“Wonderful stay at a wonderful hotel”

The Library Hotel Wellness Retreat
Ranked #1 of 6 Kalavasos B&B and Inns
Reviewed July 18, 2013

First of all I would like to thank Lydia for making us feel so special. So polite and willing to please us in every aspect of our stay!!! This type of service can only be found in 5 star hotels and not so often in Cyprus. Well done!

We just came back from a beautiful 2 nights stay, at this small but well furnished retreat which is only 15 minutes away from the hectic city of Limassol. We were placed at Kavafis room which was a true gem with a veranda facing the church. The overall decor was nothing similar to the usual hotels in Cyprus and you could tell the that owners paid attention to detail and wanted their guests to have the experience of a boutique hotel.

The place is unique for relaxation, meaning of course that you can relax at their library lounge and read from their wide range of books. There is the breakfast area where you could also eat your lunch and dinner (Mitos Restaurant) and a sitting area around the small pool at an upper floor where you can relax and drink your coffee.

Breakfast was served at the veranda with a normal variety of cheese, halloumi, ham, jams, honey, croissants plain and chocolate, eggs etc. Lydia took it even further and she brought us a local honey she had just bought for herself from the kafenion of the village to try it out! Felt like home!

I have to say that the food was excquisit with very reasonable prices, considering that there were only few places to eat at Kalavasos village, the hotel managed to keep us there for dinner and even once for lunch. Prices for a sandwich just around EUR5, salads at 6-7EUR, mains from 8 to 10EUR. You can see from the pictures that the food was plenty as well and I had difficulties finishing my plate. A good variety on wine, drinks in general. Well the place had everything you may need so why leave?

I highly recommend this for couples who wish to relax and have a romantic getaway and will definitely go back.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Eva14lia

Reviewed July 3, 2013

The staff was very friendly and willing to help. Very clean suites. The quality of the hotel represents the value.the rooms are classic but have modern touches.the location is great because near the hotel there is a parking place. I stayed at the kavafis room. i would love to visit it again for sure it was a great experience for me and my partner. We were both happy and calm after our stay at the hotel

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 23, 2013

This is one of the most relaxing and welcoming hotel stays we have ever had. It was our last stay of our 14-day fly-drive holiday and we certainly left the best to last. We were made very welcome and shown to our suite which was very elegantly presented and very well equipped. The bed was very comfortable and a much-appreciated added touch was the air-conditioning being on when we returned from our first evening meal in the village (the restaurant was closed the night we arrived). Breakfast was a real treat - excellent presentation of quality fare and plenty of choice - and the food just kept coming without hesitation. The courtyard was an excellent venue and we had the choice of the awning blinds being opened or closed; clearly our comfort was paramount. Everything possible was done to make our stay comfortable and relaxing. The Turkish steam bath experience was very enjoyable and the whole process was clearly explained. The food in restaurant was excellent - our only complaint was that the portions were too big! - and good value for money. The standard of service was excellent. We will definitely be back and are already counting the days. Andrew & Jill B

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Andrew B
Reviewed May 19, 2013

If you are looking for a complete relaxation, reading books and have quiet environment around you - this is suitable hotel for you! Each suite of the hotel has the name of a famous person. Comfortable bed,great design own jacuzzi in every room and a wonderful veranda outside the rooms!
Breakfast is normal. Very helpful staff.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 13, 2013

We stayed at the Library Hotel for just one night, as a short Easter brake from our hectic life in the city. The hotel offers a splendid environment - best of both worlds - tradition and luxury! The beautifully appointed and spotlessly cleaned suites are named after famous writers and poets. We stayed at the Kafavis room which was absolutely fantastic! The owners are utterly kind, professional and friendly. The food is divine. We recommend the Athenean chicken! We were also offered a complimentary mud spa therapy for both myself and my partner. We had a great stay and we shall definitely come here again and again!

Room Tip: All the suites are beautiful and have a character of their own. The Kavafis room has a balcony with...
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Rigaina
Reviewed April 12, 2013

The Library Hotel is situated in the small village of Kalavasos. It is a small, very cosy hotel and is great for couples who want to just get away from it all and spend quality time together, reading and relaxing. The staff are very friendly and will do their best to assist you. The rooms (suites) are named after various poets and each have a character of their own. I wouldn't advise this hotel if you have children as it is an 'escape retreat' and there isn't anything for children to do. On the whole it is a nice break away for those who really need a break!

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Marianna M
Reviewed February 6, 2013

It is clear that in a state of crisis owners want to get as much as they can from their business! This review may surprise you, but it is based on a non-stay experience! I had an anniversary and wanted to stay in this hotel, booked a night, and 2 weeks before my supposed stay I received a phone call to advise me that the hotel will close down for the winter... And I had to go elsewhere. When I was initially booking the stay, again... I was advised that the restaurant is closed, I asked why? Owner's decision they said... this surprised me as well...

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Orchid24
Also consider these accommodations in or near Kalavasos
Amathus Beach Hotel Limassol
0 mi away
No photo provided
Andri's House
#5 of 6 in Kalavasos

Been to The Library Hotel Wellness Retreat? Share your experiences!