island. We provide convenience for our guests with 11 in-house dining options. They serve authentic Indonesia cuisine, to savory Asian and Western delights

I hope the above gives you more options. Once again, we thank you for your valuable feedback and we hope to see you back again!

Best regards,
Bintan Lagoon Resort

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (526)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Finnish first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
Perth, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 7, 2013

best customer service ever .. husband had abirthday and johnny organised a awesome cake .. singing .. decorations in the room .. highly recommended !! THE BEST GOLFING VENUE IN WORLD WILL DEFINITELY RETURN AND TELL ALL MY GOLFING PALS TO GO TO BINTAN AND SEE JOHNNY !! ferry service very convenient

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear "Jennifer G",

Greetings from Bintan Lagoon Resort!

Thank you for your wonderful comment! We take pride in providing our utmost service to our guests and attend to our guests' needs whenever possible.

We are glad that you and your husband liked what we did for this birthday celebration. I'm sure it will be very encouraging for Johnny and everyone at Bintan Lagoon to hear such gracious comment from you.

We will continue to work our very best and we hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back in the near future.

Best regards,
Adelaide, South Australia, Australia
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 30, 2013

Be prepared to do your paperwork on this trip to Bintan Island. Entry forms and exit forms as you are leaving Singapore and entering Indonesia. The ferry trip is worth the upgrade to Dream class or whatever it was called by paying the extra if you want a more comfortable ride, it lasts an hour and my advise is take a seasick pill if you suffer at all!

Now for the resort! The welcome to Bintan Island Resort dancers are a nice touch but look well and truly bored of doing it for so long. The wifi is hopeless and you have to pay for it, at around $20 for a 24 hour period it worked when it wanted to and was tiresomely slow!

The meals are buffet style most evenings and are nothing special, just a variation each day. The other restaurants located around the place do offer a different view and a different taste, but to be honest it all started to taste the same to me and I was hoping for truly authentic local Cuisine - Forget that! In fact room service was the best of the lot with the greatest selection.

As for buying local products, don't expect a bargain, any choice or for that matter anything over a medium in clothes if you are of Australian build. I thought I would wait and but my special wedding clothes but had to stick with what I brought with me as nothing and I mean nothing fitted; not by a long shot. We were doing the romantic notion of getting married thing on the beach, however, at AUS $1000 we decided to just have diner on the beach and do our own ceremony, it was nice and the two waiters were a nice touch. I thought it was not bad value. It said $150ish and we thought that was ideal. Whoops fine print it was per person and it was plus service tax and GST! So that worked out to be around Aus $400. In fact a 5 day stay cost us over $1000 Plus Plus in food alone and we considered ourselves thrifty spenders.

So what about we escape and shop locally? Forget that, it is a 2 hour trip by taxi anywhere and 2.5 hour to Bintan City. You are truly stitched up in this clever resort. I could have and should have known better. Oh well you live and learn.

After a while I resigned myself to go to the pool and drink an $8.00 mocktail or two or three each day. It was relaxing but I won’t be going back. Thank you Bintan Island Resort, My Advise stay in Singapore there is more to offer, better food and cheaper too.

Room Tip: The rooms need to be away from foot traffic, the corridor access floors transfer noise like you woul...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
3 Thank Chris C
BLR_Manager, Public Relations Manager at Bintan Lagoon Resort, responded to this review, October 17, 2013
Dear "Chris C",

I apologise for the discomfort you had during the ferry ride. Most of our resort guests chose to take our direct Mozaic ferry service as it's much faster and convenient. Taking public ferry requires a land transport and it incurs additional cost.

For wifi, we try to maintain state-of-the-art services. However, we have taken note of the connectivity issues and will work with our service provider to improve the situation.

I also like to take this opportunity to share few ideas which you may consider for your next trip. Our resort serve authentic Indonesian cuisine. There are 11 more dining options available for guests to choose. Our galleria has a wide selection of local delights and souvenirs which you can get for friends. In addition, our resort offer several activities for both adults and kids. We hope to provide convenience for all our resort guests. If you enjoy thrill and fun activities, you can approach our friendly counter staff for advice.

Do consider some of the above options during your next visit. We hope to see you soon!

Bintan Lagoon Resort

Travelers are raving about these Lagoi hotels

Singapore, null, Singapore
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 30, 2013

I was impressed the moment I got out of the ferry, because I was greeted by a beautiful beach with a coastline so long, it sets your heart and mind free just by looking at it under the bright morning sunlight.

After alighting, just walk about 200m to the immigrations, once you've cleared immigrations, you just need to walk less than 200m to the Hotel's Main Lobby, which was located on a slope behind the immigrations.

There was practically nothing much to do if you're not there for golf, I was there with my wife and upon checking in and finding out that I have indicated we're there for our Anniversary Celebration, the staff told us to wait for about 30 mins.

In the meantime, another staff approached us to register for a Journeyful Account, which was apparently the Group's name or something. Upon registering, we're entitled to 2 vouchers, which we used one for our lunch later on and the other one for a 1-hour VIP KTV Room usage.

We then deposited our bags and went for lunch at Haskell Cafe, which was a short 3 mins walk from the Main Lobby. Lunch is not cheap, considering that I was eating in an Indonesian Island, but then again, the portion is quite huge. You can expect to spend about $30 inclusive of soft drinks / Latte. But with the Voucher, we paid only about $50, similar price you would expect to pay at Swensen's in Singapore.

Upon coming back, the room was ready, But the card they issued did not work for us. It was quite a long walk from our room to the main lobby, just imagine the frustration we faced, but fortunately a cleaning staff was nearby and he used his "Master Card" to unlock our room afte checking that we really are the occupants meant for this room.

The room was fantastic. It was cooling, the towel-folded swans were laid on the bed with Bougainvilla flower petals arranged in a heart-shape, even in the washroom, everything was all nicely arranged. We had Dinner at Kopi-O. Initially I was skeptical about this as I read reviews saying the food was so-so and that it was over-priced, but I decided to give it a shot. Turned out that it's not so bad after all. $38++ for buffet per adult. Again, almost similar price you would pay in Singapore for Dinner Buffet. Food was great, although not VERY FANTASTIC, but at least it is tasty. Don't expect International Buffet kind of variety, but at least it has about 10 - 15 dishes, with tons of desserts. haha.

After Dinner, we went to sing our hearts out at the KTV using the voucher we got. We were entitled to a free 1-Hour KTV usage.

The next morning we woke up late around 9.30am and we went for a long breakfast session at Kopi-O Cafe. Breakfast was usual, as what you would expect to have at any hotels, with porridge options and omelette. Breakfast was Buffet Style, so ok, you can help yourself to as many as you like. Following that, I went for a swim at the swimming pool with the slide, which was at the leisure centre. Remember to slide down the slide with its end located at the 1.2m deep end and not the 0.8m deep end, otherwise you're likely to end up with a bruised butt.(It happened to me).

The slide was irresistible, I have to say. If you own a Waterproof phone like the Sony Xperia Z that I'm using, you can even film yourself sliding down the slide, it's quite an amazing footage. haha.

We requested for a late checkout and since it was a weekday, we managed to get a late checkout till 2pm, which was just nice, because our ferry was at 3.40pm. So after our swim, we went back to our room, cleaned up and packed up. Following that, we checked out at 2pm, then went RICE, which was a restaurant set at the beach, took our lunch, food was fantastic and the view was great, because from where we're sitting, we were facing the beach, but in an air-conditioned restaurant with large glass panels looking out.

Finishing our lunch, we just walked over to the immigration, where we subsequently boarded the ferry and it's Home Sweet Home~

Room Tip: Send your special requests to this hotel if you have any, they'll really attend to it :)
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Brianong88
Dear "Brianong88",

Greetings from Bintan Lagoon Resort!

We thank you for your heartfelt feedback. Your feedback is very important to us and we take it as a encouraging drive to motivate us further!

We have more than 11 dining options and more than 40 recreational activities for our guests to enjoy. Our cost are pretty reasonable compared to most external vendors on Bintan Island. We hope guests can enjoy our facilities without having to pay for additional costs or hidden charges by external vendors. Nonetheless, we always strive to improve our services and hope that our guests will make good use and enjoy their time with us.

Once again, thank you for your valuable feedback and we hope to welcome you back soon!

Singapore, Singapore
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 29, 2013

Arrived in the Mozaic Ferry. There are 2 ferrys per day to and fro Singapore. Checkout Mozaic Ferry for their timetable. There was a shuttle bus that brings you to the hotel lobby, or you could just walk (less than 5 mins) right up to the hotel lobby. Take lift to Level 6.
Facilities and room are a little old, but still quite ok. Room only provide some very basic toiletries. No toothbrush or shaving kit or comb or anything. Just shampoo and bath foam and shower cap. So bring your own toothbrush. Hairdryer in the shower was spoilt, when it was turned on the heating coil burned and you could smell smoke coming from it.
If you are looking to not spend much, the only things to do are to swim, gym and sun tan at the beach...pretty much it. The resort beach is relatively clean. There are 2 swimming pools, one facing the beach the other near the Leisure centre (with the kids slide into the pool). Like the reviews in here, ATV, archery, billards, karaoke, jetski etc all are not very cheap. Cycling is about S$6 an hour. Everything in the hotel is pretty much stated in Sing dollars.
Food wise was average. Not cheap, but you are staying in a resort and on a holiday and not much other place you can get food.
Pasar oleh oleh is really nothing much. Small and quite isolate, really for tourist. You can get a shuttle bus from the resort, only twice a day. To and fro is $6. Timings from hotel are 10am and 2pm. Back from pasar is 11.30am and 3.30pm. To confirm check with the hotel. Recommend if you want to go for a massage, pay a one way $3. There are a few massage places there. Usually the massage comes with a free ride back to the resort so you do not have to worry about transport back (min 2 to go).
Overall, a place to stay just to relax and do nothing but soak in the sun and sand.

Room Tip: Choose sea view if you can. Stay in the east wing to be closer to the beach. Rooms with smaller num...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank Gagnant76
BLR_Manager, Public Relations Manager at Bintan Lagoon Resort, responded to this review, September 30, 2013
Dear “Gagnant76"

Thank you very much for your comments. We really appreciate your feedback as it is only through this channel that we are able to identify areas of concern which in turn gives us a chance to correct and improve our services.

We do hope that you will consider staying with us again in the future. Thank you very much once again. We wish you pleasant journeys.

Regards,
Ahmedabad, India
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 29, 2013

We landed up immediately after our wedding. It was one of those big fat Indian weddings following which we were totally drained and so we had selected this place prior to our adventure in Singapore. And let me say it does not disappoint at all...its one of the most peaceful locations in the world...you are totally cut off...huge resort with lovely staff and prompt services although you might have some issues with food if you are hardcore vegetarians like us but overall a place to relax...the only thing you do is get tanned on the lovely beach and relax...and ya have some Javanese beach side massages too...there is also one beach lounge which is usually populated in the evenings with good selection of drinks and peaceful sitting with some good music...overall I would recommend to those who just want few days of disconnect from the torpedoes world..!!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
BLR_Manager, Public Relations Manager at Bintan Lagoon Resort, responded to this review, October 1, 2013
Dear Mr "ravin_84"

Greetings from Bintan Lagoon Resort.

Thank you very much for your comment and choosing to stay with us here. We are glad to know that you and your loved one were satisfied with your stay.

I am sure that this possible feedback will serve as a strong encouragement to the team as we strive to continuously improve the quality of our services.

Thank you once again for sharing your experience and we hope to see you soon!

Bangalore, India
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 28, 2013

this has been a while

we had a great but tiring trip of singapore for 3 days and landed at bintan lagoon resort. what a place! just what we were looking for. we spent the next 3 days relaxing wonderfully and made up for a hectic stay at singapore.

the resort is massive (is there another name for such a property?)
they had 2 in-house full-fledged golf courses in the premises!
multiples of everything.. pools, restaurants, cuisines, spas..

bintan is a place where you just relax. nothing to do outside the resort (any resort for that matter)
with visa on arrival facility, what more could a visitor ask for?
convenient access from singapore - a little more than an hour's ferry ride.

being veggies, good tasty food is hard to find but we found it in plenty here!
we didn't play golf but enjoyed food at the golf view restaurant. this place also had a few favoured Indian dishes for us.
buffet breakfast was awesome, one of the biggest we have seen in our lives, with cuisines from almost every continent.
generally, food was good and slightly on the expensive side.

our room (floral suite) was massive! we paid about $200 or INR 10,000 per night (we got a great deal) for 3 nights and enjoyed every moment of our stay in the room! this suite had 2 rooms, 2 bathrooms, a big living area and 3 TVs. though this was meant for a family, we thoroughly enjoyed our stay and would often find it difficult to motivate ourselves enough to step out of the room.
we had a nice sea view from our balcony.

the beach was great.
the spa looked great too but we didn't use the facility.

when we visited, there were no water sports on the premises but conducted elsewhere and supposed to be good.

the resort was mostly filled with honeymooners and why not?

great place to visit. enjoy with your spouse (and friends / family)
would love to go back to the resort again but not before we visit all other beach destinations of the world.

Room Tip: the forest suite is slightly more expensive than the lesser rooms but absolute value for money. if...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank VinayMudugal
Dear "VinayMudugal",

Greetings from Bintan Lagoon Resort!

We are absolutely delighted that you and loved ones loved our resort. I believe "humongous" is the word to describe our resort & facilities!

Thank you for your great comments about our resort and your utmost satisfaction with our food. I am very happy to share your wonderful comments with our Chefs and the team! It is great to work with an engaged team and have fantastic comments coming from our guests.

Thank you again for choosing us, we are looking forward to see you on your next trip to Bintan!

Bintan Lagoon Resort
Also consider these accommodations in or near Lagoi
Nirwana Gardens - Nirwana Resort Hotel
The Sanchaya
The Sanchaya
#1 of 4 in Lagoi
Village Resort Grand Lagoi Bintan by Far East Hospitality

Been to Bintan Lagoon Resort? Share your experiences!