The Titian Inn Hotel was a nice experience after staying at several Italian bed and breakfasts for two weeks. The hotel was more "American" than other places we stayed in Italy. We stayed there 2 nights at the end of our vacation. The main reason we stayed here was because we had a 6:30 flight on our last day. The staff was very helpful and spoke excellent English. The rooms & bathrooms were large and clean. The beds were not comfortable by American standards but NO beds in Italy are. The breakfast was excellent - everything from yogurt, cheeses, meats, croissants, and eggs. They also have good pre-packaged pastries that make great snacks for later in the day.
We had several questions about Venice and the staff answered them all. The bus stop is right down the road from the hotel and you can be at the station in Venice in 18 minutes. The staff will tell you when the buses stop but we found that they were always late. So plan to stand there for 5 -10 minutes past the pick up time.
The only difficulty we had was when we arrived at the Mestre train station. Their website suggests taking the No. 15 bus to the hotel. This bus runs twice an hour except for Sunday - the day we arrived. We had to wait 45 minutes for the bus because it only runs once an hour. Once we got on the bus, it was completely full both standing and sitting. The bus makes several stops on the way to the airport. The total bus ride took another 45 minutes. The bus stop is a little difficult to find - make sure you ask someone on the bus or the driver or you will probably miss it. A very nice local hit the bell for us when we were approaching. Bus 15 does not drive directly in front of the hotel so you might not even know that you missed it. If you get to the airport - then you missed it.
Another option to get there would be to take the train past Mestre to Venice St. Lucia. You will be on the island and can make the short walk to Pizzale Roma and get on Bus 5. These buses run every 10 minutes and it only takes 15 - 20 minutes to get to the hotel from the island. The Titian is the stop right after the Jeep dealership on Bus 5.
I would recommend this hotel if you are looking for a hotel that is more "American". I know we probably missed out on some of the ambiance of Venice but I appreciated the extra friendliness of the staff. You could tell they were trying hard to make sure we were happy.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The BEST WESTERN Titian Inn Hotel Venice Airport, is a 3-star-modern property located in an exclusive position at Venice doorstep. In a wonderful and comfortable location in relation to the main arterial roads (1 km from the highway connecting to the motorway A4 Trieste-Milano), close to Venice Marco Polo Airport (900mt) and Treviso Canova Airport (30km), Titian Inn Venice Airport gives you the opportunity to reach both Venice Downtown and the main industrial areas of Venice. Kindness, Professionalism and respect for our guests traditions is the spirit of welcome that is waiting for you at the BEST WESTERN Titian Inn Venice Airport. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Expedia, Orbitz, Priceline, Cheap Tickets, Hotwire, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, getaroom.com, Agoda, Evoline ltd, HotelsforEveryone and HotelQuickly so you can book your Best Western Titian Inn Hotel Venice Airport reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Titian Inn Hotel And Residence
- Titian Hotel Venice
- Titian Hotel And Residence
- Best Western Titian Inn Hotel Venice Airport Province Of Venice, Italy