“Don't stay here!”

Adagio City Aparthotel Monte Cristo
Ranked #2 of 8 Hotels in Beausoleil
Reviewed November 25, 2013

Unhelpful staff, no cleaners in the room (no fresh towels, no extra toilet roll), my bath was dusty. There is no bed in the room, but a sofa bed which you have to assemble yourself. Monaco taxis will not come to this hotel, you have to walk one road south to the Monaco boarder to get a taxi - hotel will refuse to call them!

There is, however, a dishwasher...!

All in all, terrible (and not meant in the French translation!)

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Holly S
Sandie P, Directrice adjointe at Adagio City Aparthotel Monte Cristo, responded to this reviewResponded February 13, 2014

Dear Customer,
Thank you for your comments.
We were extremely sorry to learn that you were disappointed with the quality of our establishment, and in particular with the staff, the cleaning (if you stayed more than 3 nights the cleaning service is not included but you can have one as extra), the sofa bed (all the beds are already made at your arrival) and the taxi service (independent of the residence, we don’t refuse to call the taxi of Monaco, but they simply refuse to come and catch our guests because we are situated in the French part). Please accept our sincere apologies.
We hope to have the pleasure of seeing you again at the Adagio Monte Cristo.

Best regards

Reviewed November 1, 2013

Spent one night here, booked about 3 weeks in advance so I didn't get the best price, but still was a good combination of value and location. The studio I got was alright, but I think the plushness of it make up for some faults. Would have much preferred a double bed to a sofa bed, and although there was a fully equipped kitchen, it wouldn't have hurt to chuck in a few sachets of tea or coffee! Staff were good, not great, but were polite and helpful. Breakfast was 10euro, an offer I politely declined. All in all it was good, location was decent but there was a lot of walking involved to get around.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank Travers59
Reviewed September 30, 2013

Overall very dissatisfied. For the price of over 200 euros per night during the yacht show, this was simply terrible value and far below expectations. The shower pressure was so poor I could not use it (even if it had been useable, it was only a hand held bath attachment). same with the hair dryer. The only option was the bath, which took at least 25 minutes to fill because of the low water pressure. I really didn't have time for this on a very full and hectic business trip. There were only the most basic amenities- not even a bar of soap.on top of that, a colleague's room on the ground floor was broken into. A lot of improvements to make.

• Stayed: September 2013
Reviewed September 24, 2013

I paid for a regular double bed but received a sofa bed which is really restless. and made this reservation 10 months ago; this is not a last minute reservation. Today there is a problem with electricity and I have only lights around the bed; no AC, no light in the bathroom, no fridge, etc. I am very badly cheated and due exhibition of MYS I am not able to move but never ever at this hotel again!

Room Tip: Get a signed paper what for did you pay; otherwise you can receive a sofa instead of a bed like me!
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Seyran07
Reviewed September 20, 2013

I am five months pregnant and was due to stay at the Adagio City Aparthotel in Monaco for a weekend with my husband. Unfortunately, I became ill and my obstetrician advised me against travelling. I called the hotel in order to cancel my room 48 hours before my arrival date. I spoke to the Reception Manager who refused to give me her name and literally screamed at me during the entire call. She said that she receives calls like this every day and why should she cancel my room. I tried to explain to her that I had a medical reason and a letter from the doctor, but she kept screaming that she did not care. This Reception Manager was so angry that during the call I had to remind her that she was speaking to a customer and should stop screaming at me. She very angrily told me that she did not care and hung up on me.

I cannot believe I ever booked this awful place and will never stay at another Accor property due to the way their lack of training and the way their awful staff think they can speak to guests.

Room Tip: Never ever book this place!
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
4  Thank Anna G
Reviewed August 29, 2013

Stay away from this place. We stayed for a week and had nothing but trouble. First, our room wasn't ready despite the fact that we arrived late afternoon. The staff was very rude and refused to speak English.

They expect you to use the same towels for a week and charge you for extra ones. Breakfast is served in a funny way, when they ran out of plates and bread we were only given 1 plate and 2 slices of toast.

Finally, we got robbed on day 5!!! While we were having breakfast someone took money from the room. When we spoke to the staff they refused to call the police. They didn't even want to tell us where the police station was located. Let me mention the room was locked and the key was with us downstairs. When we spoke to other guests a young couple mentioned they have seen a man trying to open their balcony door when they came out of the shower.

We managed to change our room from the 1st floor to 4th but we will never return.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled on business
5  Thank Katanka
Reviewed August 19, 2013

I've been in Adagio City Aparthotel Monte Cristo in August 2013. The hotel itself was good. Good and clean rooms.
Unfortunately security of the hotel was not in any level. During the night I’ve been robbed by some Latin guy. First of all, I was really scared as I was a lady along in a room, secondly he’s got my laptop and expensive jewellery. Of course, it was not nice experience. However, I did not blame the hotel. But after mentioning it to the staff, would be nice to get at least a sorry for that
Stuff behaved unprofessional and unfriendly during whole the stay. Once I was late for the breakfast, and just came to ask some sugar. The lady started to shout on me in French, as I understood it was NO! When I came to reception, one of the receptionists just got a piece of bread from the buffet in front of me and started to eat it. I was really shocked by this behaviour. I do not expect the 5 stars service, but for sure neither watch staff vital activities. When I asked him to get some sugar, the answer was: “We told you from the check-in that breakfast till 10.30 am”. Was more than enough! Surprised? He can eat from the guests buffet, and I am already late for 15 min.

One of the days coming back to the room after the beach and trying to sleep, I found out couple of house keeper ladies in the corridor shouting on each other. I had to ask them twice to reduce their voices, to have chance to sleep.

In general the attitude of the waiters is arrogant and is missing the friendly touch of the French hospitality.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled solo
2  Thank AACouple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Beausoleil
Novotel Monte Carlo
Riviera Marriott Hotel La Porte de Monaco
Hotel Ambassador Monaco
Hotel Ambassador Monaco
#10 of 10 in Monte-Carlo

Been to Adagio City Aparthotel Monte Cristo? Share your experiences!