“A little gem for wine lovers”

Cantina Marco Polo 6811
Ranked #1 of 2 things to do in Tessera
More attraction details
Owner description: Wine-shop with a rich selection of wine and food delicacies from Venice and from the whole Italy: many wine labels, wines on tap, pasta, sauces, sweets...
Reviewed July 23, 2013

Amazing place, amazing taste of local wines with a great variety. Would recommend to anyone in the area

Reviewed April 30, 2013

Received wonderful, informative tour of local wines. Wrapped bottles in bubble-wrap for safe travel. Thank you.

Reviewed January 27, 2013

This place is a great place to stop in Tessera, Italy and very close to the airport. The shop has a wonderful variety of local and imported wines and a small grocery store where you can get some cheese and dry pasta among assorted other items to take with you. The hostess's that were in the shop, which I believe one was the owner, were absolutely fantastic! I speak some Italian and they graciously spoke with me in Italian the entire time I was there even though our communication would have been quicker in english and took pictures with my colleague and I. I sampled many of their wines and they have something for everyone who enjoys a good wine and the prices are very, very reasonable for the local wine, which should not me missed! An interesting thing about this place is that you can bring in any bottle and they will fill it with any wine you like, or they have bottles to purchase and fill if you need one. By far my favorite was the Pinot Nero. Don't miss this place, it's lovely!!

Reviewed August 21, 2012

After traipsing around Venice and Padua, we decided to stop in at Silvia Calce's shop next to the Venice airport Courtyard Marriott where we were staying. Lo and behold, we find a treasure trove of wines and liqueurs at the best prices we have seen over the last 4 days in the venetia region. The store owner, Silvia Calce, was a pleasant and informative hostess that made it easy to sample and select some liquid goodies to bring back to the US! Pleasurable experience and I can't wait to share the wine with friends back home.

1  Thank Stephen K