Spent two nights with my family in March.
We could tell the staff were making effort to be friendly, though not always natural. So a very generous one star from the lowest rating for their effort.
Like some said, everything needed to pay extra. Things that would normally be free in other resorts were chargeable here, e.g. table tennis and pool table. Food and drinks were expensive too , and the food wasn't exactly sumptuous either. Slow too - once we ordered sandwiches and burgers at the pool side Verandah restaurant, and we had to wait for a good 45-min for the meal !! They explained that it was because the kitchen was not at the restaurant... is it my problem ? Should they not have told us before we placed the order and waited for a good half-hour ?
Since we were confined to the compound, we pretty much had to pay whatever they charged. A trip to the nearest market wasn't cheap either. It would cost S$6/pax for bus ride, or S$22 one way taxi. The journey apparently would take just 15 min. Really ? S$22 for a 15 min ride in Indonesia ?
The toilet is the room was disgusting with mould in all corners. It just gave me a feeling we were in a dirty and unhygienic environment. Every time I used the toilet, I asked myself why I wanted to subject myself to this when I could have stayed in our own home comfortably. Since the toilet was so disgusting, I couldn't help but wondering how clean/dirty the room was too.
For once we actually wanted to get home earlier during a holiday by changing our ferry to an earlier timing. It was that bad. We wouldn't have done it had it not because of the unsuitable timing.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Bintan Lagoon Resort an Indonesian style resort with 470 rooms, villas and suites. A tropical paradise, only 75 minutes by our own private high speed ferry from Singapore direct to the resort. The resort has its own immigration terminal and fast track service. Sitting on the magnificent Pasir Panjang Beach, overlooking the South China Sea the 1.5Km beach is tranquil and unspoilt. Bintan Lagoon Resort is a tropical haven with over 300 hectares (766 acres)and includes 2 stunning championship golf course designed by Jack Nicholas, and Ian Baker Finch. The resort provides excellent meeting, incentive and team building facilities catering to groups from 10 to 1,000 people. Whether it is a family holiday, weekend break, romantic spa indulged getaway, a golfing break, or a company event in Paradise we are waiting to assist you. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Ctrip TA, Agoda, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, Hotwire, Travelocity, Cheap Tickets and HotelQuickly so you can book your Bintan Lagoon Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Bintan Lagoon Hotel Lagoi
- Bintan Lagoon Resort Bintan Island/Lagoi