Tripadvisor
Varca
4,447 results
All reviews golf course chef paul ramada caravela island bar floor manager swimming pool deluxe room special thanks special mention took great care f b housekeeping staff duty manager beautiful property lunch and dinner breakfast spread his team
Selected filters
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Huge and beautiful place full of mismanagement and a very bad front desk operations. Please read before booking, Even after leaving my contact details at the front office to get a call from hotel management has not been addressed since 3 days as of writing this review. I was told by the front desk Manager that the property manager is busy and they do not share any details of his / her email id / phone number for any escalation or complaints . I was told to expect a call back which never ever came back .

Please read carefully and weight your money and experience .

PROS:
Beautiful property
Awesome and private beach
Great food in the sunset beach
Good staff and very co operative and great house keeping staff.

CONS:
- Poor and absolutely non functional WIFI around the property.
- VERY poor phone reception even in rooms and around the property
- Rooms are relatively small at the amount of the money they are charging.
- No reception even in the dining area.
- Front desk gives very high priority to events and has very poor crowd management at the reception it looks very bad when you enter the hotel for check in.
- VERY poor check in experience and you are lost in the chaos around the place.
- Despite all attempts to reach the property manager and some manager for addressing the concerns were stopped at the front desk saying the Manager is busy and not reachable.
- No pick and drop facility from Hotel and everything is chargeable when the other 5 star properties are giving that complimentary or as part of the deal.

My serious advise if you are travelling in family choose wisely , as this hotel property gives more focus on the big groups and events . There are better and absolutely amazing hotels like The Lalit just 30 mins away which are Bliss and would make your stay great with 4 times bigger rooms and better facilities then Caravela offers.

Overall I had a pathetic experience and when there is no one to hear your grievance citing a busy manager in not accepted.

Its best to spend money in other places then at this resort , I am never ever going to be there and neither would recommend anyone to stay .

• Trip type: Traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
1  Thank SachinR8
SouravPanchanan, EAM at Caravela Beach Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Dear Sachin,

Thank you for taking the time to talk to me yesterday. Feedback both positive and negative is essential for us to achieve the high standards we aim for.

I have sincerely taken the facts you have shared on board and will review along with the concerned team. I sincerely apologise once again for the inconvenience you had encountered.

On behalf of our entire team at Caravela we thank you for your support and I hope we can welcome you back in the near future. I have shared my direct number with you for anything in the meantime.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Thank you Caravela team for making my day so special, special thanks to Samarth, Divya, Cony, Teresa and Diksha for your help. I will definetly recommend this resort to my friends and family. Dinner at the Beach Shack restaurant was awesome, will definitely come back soon.

Trip type: Traveled as a couple
1  Thank Jannet-Rachel

Dear Jannet-Rachel,

It's always great to have comments on how we are doing, especially when the feedback is as positive as yours.
I'm delighted that you were well looked after throughout your stay and will certainly pass your kind comments on to the team.

Please do call us on 0832 669 5000 for next time! We'll ensure you have another great stay with us.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Stayed in January 2030, having never been before. The hotel was very quiet which I liked. Everything was good with easy access to the beach and the many beach cafes. The only issue I had was getting the Wi-Fi to work at times and it was slow.

• Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
1  Thank Yorkie83

Dear Yorkie83,

Thank you very much for reviewing Caravela. I am pleased to hear your appreciation of our resort!

I am sorry to hear that you experienced some difficulty with regards to the wifi and understand this can be an improvement area.

I hope we have the pleasure of welcoming you back soon!

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Can’t fault this place. Stunning resort and grounds next to Varca Beach beautifully and thoughtfully designed . The staff were unbelievably fabulous, always smiling, helpful and went out of their way to accommodate us especially Cony, Poonam, Samarth, Joseph,Theresa and Lali.
The food served in the main restaurants was absolutely first class, varied and plentiful. chef Birendra was always happy to make or special requests a amazing affair.
The room we stayed in was very spacious, immaculately clean and probably the most comfortable bed I’ve ever slept in.
This is the kind of place where you can immerse yourself in one of the many activities on offer, or find a quiet spot to yourself and enjoy solitude. A place I will undoubtedly return to.

Trip type: Traveled as a couple
2  Thank Cathy-Bakermans

Dear Cathy,

Thank you very much for sharing your experience with the TripAdvisor community, we always appreciate it.

I am delighted to see that you enjoyed your time with us and hope you will choose Caravela again when in Goa.
We look forward to your return!

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Amazing stay...lovely place to come with kids.. very clean beach and play areas. Lovely food and warm hospitality. Good for those not looking to travel out. Our housekeeper Mr Anuj was amazing... they cleaned rooms to the perfection. Resort has alot to do including Golf... best stay for South Goa.. peaceful and serene...

Trip type: Traveled with family

Dear Madhur,

Thank you for your review of Caravela. We appreciate you choosing us and delighted to read that we have been successful in providing you with a relaxing stay experience.

We appreciate your business and look forward to welcome you again very soon.