This resort was very clean and filled with many activities to mention (check on line). Typical resort that charges for everything but to breathe. The staff are great and the several offerings with bars, pools, golf, etc make it a very enjoyable stay.
Probably the biggest pitfall of the resort is the ridiculous expensive prices for drinks and an inability to provide drinkable coffee. Beer is S$7:50 a drink and wine is S$120+ for a bottle that costs $12 in Australia (Aussie readers - that's for Jacobs Creek!!!). As a group of 8 people we told the staff if they only made 200-300% mark up we would have drunk 20 bottles easily in 5 nights: instead we drank none.
The ultimate reason for visiting this place is for some of the best golf courses you will ever play - utterly brilliant.
I agree with other 'feed-backers' forget the ocean view garbage. there are no ocean views. Possible 'glimpses' but no views. you do get pool views on the ocean side though (from room 4050 East wing).
There is now a direct ferry to the resort from Singapore but the town ferry is also not a big deal.
Be careful when leaving your room - the doors do not close automatically.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Bintan Lagoon Resort an Indonesian style resort with 470 rooms, villas and suites. A tropical paradise, only 75 minutes by our own private high speed ferry from Singapore direct to the resort. The resort has its own immigration terminal and fast track service. Sitting on the magnificent Pasir Panjang Beach, overlooking the South China Sea the 1.5Km beach is tranquil and unspoilt. Bintan Lagoon Resort is a tropical haven with over 300 hectares (766 acres)and includes 2 stunning championship golf course designed by Jack Nicholas, and Ian Baker Finch. The resort provides excellent meeting, incentive and team building facilities catering to groups from 10 to 1,000 people. Whether it is a family holiday, weekend break, romantic spa indulged getaway, a golfing break, or a company event in Paradise we are waiting to assist you. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Ctrip TA, Agoda, Booking.com, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets and HotelQuickly so you can book your Bintan Lagoon Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Bintan Lagoon Hotel Lagoi
- Bintan Lagoon Resort Bintan Island/Lagoi