We stayed three nights at the height of the summer tourist season in the Dolomites. We chose the hotel based on TripAdvisor reviews, and the fact that owners/hosts Terri and Ugo are avid bicyclists, as are we. Aurora surpassed our expectations--despite being very busy, they found time to share their knowledge of the area and the many Dolomite passes we were there to ride. We learned much about the history and culture from them as well. Both speak English (it is Terri's native language).
We found the rooms unpretentious, clean and comfortable. The food is plentiful and excellent, and the service staff is friendly as well.
The location is ideal for cyclists and hikers/climbers. There are a few places in Alba to get a beer at night, but many more in nearby Canazei.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Hotel Aurora is located in the heart of the Dolomites and is a perfect location for winter and summer sports and outdoor activities. We provide a family atmosphere with warm and friendly staff, excellent food and rooms with all necessary comforts. Small but cozy wellness with steambath and sauna. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Priceline, Booking.com and TripOnline SA so you can book your Hotel Aurora reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Albergo Aurora Alba Di Canazei
- Hotel Aurora Canazei, Italy - Alba Di Canazei