We stayed one night at Castello delle Serre and had a lovely time. Luckily it was warm enough to use the pool which was just perfect - lounging in the sun while looking at a castle is quite the luxury!
Shelley, Salvatore, Antonio and Fabio do all that they can to make you feel at home as they are more than ready to provide hand-drawn maps to get around to other points in Tuscany or even call ahead to let restaurants know that you will be dining there that evening (we thought that was a really nice touch on Salvatore's part).
Our room (131) was nice with a large, modern bathroom and a comfortable bed. It was not the most spacious room compared to other places we stayed in the area, but it was far from small or cramped. I wished our windows had been a bit bigger to enjoy that amazing view and evening/afternoon sun! The property itself is great - you can tell that the family has poured its hearts and souls into this project and are still working to make it even better. Currently, the first floor of the actual castle is under renovation and should bring some exciting new developments to future guests once it's done.
Breakfast and aperitivo next to the pool are just great - relaxing and fun, a nice way to interact with the other guests. It's a perfect way to unwind and enjoy being in Tuscany when you aren't running around doing loads of day trips! You're just 30 minutes or so from Siena and 30 from Montepulciano.
Two "cons" I would mark would be the current parking lot (when you arrive Fabio or Salvatore are kind enough to park for you), as it is a bit tight and can be hard to maneuver (especially at night), and the lack of a restaurant (though this will soon not be the case as the next step of renovation includes plans for one!) Given the price of the hotel, we would have expected for there to be a restaurant, at least for a lazy lunch or even a dinner in - though since we stayed just one night, we were more than happy to visit a delicious agriturismo restaurant that was just 2km away.
We were happy that our stay in Tuscany included a stopover at Castello and would definitely recommend it. It's a special place that provides a great escape from life with personal and professional service. Thank you for a lovely stay and all the best with the next chapter of the Castello!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Castello delle Serre, a historical castle converted to B&B Hotel is located in the heart of Tuscany. The castle is just a short drive from all major points of interest, such as Chianti, Siena, Montalcino, Pienza, Arezzo, Cortona and Florence. The property functions as an upscale B&B, offering luxurious accommodations, all with a private bathroom, air conditioning, swimming pool, pool bar, stunning views and private parking. Breakfast is served daily and occasional dinners based on a minimum head count. We welcome you to come and experience sophisticated elegance. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com and Priceline so you can book your Castello delle Serre reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Castello Delle Serre Hotel Serre Di Rapolano
- Castello Delle Serre Serre Di Rapolano, Italy - Tuscany