Looking for a short getaway, Bintan is a great choice. This hotel however is not exactly the best hotel I've been to. My first encounter with this hotel is its horrible website. I could not book a room nr could I get information about the boat that goes directly to this hotel. No big deal as the Bintan Resort Ferry is easily bookable on line, but still this is where my frustrations began.
Second is the rooms are in serious need of updating. The walls had pen marks on it, the sheets had holes in them, There was no clock in the room, and the bathroom marble really needed to be replaced. There were some small updates, but it looked ridiculous compared to the rest of the room. I paid for an oceanview wich is really a view through the trees and the loading dock of the ferry. Beach access? well yes there is a bit of beach but most of it is taken up by the ferry termainal. And 22 Singapore dollars to go to Pasir Oleh Oleh? Really? On other islands I have paid 1/3 of that for the same amount of ride time to a town. And unless you want to eat at the hotel everyday, you have to take a taxi to go anywhere else to eat. So add 44.00 to your meal since that is the only way to get off the resort.
Good Points that gave it the 3rd star are the staff. They are very friendly and welecoming and eager to help. My husband was looking to go fishing and the staff helped get him I touch with someone to take him out. He had a fabulous time and made some new friends.
The pool is huge and nice as well. seems there are plenty of places to lounge or I was just there during a non busy time.
All in all it was a nice vacation, but I would not book this resort again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Bintan Lagoon Resort an Indonesian style resort with 470 rooms, villas and suites. A tropical paradise, only 75 minutes by our own private high speed ferry from Singapore direct to the resort. The resort has its own immigration terminal and fast track service. Sitting on the magnificent Pasir Panjang Beach, overlooking the South China Sea the 1.5Km beach is tranquil and unspoilt. Bintan Lagoon Resort is a tropical haven with over 300 hectares (766 acres)and includes 2 stunning championship golf course designed by Jack Nicholas, and Ian Baker Finch. The resort provides excellent meeting, incentive and team building facilities catering to groups from 10 to 1,000 people. Whether it is a family holiday, weekend break, romantic spa indulged getaway, a golfing break, or a company event in Paradise we are waiting to assist you. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotwire, Hotels.com, Expedia, Travelocity, TripOnline SA and HotelQuickly so you can book your Bintan Lagoon Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Bintan Lagoon Hotel Lagoi
- Bintan Lagoon Resort Bintan Island/Lagoi