Spent a week here - it was very relaxing and we were well looked after.
* The design of the hotel is largely very impressive
* The view *out* of the hotel is better then being outside looking at the hotel
* The staff are excellent - genuinely friendly and very competent. Some standouts were:
- Angelo (restaurant) ; Paolo and Robert (bar) ; Patrick (front desk)
* Food at dinner (and part of our package) was excellent - really delicious and innovative. Each night there was a five courses plus salad and cheese, so in effect seven courses! This never became boring and was a daily treat looking forward to the dinner each night.
* Pool is great with a nifty sliding door that takes you to an outdoor section from the indoor pool
* Free cake between 3 and 5 pm - always appreciated and very popular. A nice touch after a day of outdoor ski-ing/walking/snowboarding...or whatever you choose to do whilst you're here....
* Pretty reliable wifi in main lounge area
* Good location , close to ski-lifts and local buses to other parts of the mountain(s)
* Excellent guiding with Emmanuel and his dog, Nikki - a really interesting guy and something we went on three times - some excellent snow-walks and introductions to some excellent places for lunch
* Good breakfast (eggs have the most amazing golden yellow colour to them) inc. a jucer for fresh carrot juice (unusual in my experience)
* Transfer from Innsbruck was hassle free and fair value at €220 each way - a 90 minute drive
* Flexible attitude - I became ill for the last two days of our stay and did not want to eat a formal dinner. One night they arranged for us to eat two courses at the bar and the second room service - no extra charges, no hassle - just a case of "the answer's yes, what's the question?" that seems to be the way they run this hotel.
* Checkin and check out was a bit slack - no porters on arrival and then bags left unnattended and not co-ordinated with our taxi driver (it's a pretty small hotel, so no excuses really)
* The entertainment system is lacking. It charges €8 for a movie (not that bad) but the limited choice was frustrating - here's an idea: why not have 200 movies in English, German AND Italian and then (a) make some more money and (b) give the guests more choice !!?
As it was there were about 20 movies in all languages, Russia Today (actually a very good news channel) and 15 German/Italian terrestrial TV stations. No Sky Italia, no Sky Sports (beware football fans), no BBC, no CNN etc. eg INVEST in a decent media system and you will recoup that investment as there is not a lot to do post 9pm at the hotel or the local area.
* A Wifi router in the room was requested free of charge, but it took 3 hours to download a movie off itunes (perhaps a positive in itself, but listed in cons as connected to above)
* Whilst shower was immense, it had a 1/4" gap at the bottom which leaked water all over the bathroom - a simple ergonomic oversight that should have been fixed (a rubber sealant/ shower door draft fitting would fix this)
* The safe is not bolted down, so in theory could be cut free with ease and lifted in it's entirety out of the room - this needs to be fixed.
For a winter holiday this hotel is superb, as the staff make it so enjoyable. With a few tweaks this hotel will become a lot more popular, so I would advise a trip sooner rather than later.
Would be good in the summer too and you don't necessarily have to ski either!
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Booking.com, Priceline, Hotwire and Agoda so you can book your Alpina Dolomites reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Alpina Dolomites Hotel Alpe Di Siusi
- Alpina Dolomites Alpe Di Siusi, Italy