Hotel Icaro
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
Hotel Monte Piz(Castelrotto)
View Hotel
Hotel Steger-Dellai(Alpe di Siusi)
View Hotel
Sporthotel Sonne(Alpe di Siusi)
View Hotel
Garni Kostner(Selva di Val Gardena)
Hotel Platz(Ortisei)
  • Pool
Seiser Alm Plaza(Alpe di Siusi)
View Hotel
Berghotel Zorzi(Alpe di Siusi)
  • Free Internet
All reviewscomfortable roomsheated whirlpoolchose half boardfamily runlarge balconybreathtaking viewsfantastic hotelbreakfast and dinnersummeadowsalpemountainsskiingplateaudolomitesalpinenature
FilterAll languages
Reviewed October 5, 2013

Delightful stay: a heavenly view, beautiful food, a stylish room, a great wellness centre, and lots of fresh air! Friendly efficient service too. Slightly complicated to get there and find it but well worth the effort.

Room Tip: Cheapest rooms facing south great.
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 3, 2013

My husband and I stayed in Hotel Icaro on the last 8 days of March. Email exchange with Angelica Sattler was efficient. Check-in with Anna went really smooth. We were assigned room 207 facing east, the Langkofel and Plattkofel, enjoying a different sunrise everyday because of the effects of snow or clouds or the absence of it. Can't beat the location. It's on the piste/run (chairlifts: Monte Piz and Sanon).
I wasn't feeling very well on the first day. Got the chills! Mrs. Sattler sent a portable electric heater to the room. Now, that's service!

Room:
Very clean! Bed is big enough (my husband is 1.95 meter tall). We ordered special pillows at the reception (extra service). Slept like babies every night. Shower has a large spout with "massage" functions. Bathrobe, towels and slippers for the sauna; and bathroom amenities are provided for. We only turned on the Samsung TV when we wanted background music (MTV) while dressing up... Because why would you want to watch TV if you have a million dollar view just outside your window? Bedroom is on the small"ish" side. That's why I gave it 4 points instead of 5.

Food and beverage:
There's a lot of choices during breakfast. Different kinds of bread, cheeses, cold meat cuts, eggs, cakes, croissants, fruit salad, cereals, yoghurt, fruit juices, milk, tea, coffee. You can make your own fresh orange juice, too.
Dinner is always 5 courses except during Sundays (gala evening - 6 courses). Food is amazing and the wine suggestions are spot on. Wine menu is extensive.
Tip: I love their ginger/ingwer tea after skiing!!!

Sauna and Wellness:
My husband and I got massages from Brigitte twice. It was wonderful! You should try it. And the massage bed was lovely. It gives you the illusion of lying on warm water (with ripples and waves) without getting wet.
I visited the sauna just once bacause I always fell asleep in the room after skiing. But my husband loved it and went everyday. There's a Finnish sauna, infrared cabin, biosauna, Turkish bath, hay room, relax zone with really cool hanging nests. They provide free tea, apples and water. And everything was always clean!
I didn't visit the area with whirlpool and swimming pool.

Tours:
We took the Alpe di Siusi - Val Gardena tour with Mr. Walter Sattler. My husband has a medical condition that made it almost impossible for him to finish the tour. We had to cut it short. Walter was patient with my husband, showing sympathy and understanding.
The guided winter walk with Brigitte was very enjoyable. I loved hearing stories about the witches, and about a prince who wanted to go to the moon. :-)
The Sella Ronda tour with Walter was incredibly beautiful. Being Asian, I wasn't born with skis under my feet. Having done the Sella Ronda is quite an achievement. Walter is a very good guide. I wish I could speak German better because I hated missing some things that were being said during the tour.

Thank you Roman, Magda, Retish, the small blond lady with glasses, the chef and her kitchen crew for making our dining experience very pleasant.

Thank you dark-haired lady who always made sure our room was clean and our bed made up before we came back from skiing.

Thank you Brigitte for the invigorating massages.

Thank you Sattler family for this wonderful holiday! See you again very soon.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 22, 2013

New room with smell of the tree and great view. Every morning we enjoyed fantastic sunset. Friendly and very profesional staff, nice map of local wines, I realy enjoed. Big recpect for Valter (owner) for exiting tour in Sellaronda.

Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Victor Z
Reviewed July 25, 2012

For us the hotel with the nicest panoramic view on Seiser Alm. Calm surroundings. With about 20 rooms the hotel is not too big for realising a family atmosphere taken care of by the Sattler Family and their personnel. Great diversity of guided walks on Seiser Alm and beyond, all with a special eye for the local fauna and flora by your host/ guide Walter. We also appreciated the variety of the cooking with a good balance between more traditional South Tirol dishes and more innovative ones. And small personal wishes, e.g. our preference for a stronger cooling of the white wines, were being taken care of. In short: clear contribution of the hotel (people & facilities) in making these holidays one of our best up to now!

Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 17, 2010

Beautiful location & attractive new and clean hotel & competent management sum up the highlights. Be sure to request the mountain view rooms (Langkofel) if you go. The hotel functions primarily on a Meal Plan basis and is not great at accommodating individual wishes, e.g., meal a la carte. The management pushes their standard fare and routines with considerable authority, somewhat schoolmasterly: you dare not sit on a table other than the one assigned to you, and you will sit there every day for your entire stay. Apparently that is convenient for the owners but not for world travelers; it feels like being in Kindergarten. Given that somewhat authoritarian tone, it is no surprise that the full dining room is hushed like in church; people whisper over dinner as if not to make any undue noise. Not a lively, warm, or friendly atomosphere. You better indicate your meal choices by the deadline unless you want to get a sharp reminder to do so asap. So if a tight regimen makes you comfortable - go for it. The place is unusually expensive for the area; expect all extras: a cup of coffee in the afternoon, internet access, etc to cost extra above average. In sum, despite the attractive setting, the place feels not warm or welcoming.

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled as a couple