Hotel Restaurant La Palma(Bissone)(Great Value!)
$131
$129
Hotels.com
$107
Savings alert! 10% below average rates

The price you found is 10% lower than this hotel's average rate of $119/night.

$274
  • Breakfast included
Hotel Serpiano(Serpiano)
$115
$109
All reviewslittle bitan amazing viewone nightthe ownerclean roomsfree of chargelong timeremote locationan upgradebig gardenapartmentluganolakecharmdecorswimmingpoolroad
Reviewed May 6, 2012

I've ordered two standard double rooms but instead I was given two superior double rooms at the same price.

The WiFi costs 5 CHF a day but I also didn't have to pay for it :)

I expected a better breakfast, because Rovio is in the Italian part of Switzerland but I really can't complain about it, because it was really good. I also didn't have to pay for the espresso =]

I don't like soft mattresses so it was hard to get used to the bed for me.

To sum up, it was a really pleasant stay and it was the best spent 110 CHF for double room/day for a hotel in Switzerland.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 3, 2011

Not only is Park-Hotel situated high up with a great view, the staff were great! Everyone was very friendly and professional. I forgot my (sentimentally) valuable earrings in the room, and they were sent back to me withing no time! I want to thank the Park-Rovio staff for that.

As for the hotel itself, it offers a nice park and a swimming pool, which was good because I was travelling with a child. The room we had was very comfortable, only that the aircondition was not working. The breakfast was very delicious and fresh.

I would recommend this place for people who are looking for place to rest.

Zuki Dinh

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed July 26, 2011

I stayed for some days at Park Hotel Rovio with my family and we enjoied place and food very much.
The position of the hotel is excellent, nice view of the Lugano Lake and a relaxing sorrounding area including a beautiful swimming pool where my children spent a lot of time. If you want to go for shopping you can reach Lugano downtown in few minutes.The staff is very kind and professional. The Restaurant offers genuine and accurate cuisine at a good price. I will surely come back.

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed July 23, 2011

We stayed in a villa very near to the Park Hotel in Rovio and had driven by and found the location, grounds and the old charm hotel quite lovely.
Not so the food. We decided to treat ourselves to a meal on our last night and we had an hour to wait for our meal. The menu choice was poor and the buffet looked uninspiring. The other diners didn't seem to be smiling and a couple just next to our table were complaining about the buffet. The kids pizzas were very basic and really not up to takeaway pizza standard. My husband and I were unimpressed with the steaks and the vegetables were soft and mushy. We didn't even bother with a dessert. We had superior meals at local grottos. A hotel like this should really be serving up some special food or at least some palatable food.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank CarolinaScot53
Reviewed September 26, 2010

Last month I spend my holidays in Lugano. I chose the "Park-Hotel Rovio" to stay in for several days. I must say that I'm very satisfied with my choice.
When I arrived in Rovio at the "Park-Hotel Rovio" I was struck by the hotel's position: an exceptional view over lake Lugano, surrounded by natural beauty on all sides, a relaxing background in the tranquillity of a retreat in the mountains.
The rooms are very comfortable and clean. I was able to sleep very well.
The cuisine was of gourmet standard. The waiters are very courteous and polite.
In general, I liked the place very much.
If I come back to Lugano, I'll stay at the "Park-Hotel Rovio" again.
I would recommend the hotel to everybody who wants to get that bit more from their holidays.

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled as a couple