I stayed for 3 nights and 4 days to spend by 5th Anniversary!
Its an eye pleasing property, where ever inside the territory you roam and loiter. Fantastic Beach Shack with Bar and Restaurant. Very calm and serene. I just enjoyed the pool throughly. Goa's largest and most deepest swimming pool. The pool is very beautiful, but let me inform "Non-swimmers Beware"! Good Golf Course, small but can be maintained more.. Marvellous Lobby, warm and pleasing reception, help desk, travel desk and duty manager. I stayed in Superior Room followed by a cozy balcony to relax and enjoy the garden. Rooms are excellent in decor. Daily housekeeping services needs to be improved. Inadequate service of daily drinking water,in respect to a coastal climate. Atleast 2 litres per day per room.
Live musical performance are very monotonous by the pool. it can be improved. I have not seen the Casino and the Night Club (so no idea). No one even invited for the same.
No the hard facts to share. For a first time traveler, let me tell you the resort is in a south Goa village. More than 60 kms from the noisy and happening north GOA. But thanks to the Ramada Caravela Team for good airport pick up and drop. Private cars to north goa city tour are very expensive. Rs.3000/- onwards/ 6 hours.
"Food is not at all as per 5 star standard". I have worked for many good 5 star brands in India in HR Department. Let me mention, the menu plan and the choice of breakfast spreads are not al all INDIAN friendly. You will get choices, but the preparations are very poor. Room Dining and Indian Restaurant are with handful of Indian Items. Not up to the mark. Its a traveler's advise that The GM should focus in the culinary department. Also the food are highly priced.
No special hospitality shown to an anniversary couple from the hotel. The entire team is busy handling guests only. Though the booking was generated mentioning the fact that we are going for our 5th Anniversary.
All the best to the entire Team to Ramada Caravela Beach Resort!
Few helpful and excellent team members out there: Elvin - Reservations, Bimal - Pool Attendant, Mahesh - Restaurant.
Overall it was a nice experience. Thanks to all
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Goa’s first international beach resorts, The Caravela Beach Resort is located in South Goa on the serene, pristine white sands of Varca Beach overlooking the beautiful Arabian Sea. This luxurious 5-star deluxe resort sprawls across 24 acres of lush green landscape and offers 199 rooms - each with its own balcony overlooking either the ocean or manicured gardens and the swimming pool. The Suites and Villas are airy and lavish, and radiate a contemporary, elegant decor. The Presidential Villa is an exercise in extravagance, splendor and grandeur. It features a stunning space with a grand living room, two bedrooms and a private balcony overlooking the ocean, while the master bedroom features an outdoor rain shower and Jacuzzi. One can discern a strong presence of the old Goan architecture with Portuguese influences in the large open Atrium lobby, with its high arches and beams. The wide range of indoor, outdoor and beachfront restaurants and bars entice the guests with their distinctive culinary delicacies and exotic cocktails. The hotel has one of Goa’s largest free-form swimming pools, direct access to the soft white sand beach, its own 9 hole Par 3 golf course, an Ayurveda spa, a scenic jogging track and ocean front beach lawns, all of which make The Caravela Beach Resort a perfect destination for families and couples, and those seeking relaxation amidst the perfect Goan surroundings. With Goa’s ever-increasing popularity as a fun destination, conference and wedding venue, the resort promises to create some unique and memorable experiences. The poolside facing the inviting lush green lawns overlooking the scenic white sand beach and the elegant pillar-less banquet rooms offer an unmatched choice of locations. Besides, the flawless service and delectable cuisine at The Caravela Beach creates those perfect magical moments for a dream destination in Goa. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Hotels.com, Expedia, Priceline, Booking.com, Agoda, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, Travelocity, Hotwire and HotelQuickly so you can book your Caravela Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Ramada Caravela Beach Hotel Varca
- Ramada Salcette
- Salcette Ramada
- Ramada Caravela Beach Resort
- Caravela Beach Resort Goa/Varca