We stayed at the 3 bedroom villa with 1 other couple. The villa is far from luxury and is 2.5 - 3 stars at best. From the moment you walk in you are overwhelmed by the smell of mould which is in fact everywhere. Our friends sleeping in the smaller queen room complained they could constantly smell faeces in their bathroom. Furnishings are dated and the kitchen and bathrooms are old and basic and the place is generally very run down (as per my posted photos). Security needs improvement as even if you lock the sliding doors (both the front doors and the back doors) they slide open at either end anyway. Our pillows in the master bedroom stunk of unwashed hair. We asked for new pillow covers but they still smelled unwashed. Our sheets and quilt had yellow stains on them as well as mould. The TV had bad reception and most channels were fuzzy. The wi-fi was frustratingly slow. Front desk service was poor, we had asked to change our ferry booking time for Singapore which should have been a simple thing to do but instead turned into a 6hr ordeal with us having to constantly chase up for updates and ultimately threaten with a complaint to the general manager to get sorted.
The only thing good about the villa itself is the private pool which is a good size and has water views. Good cheap massage is a short buggy ride away and you do get a buggy to use for free (essential for getting around the resort complex). Food at the resort restaurants we tried were better than expected. Mini zoo was interesting and watching the sunset at Calypso Bar was a highlight. However, for a villa that's meant to be 5 stars and the most luxurious in the Nirwana resort complex we were extremely disappointed. It's definitely not worth the S$800/night we paid let alone the S$1500/night rack rate. I would not recommend it to anyone who is after a 'luxurious' or mould-free experience.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Comprising of 14 exclusive and beautiful pool villas, Indra Maya Pool Villas is exemplary of its name - exuding dream-like quality and extravagant beauty. Facing the South China Sea and overlooking the north-western coast of Bintan, the dazzling views are yours to relish in the luxurious comforts of your opulent suite or courtyard. Each villa is an exquisite fusion of exotic Indonesian, Thai and Chinese architectural elements. Step into the living room and the stunning view of the ocean will take your breath away. Elegantly furnished, each villa boasts of private pool, spacious living area and courtyard. *Indra Maya Pool Villa guests have access to all facilities and restaurants within Nirwana Gardens ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotwire, Expedia, Hotels.com, Agoda, Travelocity, Fastbooking, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Cheap Tickets and HotelQuickly so you can book your Nirwana Gardens - Indra Maya Pool Villas reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Nirwana Gardens - Indra Maya Villas Hotel Lagoi
- Nirwana Gardens - Indra Maya Pool Villas Bintan Island/Lagoi