“It's a place I can review on with truth and happiness”

Ranked #5 of 5 Hotels in Lagoi
Singapore, Singapore
“It's a place I can review on with truth and happiness”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 7, 2013

Take some time to read if you want to completely understand how good/bad this place is. All these are true experience on 18 August 2013.

I was so close to giving up the trip to Bintan as most of the resorts are either too expensive, too far from the beach, their beach is too dirty or their hotel is either scary/bad service/full of insects/dirty/boring. I was so close to also booking a really expensive resort before I saw a very honest and important review which made me gave up.

I randomly googled on how to visit bintan without getting deals from groupon or other websites. And somehow, Mozaic Hotels and Resorts appeared. I clicked onto it and was amazed.

But i was still afraid, so I googled and rest most of their RECENT reviews and I came here to read up on their reviews.

It was a trip for my boyfriend's birthday and our first anniversary. I kinda know it was hard for me to find a good place because I am on budget + i have high expectation on the service, food ( i am a foodie ) and the environment! It's a special special occasion for my boyfriend and I!

I read a lot of reviews and decided to email the person in charge before I make an appointment, to see if they can meet my request. At first I was handled by their Singapore's department and the service was alright. But they did try their best to understand and take note of my requests. But because I emailed them really late, they hand my request over to the people in Bintan's department itself and it was already 16 August by then. YES, VERY CLOSE TO THE DEPARTURE DATE!

So, within that 1 day, there was a lot of emailed flooding in and out and finally all request has been informed. We were very excited. Different department of bintan got involved to help out and make everything possible. Including weCARE team.

We took the Journeyful's queens ferry which goes directly to Bintan Lagoon's resort's ferry terminal which was 5 MINS AWAY FROM OUR HOTEL AND IT IS JUST 2 MINS WALK AWAY FROM THE BEACH!!! Or rather 1 minute.... AWESOME?!

We took the ferry and upon reaching I told my boyfriend, " SEE, I TOLD YOU. LIKE IN THE PICTURE OF THE OTHER REVIEWERS. THE BEACH IS CLEAN AND THEIR WATER!!! WE CAN SEE THROUGH THE WATER!!!! " That point of time, I know I MADE THE RIGHT CHOICE! Hahaha

We took a bus which was already there before we reached, it drove us to the lobby although it was just a 5 minutes walk. I alighted and was first greeted by very friendly staff with wide smile and tons of invitation to their resort. Our check in time was 3pm. So we wanted to head for baggage and lunch and beach and check in. We went to register and I was told in the email to look for Imma when i reach. She's from weCARE. I looked for her and was told that she starts work at 1pm and her colleague, Valentina was waiting for us already.

I turned and she was there, greeting with a wide smile and told me not to worry. Everything will run smoothly. And she also gave me a special check in time, which was 12pm!! We don't have to wait no more! We head off for a small bite and awhile later Valentina came and gave me a cute smile to show me that everything is done! I was so excited! She offered to collect my baggage for me and took my room card for me. She then told me to inform her for any request and told me to have fun! We went into the room and was shock by all the beautiful furniture, lighting and most importantly, the flower petals! Check it out in the pictures. Room comes with BATH TUB! So don't worry!! Hehehe. Balcony is included too!

Imma came to work and I went to meet up with her. She took me on a golf cart ( which if we want to we are supposed to rent it for a certain amount ) and brought me to our dinner place - RICE Restaurant.

It's a big beautiful restaurant just right beside the beach! People there are always full of good attitude and present themselves with wide smile. Imma from weCARE team, took me to the dining area and gave advice on where I should have my dinner so that it's romantic enough. I chose my table and all she said is, Don't worry, we will decorate it for you and you will sure like it. No need for her to say, I already know i won't be disappointed since I first alight from the ferry.

She took me on a ride to the different leisure places in the resort and sent me back to the lobby, reassuring me again and went off to get really busy with my request.

At night, we went over to the dining area and we were shock. Pictures are ALL included in this review. It was beautiful, romantic and we felt special!!!!

We had our dinner from their dinner menu and their food, priced as usual Singapore steak restaurant price / Jack's place price, actually gave me the best steak I've ever had. My rib eye was medium rare, EXACTLY medium rare, sauce was not blend and it was flavourful. Sides was amazingly delicious I can still remember how it taste. Everything was SO CLOSE TO PERFECTION if only there is anything that's PERFECT! This is a really good example of you pay for what you get! We paid around 30 sing dollars for the steak and got return a steak that tasted like it could have been charged 50 sing dollars in Singapore. Jack's place have the same pricing steak but of a lower quality and it does not even taste as good as their's!

I had a cake reserved and customized for my boyfriend, it was served last and Imma personally came over to the restaurant to make sure everything was fine. Cake was Sacher Torte, heartshaped with wording. I thought it would be priced like Singapore's cake but I was wrong. It was only close to 20 bucks...

We shared the cake with the staff cause they gave excellent service. We were a small distance away from the main entrance where the kitchen is at but we were never once neglected. They keep a close lookout for our needs and request and whenever we ask for something, they reply back w polite attitude and ... A SMILE!

We ended our day over there with a super full stomach but the food was so nice I haven't had enough... We couldnt help but keep praising the service and how sweet Imma was. Johnny from weCARE department was the one who decorated our table and whenever he sees us, he'll walk over in a really sexy manner and a wide smile and say HI CLEO AND ERIC! HOW ARE YOU!!! So enthusiatic and it makes me feel as though I am a regular there! Imma would look really cute and say hiiiii cleoooo!!!! then she will ask us how are we doing, was it good, where are we going and they will tell us / inform us of any special events at night.

Without fail for whole 3D2N, they greeted us with good attitude, pretty smile and they make us feel like we are their friends! I have experienced great service before but NEVER of such consistent, polite, comfortable and crazily awesome service. It's still stuck in my mind and we're still in contact till now. HAHAH. Endless service is true example of good service. It don't just stop at the moment when you leave the place!

For the rest of the days, there was no special request. But we explore around the beach, pool, cafe, had sheesha, had mocktails and suntan.

The only BAD EXPERIENCE i would always remember, is the people in their minimart. They were pretty rude and they do not serve you when you enter. Until you have to go up to them and ask about the price. And if you ask of the price for 2 items, they answer you for 1 and continue chatting among themselves or do their own things. Their suntan lotion was also pretty crazily charged. This is why we got sun burnt. A really small bottle of normal sun block was near to 36 sing dollars. Not of Banana Boat brand, it was Nivea. Crazy enough? And they just ignore you if you ask them other stuff. No smile, no eye contact and no bit of politeness AT ALL! Whenever i enter the minimart, I felt like im in a different resort. The service was of such big different!

Their staff doing the room service would greet you whenever they see you. They greet once they see you. They don't hesitate or greet unwillingly. Only the minimart was a huge disappointment.

Another tip is to not use Rupiah because the things seems to be charged more expensively by a dollar or 2 SGD if you use rupiah! Just stick to SGD!

Their wifi can be pretty pricey but why would you need to use your phone when you are on a vacation?!?!?!?!??!?!?!

Their breakfast buffet is another thing you are going to miss. It's really full of good quality food, good service and it's a pretty place! It's in Kopi-O and that breakfast buffet will be one of the reason why I am definitely going back there again.

Pictures attached!

Lastly, when we left, Johnny gave each of us a gift from bintan lagoon resort and took us on a golf cart around the whole resort, from private pools and villa to places to have fun and told us a lot of things about that place. It was full of laughter but sadly Imma wasn't around for the last day. We didn't manage to take a group picture.

In conclusion :

SERVICE : 9.5/10 if not for minimart -.-
FOOD : 9/10 for those i've tried ( Mojo cafe sells small snack of average quality but a little expensive. Just a little. ) Rice restaurant was worth the month and Kopi-O was hell excellent! Both of it are so close to 10/10! Terrance cafe had their food from Rice so the rating would be same as Rice. I ordered wrong cocktail thus .... sad for me.
Environment : look at the beach and the sea and judge yourself! My judgement rating would be 9/10!!!!

Chance of going back there again : I signed up in Journeyful on the day i reach the resort. Their staff came up to us to tell us about the free sign up with discount vouchers for certain things we choose on our stay. So, i just receive this promo and I am already considering to go back there. Planning my dates now. HAHAHAHA YES! It's a beautiful place!!

Overall experience : I am really thankful for all the staff ESPECIALLY the weCARE department. Really! For the deco - advices - thoughts - politeness - attitude - consistency - service - friendliness - creativity and many more!!! I hope when Im there again, you guys are still around!!

Hopefully i didnt miss out any plus point because it's definitely good to be shared for such good experience!

Room Tip: If you don't mind the scenery, a deluxe room is fine. Because just the deluxe room itself, it...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
BLR_Manager, Public Relations Manager at Bintan Lagoon Resort, responded to this review, October 22, 2013
Dear "Cleocerise",

I'm most pleased to hear what you have for us. Our resort is just like a small island paradise which you can experience peace and quiet. With the convenience of our facilities and friendly staff, ask and you shall receive.

I'm glad the whole team at Bintan Lagoon has made it a very unique staycation for you and your loved one. We will definitely make it more special for both of you in your next anniversary! See you soon!

Bintan Lagoon Resort

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (530)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Finnish first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
Singapore, Singapore
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 5, 2013

Bintan Lagoon is one of the best resort I've ever been…

From the moment you reach its port, right at its door, you could feel the greenery, the whole stretch of beach by yourself! You can seriously feel the holiday mood instantly….

The staff is so friendly and as helpful as they can be! Very polite, and most of them speak English…and would greet you when they see you, from gardener, to the housekeepers!

You have to try their restaurant, be it a'la carte or buffet, it's one of the best, it's not exactly cheap cheap, but it's definitely value for money! The one I went is their main restaurant - Kopi'O.

The room is quite spacious, very comfortable, and provide all amenities. The TV channels are with a huge variety too.

We booked via booking.com, it's best to pay in SGD (if you are coming from Singapore), rather than their own currency. As we find its cheaper to pay in our own currency. It still depends the currency exchange rate on the date that you are traveling to Bintan.

Do be careful when you are making the booking for the ferry, there are two type - one that serve all other resorts, and one that comes directly to Bintan Lagoon. The one we booked from Singapore, is from journeyful.com, and the ferry line is called - "Mozaic Ferry Line."

The pool we went is near the beach, it's gigantic, very very good! It has different depth for all level of swimmer, and a baby-pool right next. It's not very well labelled, so do be careful when you first head down, as you can only feel the divider in water.

Will definitely be back, although its a 2D1N trip, but it has made me relax from head to toe with its ambience and hospitality!

Room Tip: We've choosen the Deluxe Queen, it's good enough for us two girls! Very comfortable and enou...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank Xquenzy
Hello "Xquenzy",

Bintan Lagoon has always been a cozy haven and we are proud to have you staying with us!

Our cuisines are specially prepared to awe your appetite. We put in a 110% or more to make sure our guests enjoy everything in the resort.

Do visit us again soon!

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 5, 2013

This is the best place to unwind, away from your workplace. The food was so nice, and the service of the crews are great. The huge place is a world class resort that you will feel you dont want to leave there anymore. Its a very good experience to stay at Bintan Lagoon Resort.

• Stayed July 2013
Hi "tophie_11",

Thank you for your awesome feedback. Visit us soon!

Jakarta
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 5, 2013

Big hotel and villas, golf course, and some other sport arena as well as recreation activities in very large property, and clean long sandy beach with water sport facilities. The building, hotel and villas, have been old, toilets were not well maintained. Staff were very friendly and helpful but meals, breakfast lunch and dinner, were just average. Ferry services from and to Singapore are scheduled 2 times in a day directly from hotel ferry terminal but the schedules were sometimes unfulfilled.

Room Tip: Best villa to stay in the one close to the beach.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Dear "RajaBambang",

Thank you for highlighting the ferry services. Allow me to take a moment here to inform you that we will soon introduce more ferry timings to cater for our guests' need.

I hope you like the spacious environment and enjoy the moment with your family. I wish to welcome you back for your next staycation again.

Singapore
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 3, 2013 via mobile

Location of the hotel is good. It was easy for us to get around. The beach was beautiful - soft white sand and clean in June. In October was dirty as it was monsoon. It is generally clean and decent. Stayed there twice. Had a link room for a family of 4. In 2009.

• Stayed June 2013
Dear "lurv2shop",

It's always a pleasure to serve returning guests. Do email us in future if you like to go sightseeing on island or try out exciting attractions, we would be glad to make this arrangement for you.

Thank you and have a great week!

Singapore
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 2, 2013

room is quite spacious and clean. the resort is also quite big and there're various segment. you can take a stroll in the evening to the beach and look at surrounding of the resort. location part, due to it is a resort thus it will be far away from shopping centre.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Chanbrothershotels.com

Hi "Uniqueology",

Our housekeeping team ensures that the rooms are clean and tidy every day. You can relax and enjoy a peaceful walk anytime. If you are keen to get souvenirs, you may visit our galleria.

Mumbai (Bombay), India
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 2, 2013

We had visited here for 2 days, on a weekend from Singapore on the Bintan island package. The property is huge and is built on an island where the only attractions are the resorts and hardly anything else.
The immigration and other formalities were completed in minimal time and the check in was efficient.
The rooms are good, the beach is clean and beautiful, also you have desolate stretches on the beach if you like some alone time.
Breakfast is complimentary and had a good spread also the lunch buffet is worth the bucks paid.
Alcohol is best taken from the duty free at Singapore ferry terminal as it is costly here.
We spent a lot of time at the pool and also did some snorkeling, which was much better than expected and worth the money paid.
Overall, it is a good place for a 2 day weekend getaway from Singapore.

Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank Mrinal S
Hi there "Mrinal S",

Bintan Lagoon Resort certainly is a good place of weekend getaway and chilling out with friends. We would be happy to give our recommendations on dining and activities. Do let us know when your next holiday to this paradise island again.

Bintan Lagoon Resort
Also consider these accommodations in or near Lagoi
Nirwana Gardens - Nirwana Resort Hotel
The Sanchaya
The Sanchaya
#1 of 5 in Lagoi
Village Resort Grand Lagoi Bintan by Far East Hospitality

Been to Bintan Lagoon Resort? Share your experiences!