“Horrible Restaurant”

Ranked #2 of 19 Hotels in Palakkad
Coimbatore, India
“Horrible Restaurant”
Reviewed December 20, 2012

I visited the restaurant at sayoojyam residency last week for dinner and had a terrible experience. The food served was very ordinary; the hot and sour coup was just ok, the fish biriyani that was served after that was the worst i have had in a long time. The fish was not fresh and the biriyani had more oil than rice. Dissappointed, I ordered a tea and went to wash my hands only to find,on returning, that my table has been taken by a family. I asked the waiter what to do and he coolly told me that i can take my tea and go to the sofa at the reception. I paid my bill immediately and left. Such levels of incompetency in what is claimed to be a standard hotel is appalling. I told the captain there that I would never return and thats my advice to others too.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled solo
1 Thank bharathjayaraman
sayoojyamresidency, F & B Manager at Sayoojyam Residency, responded to this review, July 28, 2013
Hey Bharath Jayaraman,

I just wanted to drop you a line to say I'm sorry about those kind of problem in our restaurant. I was out of line. You were absolutely right to get angry with me when I did that. now we can change everything like Menus, Service, Atmosphere and so now we will give cent % guarantee for FOOD & your DINING

Again, I'm sorry!

Yours,
Dabuti.V
GRE

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
Bengaluru, India
Reviewed December 5, 2012

We have visited Palakkad with a group of 40 Engineering Students and 3 Staff members, came from Mumbai on February 2012. We have arrived Palakkad by midnight at 1 AM from Ooty by Coach and our Check-In was very fast and the hotel management was really friendly and co-operative for any individual purpose during our stay. We stayed there for 1 Night 2 Days.All the rooms were comfortable as our team stayed there on 3 sharing basis per room. The food was really good and tasty as the most of their staff members including chef are from North East India and we hadn't any issue for communication in English as all were very good in English includes Receptionist.

They have offered us buffet Veg food and it was in their main restaurant and the group have enjoyed a lot. Few students wanted juices only for Breakfast and lunch as we have stayed there on Shivrathri Day and it was a special day for all. So few students liked to go for fasting and they got whatever they required. It is a very good hotel. The hotel is a 3 star property, but it doesn't have swimming pool. But we can enjoy Spa facility over there.

We couldn't enjoy more in that hotel as we were enjoying at many tourist spots in Palakkad many times. Anyway I can recommend this best hotel to any one. We will revisit here during our next Kerala trip.

Room Tip: All the Rooms are very good.
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled with friends
No1HotelSayoojyam, Guest Relations Manager at Sayoojyam Residency, responded to this review, August 8, 2013
Dear Happy valley tour,

Thank you very much for your comments to TripAdvisior for Sayoojyam Residency.
It was truly a pleasure to serve you.

I hope that the accommodations and service were to your liking, as complete satisfaction is our goal at Heartfelt Hotel.

We would love to have the pleasure of seeing you as a regular guest.
Regards Sayoojyam Residency ,
Chennai (Madras), India
Reviewed November 10, 2012

i was taken to that hotel by a auto driver, initially itself i found that the reception people was sooo rude to me.in hospitality industry we dont expect that, the attitude was such a way that u wish u stay, otherwise get-lost. thn i said i wanted to see the room, though the rooms were clean , it was not spacious for the amount they charge me, The hospility was zero.though with lot of hesitation, i tried staying there, it was a poor service they provided,

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank suresh00007
sayoojyamresidency, General Manager at Sayoojyam Residency, responded to this review, July 28, 2013
Dear Sir,
I am really sorry for creating the situation which I know I should have handled better. I admit that I was in the wrong and can only say how sorry I am. I can promise you that this will never happen again and hope that you will give me the opportunity to prove this to you. now we are update everything like Rooms, F&B Service, Kitchen, Menu and all, giving training programs for our staffs to improve our service to better so again we will not make like this mistake in future and hope that you will be able to give me another chance.
Regards
Vinoth Kumar.S.R
GM Sayoojyam Residency
Palakkad
Bangalore
Reviewed July 12, 2012

We had difficulty finding the hotel but once inside we were happy with the place. The staff were helpful and the rooms (executive deluxe dbl room) was the one which we preferred to the a/c deluxe. Food served was good though the room service was not very prompt and also the order placed was not noted down correctly. Overall a pleasant stay.

Room Tip: Executive dbl room was good, suites are overpriced.
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
sayoojyamresidency, Guest Relations Manager at Sayoojyam Residency, responded to this review, August 8, 2013
Dear Happy valley tour,
Thank you for choosing Sayoojyam Residency for your stayed on 12 th July 2013 in Palakkad city. We have read your comments about our hotel and we greatly appreciate that you took the time to write them, as our guests’ satisfaction is our main priority
Bangalore, Karnataka, India
Reviewed April 26, 2012

Memorable stay…..
Nice and well maintained rooms and Restaurant with very pleasant staffs …… also good location...Has made use of the minimum place to maximum comforts.. and all rooms are bright, , well Ventilated with stunning AC's. Nice standards for a place like Palakkad....No regrets of not having Bar reason being... once in while at lest you will have some good times lunch or dinner with your family...Being a native of Bangalore and having spent my childhood days at Kerala, I loved the Dishes served here which cherished my old memories...I thank the Proprietor for having taking the pain and arranging a good trip for a darshan at Guruvayur Temple..!!
So please do try this place...it’s really good….. SO TRY MADI NODI..!!!!!!

Room Tip: Bright and well Ventilated rooms
  • Stayed December 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank Eneee
No1HotelSayoojyam, Front Office Manager at Sayoojyam Residency, responded to this review, August 6, 2013
dear Antony,
Thank you very much for your lovely comments to Tripadvisor for sayoojyam residency
It was truly a pleasure to serve you.

We would love to have the pleasure of seeing you as a regular guest.

With Regards,
Front Office Manager
Bengaluru, India
Reviewed November 7, 2011

Very convenient location,Nice restaurant.Rooms are ok.Ambiance seen at lobby not there in the rooms.But considering palakkad standards,this Hotel seems fine.There is no Bar.Restaurant serves good food.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled with family
2 Thank Sunil-Gajan
Dear SUNPEP
Thanks to give valuable comments in tripadvisor, and we keep same & improve our service.
once again thanks a lot for ur review,

by
Vinoth Kumar.S.R
GM Sayoojyam Residency
Palakkad
bangalore
Reviewed July 14, 2010

We stayed here for a night while attending a wedding in the city. Found the rooms and toilets to be clean. Basic but good. Good for short stay.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled with family
1 Thank apukash
No1HotelSayoojyam, Front Office Manager at Sayoojyam Residency, responded to this review, September 7, 2013
Dear Mr. Apakush,

Thank for sharing valuable comments on tripadvisior. .we appreciate your comments ..
It was a pleasure for us if you were for few more days in our hotel. We will follow your suggestion . We look forward to welcoming you back in the very near future.
Regads,