The one night two days weekend golfing trip to this resort was a reasonably pleasant experience for me and two friends. The ferry docked straight into the resort's pier and within minutes of arriving at the island we were at the reception and 20 minutes later we were having our drinks on the beach. Immigration checks were a breeze and the reception staff was very friendly and efficient. Club house was a 2 minute walk from the hotel and with the booking already made on line when we arrived there our buggies were waiting for us with our golf bags already loaded. We played on the Jack Nikolaus course on both days and though the greens were not in the best condition (parts were under maintenance) the scenery and overall design was was quite alright for an enjoyable game. On the negatives, the resort, rooms and amenities were a little tired from overuse and most extras such as meals, spa, drinks and shops were overpriced for Indonesian standards and the level of quality. Quite obviously the resort is well aware of its monopoly over you once you check in. Also be careful in the sea as some nasty jellyfish is lurking around to add some pain to your stay... Still overall a good retreat for the more relaxed and fun golfer...
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Bintan Lagoon Resort an Indonesian style resort with 470 rooms, villas and suites. A tropical paradise, only 75 minutes by our own private high speed ferry from Singapore direct to the resort. The resort has its own immigration terminal and fast track service. Sitting on the magnificent Pasir Panjang Beach, overlooking the South China Sea the 1.5Km beach is tranquil and unspoilt. Bintan Lagoon Resort is a tropical haven with over 300 hectares (766 acres)and includes 2 stunning championship golf course designed by Jack Nicholas, and Ian Baker Finch. The resort provides excellent meeting, incentive and team building facilities catering to groups from 10 to 1,000 people. Whether it is a family holiday, weekend break, romantic spa indulged getaway, a golfing break, or a company event in Paradise we are waiting to assist you. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Ctrip TA, Orbitz, Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Priceline, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, Travelocity, Cheap Tickets and HotelQuickly so you can book your Bintan Lagoon Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Bintan Lagoon Hotel Lagoi
- Bintan Lagoon Resort Bintan Island/Lagoi