This was one of the most horrible hotels I have stayed at in a long time. We arrived by boat, after the boat was changed due to bad weather (namely the boat not operating or broken). The hotel or boat company never informed us of the 20kgs allowance and then on arrival a $25USD visa application. We didn't mind about the cost, it was more the inconvenience. Then one of the staff at the Bintan Lagoon Resort offered us a quick check in visa for addional 4SGD. This was okay. He took $50AUD and $30SGD and never gave back our change. This turned out to be a fiasco, which was resolved 1 hr before we left by the hotel manager who was not equipped to assist us. He had no idea how to resolve an issues in the hotel.
When we arrived the room was horrible. No bed side lamps working, doors broken, stuffy and damp. Only one plug works for overseas computer.
We were then upgraded to a better room, however, by then we had decided to cut short our 9 day stay to less than 24hrs. This place is horrible, run down, damp, the food was terrible, I can't imagine why anyone would stay there. Apart from what looks to be a nice golf course.
The staff don't do any work. They are always on a computer or busy shuffling you from one person to another, so they don't have to do any work. The only person that really helped was a car driver, who actually wanted to help us.
The bus is unreliable and we were back on the boat, happy to be back in Singapore, on Christmas Day.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Bintan Lagoon Resort an Indonesian style resort with 470 rooms, villas and suites. A tropical paradise, only 75 minutes by our own private high speed ferry from Singapore direct to the resort. The resort has its own immigration terminal and fast track service. Sitting on the magnificent Pasir Panjang Beach, overlooking the South China Sea the 1.5Km beach is tranquil and unspoilt. Bintan Lagoon Resort is a tropical haven with over 300 hectares (766 acres)and includes 2 stunning championship golf course designed by Jack Nicholas, and Ian Baker Finch. The resort provides excellent meeting, incentive and team building facilities catering to groups from 10 to 1,000 people. Whether it is a family holiday, weekend break, romantic spa indulged getaway, a golfing break, or a company event in Paradise we are waiting to assist you. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Ctrip TA, Priceline, Orbitz, Booking.com, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, Travelocity, Hotwire and HotelQuickly so you can book your Bintan Lagoon Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Bintan Lagoon Hotel Lagoi
- Bintan Lagoon Resort Bintan Island/Lagoi