$66
Hotel Restaurant La Palma(Bissone)(Great Value!)
$131
  • Breakfast included
Hotel Serpiano(Serpiano)
$144
$136
All reviewslittle bitan amazing viewone nightthe ownerclean roomsfree of chargelong timeremote locationan upgradebig gardenapartmentluganolakecharmdecorswimmingpoolroad
Reviewed August 23, 2012

"Authentic charm" may be the best description for this lovely little family-run hotel. We spent two non-consecutive nights here in July while on a cycling trip in Switzerland. Located at the top of a steep hill, surrounded by mountains, and overlooking a beautiful lake, the hotel has a lovely garden and pool. Its clientele is international, with no one nationality predominating, which adds to its charm. The staff is friendly, and it is clear that they and the owners take pride in their work and the establishment they run. The rooms are all different, both in size and amenities, but the two we had were both comfortable. The furnishings are old-fashioned, but perfectly in tune with the overall ambiance.
One of the nights we were there, they had a Ticinese night, which meant live music and a buffet dinner. It was like being transported back in time, with some of the older guests taking to the floor to dance a gentle twist.
For us, the main factor standing in the way of a "5" rating was the buffet dinner...If you did not get there early, the food quickly got cold ...
The breakfast buffet on the other hand was great, with lots of choice.
The guests were mixed: families (kids of all ages) and older couples (40+).

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 18, 2012

It was such a great, absolutely relaxing week at Park Hotel Rovio in July! It felt like a total escape from the noisy New York City! Such a blessing! The views are stunning, the magnificent mountains, Alps, on the left from the hotel reminded me of the homeland, Crimean peninsula. And everything else did feel like home! Its' a family owned hotel. Mr and Mrs. Sabino were super helpful and their daughter, Daniella, was making our stay even smoother wiht her positive atitude and willingness to do things effortless for us. And drinking local wine and having apricots and peaches byt the swimming pool was one of the highlights of the stay for me in the hotel.
WE atended a wedding there- it was the gorgeous location for the wedding in the park of the hotel!

Room Tip: the third floor, the rooms facing the lake- I think number 314 and 312- have the best views in the hotel!
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 6, 2012

I've ordered two standard double rooms but instead I was given two superior double rooms at the same price.

The WiFi costs 5 CHF a day but I also didn't have to pay for it :)

I expected a better breakfast, because Rovio is in the Italian part of Switzerland but I really can't complain about it, because it was really good. I also didn't have to pay for the espresso =]

I don't like soft mattresses so it was hard to get used to the bed for me.

To sum up, it was a really pleasant stay and it was the best spent 110 CHF for double room/day for a hotel in Switzerland.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 3, 2011

Not only is Park-Hotel situated high up with a great view, the staff were great! Everyone was very friendly and professional. I forgot my (sentimentally) valuable earrings in the room, and they were sent back to me withing no time! I want to thank the Park-Rovio staff for that.

As for the hotel itself, it offers a nice park and a swimming pool, which was good because I was travelling with a child. The room we had was very comfortable, only that the aircondition was not working. The breakfast was very delicious and fresh.

I would recommend this place for people who are looking for place to rest.

Zuki Dinh

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed July 26, 2011

I stayed for some days at Park Hotel Rovio with my family and we enjoied place and food very much.
The position of the hotel is excellent, nice view of the Lugano Lake and a relaxing sorrounding area including a beautiful swimming pool where my children spent a lot of time. If you want to go for shopping you can reach Lugano downtown in few minutes.The staff is very kind and professional. The Restaurant offers genuine and accurate cuisine at a good price. I will surely come back.

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled with family