Castello delle Serre
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
$77
Hotel La Pace(Asciano)
$83
  • Pool
  • Restaurant
Hotel Toscana Laticastelli(Rapolano Terme)
$216
Piccolo Hotel San Valentino(Asciano)(Great Value!)
$83
Castel Monastero(Castelnuovo Berardenga)
$625
$606
Hotel il Monte(Monte San Savino)(Great Value!)
$70
$68
La Locanda di Montisi(San Giovanni d'Asso)(Great Value!)
$85
$80
  • Breakfast included
No availability for your dates from our partners
Villa il Poggio(Sinalunga)
Priceline
All reviewshis sonother guestseach morningmade us feelour honeymoonthe ownerhighlight of our triptuscan countrysideglass of winegracious hostsmodern amenitiesmagical placehome baserestored castlebeautiful poolspent nightsshort drive
FilterAll languages
Reviewed January 19, 2011

I have to agree with all the positive reviews I have read here. We only stayed 2 nights and that was definitely not enough. We visited in the fall (November) but I would love to return in the summer. Good proximity to Siena as well as other destinations Tuscany has to offer.

• Stayed: November 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 7, 2011

I cannot describe our stay any better than the others, but only reiterate that Salvatore, Antonio, and Caterina made our stay magical.

Just minutes after we checked in, Salvatore heard us say that we "grabbed a quick bite at a fuel station on the way," he responded, "that is not real food...give me 20 minutes and I will make you something." He carried our bags in, went to the kitchen, and 20 minutes later, as promised, he treated us to a delicious lunch. Their hospitality and friendly nature is contageous and by the end of our stay, we not only felt like part of Salvatore's family, but developed such friendships with the other guests that we looked forward to getting together for meals every day.

Writing this review four months later, the memories of great meals, good company, and the charm and entertainment of Salvatore's stories bring a smile to my face. It was not only the highlight of our Italy trip, but the best vacation we have ever taken. The next time we travel to Europe, this will be the first place we book! Thank you Salvatore and the family for making our stay amazing!

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed December 16, 2010

Caterina, Sal and Antonio were just amazing! I could have stayed there for longer time, but we were on a very tight schedule. The castle is beautifully restored, our room was amazing, we could see the valley from our window, the bathroom has nothing to envy any bathroom of the best suites I have ever been. The room makes you feel like at home, not the hotel-type vibe, but has every amenity you may desire. The pool looks beautiful, but we couldn't use it due to the season. The castle is located on top of the town, so you can appreciate the beauty of it.
Breakfast was absolutely fabulous, all made by Caterina. She is the sweetest host I have ever had. Antonio seems to be the go to guy for anything you may need. He even volunteered to lend me his coat for our trip to Siena that evening (thank you Antonio).
Sal made his apperance during breakfast and I asked him about the history of the castle. Too bad I didn't have the many hours he needed to tell me the whole story, but at least he gave me the highlights.
In summary, an experience of a lifetime. Well worth the trip. By the way, the price is extremely reasonable for the value you get.
My advice: Go to Rome, rent a car, drive to Serre, plan to spend at least 2 nights there or more, do day trips to Siena, Florence and the Tuscan country and then go back to Rome or wherever you may want to go. There is no reason to spend the night in Florence or Siena when you have a much better "home" in the Castello.

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 22, 2010

We just returned from our 2nd visit to Castello delle Serre and I'm embarrassed to say that we didn't write a review after the first time & should have. This place is an incredible gem in the perfect location for exploring Tuscany & Umbria. It is the perfect "home base" for touring the Tuscan countryside. Over breakfast or upon returning in the afternoon, host Salvatore always has the BEST dining recommendations (plenty of options nearby) - to say that we were never disappointed is really an understatement. Our first visit was just 3 nights, 3 years ago and we simply could not wait to return. This visit we stayed 5 glorious nights & it is worth every dime! We travel quite often and are very particular about the hotels that we stay in. These accomodations are beautiful & roomy with all the modern ammenities, extremely well appointed & in the dream-like setting of a Tuscan castle. If you've stayed in European hotels before - this is not like those - the rooms are extremely clean & quite large, the bathrooms are spacious & incredibly beautiful, beds/bedding are comfy, the views are amazing...and it's topped off with TVs (English CNN) & free internet! Salvatore is a host like no other! We look forward to a visit with him as much as we do the castle & Tuscany. This visit we were honored with a delicious dinner cooked by Salvatore, a very considerate treat given it was just for the two of us. (Thank you, we so truely appreciated & enjoyed it!) If you are lucky enough to be escorted on a tour of the unfinished portions of the castle, you will have the incredible pleasure of stepping into his exquisite vision & passion that is simply contagious. It was wonderful to see how the Castello has evolved in the last 3 years and we cannot wait to visit again and see how it continues to grow. Our only regret is that during each of our visits we have missed meeting Antonio & Catarina - perhaps next time.

• Stayed: November 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 21, 2010

The Castle is one of the places in the world that you will only find thru a friend or this
website. Salsvatore and family are the most amazing hosts you could ever want to
have on your vacation. Our experience was simply a Five Star. Can't say enough
great things about this place. Once you stay here you will become a lifelong member
of their fan club. You will not be able to tell enough of your friends what a great Bed &
Breakfast this is. I highly recommend it to one and all. Make sure you get Salvatore
to fire up the pizza oven.
Yours truly,