Hotel Restaurant La Palma(Bissone)(Great Value!)
$131
$124
$272
$194
TripAdvisor
All reviewslittle bitan amazing viewone nightthe ownerclean roomsfree of chargelong timeremote locationan upgradebig gardenapartmentluganolakecharmdecorswimmingpoolroad
Reviewed July 13, 2013

This hotel and its location was a highlight of our trip. The breakfast was one of the best with a wide variety of choices. The room has a goos size for two people. The bathroom was a little bit small but it didn't not bother us. The hotel is located in a beautiful setting with a breathtaking view of lake Lugano. Strolling through the narrow, small and very old streets of Communa di Rovio was a unbelievable discovery of an old time.

Room Tip: This hotel and its location was a highlight of our trip. The breakfast was one of the best with a wide variety of choices.
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank M Z
Reviewed July 10, 2013

it depends on what you expect.you have to remember your in swtzerland.for the same money you could have a five star hotel in Austria.
if you read all the negatives on websites i have to tend to agree,we encountered all sorts of hic cups.
BUT,for all the problems there were solutions which were dealt with a smile(including an upgrade of room we we asked to pay a very minimal extra.so all in all i think it must be price quality for switzerland well above average and the stunning local scenery and the province of ticino more than made up for the shortcomings of the hotel.it definatly needs a freshening up.but its clean,and thats what counts at the end of the day.

Room Tip: if you ask for economy rooms for two they are really very small,ok for a couple of nights but not for a week.
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank ronald r
Reviewed July 8, 2013

We were completely satisfied with our apartment. It was very comfortable, the kitchen equipped with everything needed, the room was nicely furnished and clean. We loved the coffee machine, providing us with tasty Italian coffee. And what we liked the most was the terrace with an amazing view on the lake. It was easy to find the place and they were very kind at the reception. We would really love to go back sometime.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Tamási D
Reviewed June 14, 2013

The problem with this place is not the service, the restaurant or the hospitality, it's the physical building itself, it's rooms, it's decor...

It is so old, even my grand mother would consider it outdated. I do understand that the prices are relatively low for Switzerland (100chf per night), however for the same price one could stay in an excellent hotel a short drive across the border in Italy, which is what I will do the next time round.

The room was extremely old, old beds, granny style bed linen, old furniture, tiny 9 inch TV and looked as if it belonged in a museum exhibiting life in the 1950's. I was happy to spend only 1 night here.

The grounds are beautiful, however, only when the sun shines. During bad weather, there is nothing to do in the garden. I asked about the swimming pool as they claim that it's heated, but the receptionist said it probably wasn't. I went to check the temperature of the water and it was very cold.

Food on the other hand was outstanding. My main course was an Osso Bucco and it was outstanding. It was the best one I have had in Switzerland. My partner's pork escalope was also superb, extremely tender, juicy and full flavoured. Service was top class too as was the dining room and the set up. Breakfast the following morning was also superb offering a wide range of breads, cheeses, cold cuts and eggs. Only let down was the sub standard coffee. Cappucinos cost extra, unlike the hotel we stayed at the previous night in Varese.

Would I return? Not until they refurbish their hotel.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 12, 2013

I stayed here whilst working in the local area & only planned one night but such was my satisfaction I extended one more night. Staff are really helpful & attentive, location is beautiful.
For the price I paid I didn't expect the Hilton & I refuse to criticise anything because I could have easily paid one night elsewhere for 2 nights here, in that respect I was very happy with The Park in Rovio.
One more thing, lovely breakfast, great coffee& a pleasant surprise...Roast Beef for breakfast!

Stayed: June 2013