“Lovely hotel by Lake Constance”
Review of Hotel Bad Horn

Hotel Bad Horn
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Horn
Elgin, Scotland
“Lovely hotel by Lake Constance”
Reviewed July 2, 2014 via mobile

Lovely location right by the lake. Staff friendly and helpful. Lovely breakfast buffet. Beautiful terrace for al fresco dining with unrivalled views. Complimentary bottle of water in the room a nice touch.

• Stayed May 2014

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
  • Greek first
Moscow, Russia
Reviewed September 8, 2013 via mobile

Feeling like on a cruise ship. We travel a lot and planned a trip to Zuerich. We decided to have breakfast on the wonderful terrasse at the waterfont The service was so kind and attentive. We enjoyed the spectacular view to the sailing boats on the Bodensee. Relaxing. The food was delicious. The spa looked so great with decide to enjoy its whirlpool on the ,ship deck, and sauna with round windows like on a real ship. In the evening we had tasty fish and a wine degustation. All service was surprising us with their attitude and being friendly. We will defintely return and look forward to meet the young and friendly staff again. From here it was not far to drive to the Appenzeller land.

Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Theina
North London/Herts
Reviewed August 5, 2013

Spent two nights here in Switzerland. The setting is just lovely - right on the lake. The staff couldn't have been more friendly and helpful and all were happy to speak English to us as our German is dire! The outdoor restaurant was relaxed and informal but with great food. The spa was just amazing. Our only gripe was that it was extremely hot when we were there and our room had no air con nor did it have a fan, but other than that I would highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed July 30, 2013

I recently took some friends I was staying with to this beautiful lakeside setting. The food was good but the service was unfriendly and disappointing. For the prices charged I would have expected top class service.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
Basel, Switzerland
Reviewed April 17, 2013

A very well appointed Hotel with great views over the lake. A short 5 min walk from Horn train station. I stayed in one of the suites for two nights. The room and bathroom was very spacious with an additional sitting area.
Both Breakfast and dinner were excellent. Staff were courteous and very helpful. The spa, gym and pool were all very well equipped and clean, the spa was especially good.

Overall I can highly recommend this hotel if you are in the area.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank m s
King City, Canada
Reviewed April 3, 2013 via mobile

I have to say their spa is one of the best I have been to . Service is excellent , treatments are the best , very friendly and helpful at all times . They offer everything and more you could possibly want .
Unfortunately the room I had was very disappointing , safe wasn't working had to be fixed after asking twice . Minibar was broken and I had to bring it to their attention after 3days . Wifi was always disconnecting after about 10 min and had to log in again . When I brought it to the attention to the manager at the end of my stay , he brushed me of kindly by telling me it was my phone that had the problem and no matter where you go something can go wrong . Never apologized or even tried to say anything for me to return . Overall he had a very stuck up attitude ! The personal was friendly at all times . Having gluten intolerance the restaurant accommodated me with gluten free bread . Breakfast was good but very limited . Having known this hotel most of my life and knowing it is well known , I was very disappointed . I will not go back to stay there . Too bad it is a fabulous location !

• Stayed March 2013
1 Thank 334astrid
Vevey, Switzerland
Reviewed December 23, 2012

The hotel is very nice. The view on the lake form the various restaurants is just great. The spa is very enjoyful. Everything is clean and the food in the restaurant is good. the staff is nice. however the single rooms have some very small beds. which is always a bit disapointing.

Room Tip: the suites are nice