“Great Place - Easy access to airport and Venice!”

Best Western Titian Inn Hotel Venice Airport
Ranked #2 of 4 Hotels in Tessera
Missouri
“Great Place - Easy access to airport and Venice!”
Reviewed June 18, 2009

The Titian Inn Hotel was a nice experience after staying at several Italian bed and breakfasts for two weeks. The hotel was more "American" than other places we stayed in Italy. We stayed there 2 nights at the end of our vacation. The main reason we stayed here was because we had a 6:30 flight on our last day. The staff was very helpful and spoke excellent English. The rooms & bathrooms were large and clean. The beds were not comfortable by American standards but NO beds in Italy are. The breakfast was excellent - everything from yogurt, cheeses, meats, croissants, and eggs. They also have good pre-packaged pastries that make great snacks for later in the day.

We had several questions about Venice and the staff answered them all. The bus stop is right down the road from the hotel and you can be at the station in Venice in 18 minutes. The staff will tell you when the buses stop but we found that they were always late. So plan to stand there for 5 -10 minutes past the pick up time.

The only difficulty we had was when we arrived at the Mestre train station. Their website suggests taking the No. 15 bus to the hotel. This bus runs twice an hour except for Sunday - the day we arrived. We had to wait 45 minutes for the bus because it only runs once an hour. Once we got on the bus, it was completely full both standing and sitting. The bus makes several stops on the way to the airport. The total bus ride took another 45 minutes. The bus stop is a little difficult to find - make sure you ask someone on the bus or the driver or you will probably miss it. A very nice local hit the bell for us when we were approaching. Bus 15 does not drive directly in front of the hotel so you might not even know that you missed it. If you get to the airport - then you missed it.

Another option to get there would be to take the train past Mestre to Venice St. Lucia. You will be on the island and can make the short walk to Pizzale Roma and get on Bus 5. These buses run every 10 minutes and it only takes 15 - 20 minutes to get to the hotel from the island. The Titian is the stop right after the Jeep dealership on Bus 5.

I would recommend this hotel if you are looking for a hotel that is more "American". I know we probably missed out on some of the ambiance of Venice but I appreciated the extra friendliness of the staff. You could tell they were trying hard to make sure we were happy.

• Stayed June 2009, traveled with friends
3 Thank lifelong_wanderer

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (138)
  • Czech first
  • Hebrew first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Guelph
Reviewed May 20, 2009

We just finished a tour of Italy which ended in Venice. I wanted to extend the vacation by one day in order to see relatives close to Venice so I had to find a hotel that was close to the airport so I could take advantage of the transfer (included in tour package) back to Marco Polo from the Lido. We decided on a "family" room because I was travelling with our two teenagers and it was more reasonably priced than two separate rooms. The plan was to leave our luggage stored at the hotel (I hated to leave it anywhere but in the room but it wouldn't all fit into little cars!) and actually "check in" when we arrived back at the end of that day.
When we arrived early (about 8:30 am) the lady at the desk offered to let us check in right away - "the room is clean and ready now - why not?".
I was so pleasantly surprised by this! When she showed us the room we were even more impressed - a very large ante room with two day beds and tv and a large bedroom with a door betwen them. Very spacious and very clean! We booked ahead for the transfer back to the airport the next morning (10 euros total for all four of us).
The beds were comfortable, and the buffet breakfast was every bit as good or better than any of the other 4 star hotels we had stayed at during the tour. The shuttle took only 5 minutes to the airport. Everyone was pleasant and courteous. The hotel is in a residential area, very little traffic but still so close to the airport.
I would definitely recommend this little gem of a hotel - nice way to end your holiday in Italy !

• Stayed May 2009, traveled with family
2 Thank eddunz
Blaine, Washington
Reviewed April 22, 2009

I stayed here the night before my flight back to the US. It was recommended by several sources that if you have an early flight (mine was 6:25 am) you don't rely on public transportation to get you to the airport on time. I took the public #5 airport bus from Piazza Roma. I didn't know where to get off, so I got off too soon. I asked someone, and they said get back on the next bus and keep going. The next bus was packed, (aren't they all?) and I had to stand next to the driver, which turned out to be a good thing, because she said no problem, she would let me off close to the hotel. Apparently the hotel is the next to the last stop before the airport, but if you don't know where that is, it doesn't help to know that. Look for a square with a church and a MacDonald's sign, called Tessera. Good luck. Reception was welcoming, they spoke English (always valuable to me) and the room was fine, very clean bathroom, little fridge, window that opened, TV, safe, hair dryer. Only English channel was CNN. I had the usual single, hard bed. It was cold, so I asked about heat, and was told it was only on in the bathroom. All the rooms are on the same floor, and there is an elevator. There is also a couple of coin-operated machines where you can get drinks. I used the computer they had ($2 euro for 1/2 hour) to check in to my flight, and when I had trouble with the website and the printer, the young lady at the desk was very helpful and patient. There is a cafe and a pizzeria nearby, but not much else. I walked around the residential neighborhood and looked at the lovely gardens, getting barked at by a lot of guard dogs. Made me wonder if there were a lot of break-ins . . . I picked this hotel for the early shuttle service and early breakfast. It is basically a business hotel. I got a wakeup call on time and was amazed at the enormous complementary buffet breakfast set up in a large dining room. It ran all along two walls. Service starts at 4:30 am, and I caught the shuttle ($5 euro) at 5:00 am. It's five minutes to the airport.

• Stayed April 2009, traveled solo
3 Thank gypsygirl1925
Carmel, Indiana
Reviewed April 14, 2009

With a 7 AM flight out of Marco Polo Airport, I was afraid to stay on Venice, not to mention dealing with transportation. I couldn't see paying high prices only to have to wake up by 3 AM, miss the breakfast, and pay a premium price for a water taxi at that early hour. Staying at the Titian solved all our problems. The public bus to the airport can drop you in front of the Titian if you just ring the red bell button. (is included in the Venice timed transportation pass). The hotel is much nicer than I expected, and the room was quite comfortable. Large bathroom with plenty of hot water. Bed was comfortable and had soft pillows, something that was lacking during our trip. The desk clerk was very friendly and courteous, and directed us to the Crazy Pizza nearby, a great choice, obviously popular with locals. We were their only guests with an early flight, but they had the complementary breakfast ready for us at 4:30 AM, and the shuttle was ready to take us to the airport, about three minutes down the street. We saved the cost of a night on Venice and about 100 euros for a water taxi by staying at the Titian. Please note that they do not have a restaurant, only a breakfast included in the room cost. We would definitely stay there again.

• Stayed April 2009, traveled as a couple
2 Thank giftnurse
b
Reviewed December 28, 2008

We stayed there for one night for the last night of our honeymoon. The room was average nothing spectacular. It's very close to the airport, and you can take their shuttle. Unfortunately, the service is not great, we left out camera on the checkout desk in the morning when we left and we called as soon as we got home to ask for it. The manager told us he was there and never saw it which was a lie. The girl at the checkout desk must have seen it, especially since the last pictures taken were from the hotels breakfast bar and she saw us taking pictures. We emailed them mutliple times and nicely asked again since the camera had pictures of our honeymoon but they never responded. The camera wasn't worth much but the pictures meant alot to us. Their lack of care and responsiveness was truly disapointing given we paied 120 euros for one night only. I do not recommend you stay here unless you dont mind bad service and possible theft.

Stayed November 2008, traveled as a couple
3 Thank n0screename
Texas
Reviewed October 25, 2008

Stayed here for two nights before a cruise, October 9 & 10th, 2008. The hotel is very close to the airport and offers a shuttle for 5 Eur per room. You will need to call them once you arrive at the airport, be sure to check with the hotel for shuttle hours. The pickup point for the shuttle is on the 2d level of the airport. Be sure to get the hotel's phone number, you will need 0.50 Eur to make the phone call from a regular phone in the airport. The staff speaks excellent English. Our room was large, and had a separate dining/living area with TV, as well as the TV in the bedroom. Bed was a bit on the hard side, but okay, We were able to get extra pillows that we needed for back support. The rooms are air conditioned, but we had to go to the desk and have an attendant come with the remote control for the unit. The hotel is right on the main road to the airport, but was fairly quiet. Bath was very clean and large. Not many places to eat, but there is a place called Crazy Pizza nearby. After exiting the front of the hotel, turn right and walk about a block, the eatery is on the right.. The pizza is great and nicely priced. The waitstaff speaks English well. There is a bus stop past the Pizza eatery, and you can buy tickets at the tobacco shop just before you get to the bus stop. I did not carry my laptop, but the hotel did have internet using their station. The No 5 bus runs between the airport and Roma Plaza, a short ride. Taxi's to Roma Plaza run about 30 Eur. At the Plaza, you can get on the ACTV No 1 for the rides up and down the canal, expect large crowds.

Stayed October 2008
3 Thank Mrqcace
Durham, North Carolina
Reviewed October 5, 2008

We stayed for one night after our cruise and I would definitely stay here again if I had an early morning flight out of Venice. We took the bus from P. Roma to the airport and then a taxi to the hotel (too far to walk if you have luggage and the bus driver wouldn’t make a stop at the hotel). Oh well. Check-in was fast and the employees spoke and understood English well. We booked our shuttle to the airport at 5:15 AM for a total of 10 Euros (3 people and 6 suitcases) when we checked in. I had requested a triple room and was expecting a room with 3 twin beds, but we got a family suite for 165 Euros (same price I booked a triple for). This suite was huge, even for US standards! There was a separate bedroom with two twin beds pushed together, a huge bathroom, and a family room with a table and 4 chairs, TV, mini-fridge, and 2 twin bed/couches in it (room could easily sleep 4 people). They were not the most comfortable beds, but for one night it wasn’t too bad.

There were a few restaurants around the area within walking distance, but not many options for just a quick snack at night. The hotel was very busy with their shuttle service in the morning, but we had no problems getting to the airport in less than 5 minutes. There was a huge continental breakfast set up with a variety of pre-packaged snacks to take. I was impressed by the service of this hotel.

• Liked — Close to Marco Polo airport and shuttle service
  • Disliked — Hard beds
  • Stayed September 2008, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
2 Thank MitziOC
Also consider these accommodations in or near Tessera
Annia Park Hotel
Antony Hotel
#19 of 58 in Mestre
Best Western Plus Quid Hotel Venice Airport
Hilton Garden Inn Venice Mestre San Giuliano

Been to Best Western Titian Inn Hotel Venice Airport? Share your experiences!