We stayed in a apartment this hotel on June 10 and find that there is alsolutely no electricity in the room. Actually we phoned the hotel at 9 p.m. that evening just to inform them of our late check-in around mid-night. The receptioin did not mention to us even she knew there will be a cut in the electricity that night. When we checked in to know such fact, we have no other choice but to stay in that hotel. The staff told us that it was due to some maintenance tasks of their own hotel. We asked for torches or candles but the staff could not help with quite unkeen altitude. We did our cleaning in dark and slept.
The next morning, we went to the front counter to lodge a complaint and request for compansation. After some negotiation, the humble lady assistant manager understood the problem and agreed to waive the full room charge. When we are going to leave, she went back to take a phone call and told us that the Manager was very angry and demand us to pay the full room charge. Thus we requested to talk to the Manager directly.
We were told to wait to 3 minutes but the Manager did not until 15 minutes later. It was then the most terrible matters happened. The rude middle aged female Manger told us that as we had slept that night and use their water and sheets, we have to pay full room charge. She even lied to us that they did not know about the electricity cut before we arrive, and that the electricity cut was not caused by the hotel. In a very unpolite manner, she demand us to pay the full room charge or else they would call the police. As we do not want to lose our time for the rest of our journey, we just paid and left the hell.
The hotel was absolutely not up to the international standard in the following areas:
1. The hoel should not offer rooms to customers should there be any maintenace which will cause electricity cut.
2. The hotel should actively inform the customers, by email or phone, as soon as possible when they know there is an electricity cut, so that customers can make alternative plan.
3. The hotel staff is not keen enough to help when the problem happened.
4. The hotel refused to provide their compansation which is already offered by their staff.
5. The unwillingness of the Manager to accept their own fault, and be responsible to it.
6. The rudeness and uncivil altitude of the Manager with alsolutely no room to negotiable (just threat to call police).
7. The obvious and unwise lies made up by the Manager to fool the customers.
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Orbitz, Expedia, Hotwire, Travelocity, Booking.com, Priceline and TripOnline SA so you can book your Aparthotel del Mar reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.