“Not impressed!”
Review of Trattoria la Prima

Trattoria la Prima
Ranked #4 of 26 Restaurants in Kaposvar
Reviewed September 30, 2018 via mobile

The restaurant is in a fantastic location in the city centre and we had a table outside in the sunshine. We had to send a drink back due to there being a bright red hair floating in it. The waiter replaced it with no problem and the lemonade was delicious. The food, however, was terrible. The meat was dry and chewy and the pizza was bland- the cheese was rubbery and the tomato sauce tasted of nothing. We were very disappointed. It could be a fantastic restaurant if only they served better food!

Date of visit: September 2018
1  Thank molnjozs
Write a reviewReviews (51)

Reviewed August 9, 2018 via mobile

Often gone by this beautiful center square in the center of Kaposvar, and always enjoyed the most beautiful surroundings and buildings. Today as I was waiting for the return of my car from the workshop, I decided to settle down at this Italian restaurant right on the square. I've ordered a special made pizza, as many times all over the world. And guys ! This pizza was without any doubt, the best pizza I've have tested, wauuu. Extremely well made, not to thick and not to thin, just perfect. I've had probably been tasting many thousands pizzas in my life, but nothing like this. The surroundings are amazing, the square Kossout Square was by the EU rewarded in 2017 for the most beautiful square center in Europe. Kaposvar is a very nice, clean city, with astonishing history, going back to 1019. Besides that, Kaposvar was the first city in Hungary to become drinking water from pipes. Go there, and enjoy.

Date of visit: August 2018
Reviewed July 14, 2018 via mobile

We were 30 people from the Swedish basketball team ”Pirates”, and we had almost all our meals here during the days of the basket cup.

Very good and well cooked food.
A lot to choose from.
Good with gluten free options.
Nice and helpful personel.
The risotto is exellent! I had five

Do not miss this resturant if you are in Kaposvar.

Date of visit: July 2018
Reviewed June 7, 2018 via mobile

We were advised by friends, and used TripAdvisor ratings, to visit this restaurant for a lunch.
However, we were quite disappointed.
Whereas the staff is friendly, they lack either experience or stamina, since most requests have to be done several times before they are executed, or in some cases we just had to walk up to waiter after 3 requests to for instance get a spoon.
The result was that the pasta was quite cold in the meantime.

I have to say I was offered a new plate.

Now to the food attractiveness.

The dessert was the best. The salad was quite bad, not really fresh and the chicken topping was dry and over cooked.
The main course for one of us was a spaghetti with oil and garlic and hot peppers.
Whereas the spaghetti was only mildly over cooked, the dressing was very hot, too hot for me (used to authentic Thai food) to finish the dish.
The main course of my partner, a steak, was well done, despite asking for medium rare. Whereas the taste of the meat was good, it was quite dry and tough. A waste.

Overall, unprofessional service, modest quality food, no better than poor overall rating.

Date of visit: June 2018
Reviewed August 22, 2017 via mobile

Me and my family go here for lunch quite often. The daily menu is as good as the a'la carte dishes. You don't have to wait too long to get your food even when the restaurant is full. The waiters are very polite and helpful. Only the drink I find too expensive.

Date of visit: August 2017