Bintan Lagoon Resort
$109
Agoda.com
TripAdvisor
2,806 results
All reviewsbintan lagoondirect ferryriceterrace barangsoka villaleisure centregolf coursesea facing roomindian chefdriving rangebeautiful resortnice beachshort getawaybeach sidewater sportswelcome drinkbanana boat
FilterAll languages
Reviewed April 14, 2013

I was at Bintan Lagoon resort for a 2D1N stay, and though it was a short trip, I experienced the most remarkable service I could ever get. The hotel staff were really friendly, the facilities were pretty much sufficient, and it is really near the beach! What really stood out was their service. I had carelessly left my wallet in the hotel room the day I was about to head back to Singapore. I was already at the ferry terminal when I realize my wallet wasn't with me. I gave the resort a call and was told that I would be informed should they find my wallet. While I thought I would need to head back to the resort and miss my ferry, the PR from the resort, Mr Joni Palentinus travelled personally to the ferry terminal to hand the wallet over to me. I was very touched by the extra mile he has taken and will definitely recommend this hotel to anyone who wants a holiday at Bintan.

1  Thank fluffiesheep
Reviewed April 14, 2013 via mobile

My friends and I got the Angsoka Villa for our weekend short getaway from Singapore. The villa exceeds our expectations. It was fully equipped with utensils and it makes our preparations for BBQ really hassle free.

The downside of the villa was the wifi connection. Asking guests to pay $19.95 for 1 day wifi usage with poor connectivity is a daylight robbery. However, I will commend on the service recovery cause they waived this fee for us.

One suggestion though is the management should provide a buggy suitable for the number of people staying in the villa. There were 7 of us but we only got a 4 seater buggy. This makes it difficult for us to explore around in 1 group.

Another feedback I would give is the rip off on groceries sold at the resort's mini mart. 1.5l soft drink bottle costed $6 and 1.5l mineral water bottle costed $2.50. This is almost 2 to 3 times more than the market value. The management may want to look into this.

Other than that, I would recommend the villa to anyone who goes to Bintan in a big group for short holidays. It has 5 bedrooms 3 bathrooms and a private pool. There are 2 living rooms and this villa is very comfortable, like your own home.

2  Thank onaradances_
Reviewed April 14, 2013

Stayed here for 2 nights and enjoyed it a lot. Resort has a lot to offer but we mostly relaxed by pool and the white sandy beach. Many different restaurants and enough to try for the 3 days we were here. Food prices are similar to Singapore but quality was good. Breakfast buffet had it all! Joni at the resort together with other staff made our stay very pleasant and it will not be the last time to drop by here!

1  Thank Llkoo
Reviewed April 11, 2013

Being from Singapore Bintan is an extension of where we live – we hop over there for almost everything – for golf, for weekend breaks, for pacifying your kids that you didn’t forget the promised holiday ( when you totally have).

I have written a lot about Bintan Lagoon so what I will post today is mostly a comparison from whats better and whats worse –

COOL:
Ferry / immigration at the doorstep : Totally cool… you can just short cut the long queues in the heat and waiting for the resort bus. This ferry takes you to the doorstep! You can actually walk out and walk to your rooms and villas ( well not quite as you have to check in first) – you actually end up saving almost an hour or more and the absolute hassel.

COOL:
The resort staff – gone are the grumpy grouchy staff. Seems like Bintan Lagoon has done a total turnaround in attitude training. Everyone ( even the reception staff – who never smiled before at this resort) is smiling and trying to be polite at the most absurd requests ( believe me I tried). And whether they accommodated your request or not they atleast showed that they will do their best to help. This is a huge change and a real welcome one.

COOL:
VILLAS: I can’t comment on the rooms, never stayed in one at this resort – however the Villas housekeeping have improved tremendously – sheets changed every day, toiletries refilled, couches vacuumed properly ( well you may ask isn’t that their job – well yes but they didn’t do it so well before). To top it the housekeeping truing to accommodate your undue requests.

COOL:
Kopi -0: This restaurant used to be earlier the most inedible and most obnoxiously priced place. I assume the entire culinary staff was retrained – the food tasted nice! Everything on the buffet was edible. Being Indian myself and having a really good cook at home we hardly try Indian food outside, but this time we were pleasantly surprised at the Indian food at this restaurant. I think they got in a new chef… at times I also saw him come to tables to take special requests from guests which is quite a nice gesture.

UNCOOL:
Miyako: the Japanese restaurant – this used to be our favorite place before, but just as the other part of the resort improved, this one has seriously gone down the hill. We were told they improved but all they have done has changed the menu hiking up the prices . the tepenyaki was not fresh, the Yakatori was hard and chewy, the shashimi was stale. My son wanted Udon, which was not even available.

UNCOOL:
The games center – needs serious refurbishing! It is still the same and in rundown condition as it has been for the last 5 years.

UNCOOL:
The pools close at 6PM. Comeon guys!!! People come here on a holiday!!! Give them a break…

UNCOOL:
The Towels: stained, discoloured and rough ... dont get me wrong they are not dirty - but just that they look so wornout that you wouldnt want to put urself in that given a choice.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
5  Thank Buddhakkan
Reviewed April 10, 2013

I went for a much needed break with my mum and niece (4yrs old) for a 4 days 3 nights getaway to Bintan Lagoon Resort. The whole experience as a whole was a pleasant, except for few minor points,
The Service was a great, the staff were all very friendly, helpful and did not mind going out of the way to assist you,
We got a room at the east wing, 5th floor, altho sea view deluxe room, you don't really get a fab view of the sea but its still pleasant enough with the view of the trees and some of the beach. Room was clean enough, toilet was ok too. We had to wait for more than an hour for the luggage to be delivered to our room, after 2 calls. But they kept calling back to apologise and update us on the status of the luggage. The buffet breakfast was an utter disappointment, the 3 mornings basically had the same menu except for one or 2 changes. The Rice restaurant had a nice ambience and they were willing to make adjustments to the menu, Orzo restaurant had some better food, Avoid haskell cafe, but be prepared to spend huge amount money on food if you are dining in the restaurant itself, its all in SGD and costs a bomb. The tour package prices are absurd, they cost between sgd 80-200 per adult! i'd rather stay in.
The leisure centre just ok dats all, Great beach and sand,
Hardly any shops around to shop, except for 2 mini marts and one soveniour shop and 2 polo boutiques..

Now the down side

The pools are big but lots of leaves and flowers floating around, and the worst is the jacuzzi opening is just left there uncovered when not turned on!! My poor niece cut her feet badly when swimming there on 2nd day! 2 deep cuts on her toes which she bled profusely! i had to carry her and run back to hotel, the bleeding was non stop. I called in the clinic and was asked to come down to the clinic, i scolded them saying she is a kid with cuts and unable to walk and you are asking me to walk ovr??
The nurses have difficulty understanding english and do not comprehend the urgency
finally the doc and nurse came and helped to stop the bleeding and did some dressing and medication, Thankfully my niece was able to walk with the bandage and all. When i feedback to the reception, they said they will look into the matter.. One of the ladies in the restaurants told us apparently the day before, another kid was hurt in the pool!! I wonder what the management is going to do about the pool..

Room Tip: Do not go for the West Wing, and take higher floors Parents with small kids, please keep a close eye on them in the pool, especially the main pool Grab some cup noodles and bread
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family