“Very Good Value”

Best Western Titian Inn Hotel Venice Airport
Ranked #2 of 4 Hotels in Tessera
Reviewed October 20, 2012

My girlfriend and I stayed at Hotel Titian for two nights while visiting Venice. The hotel is a very good choice, especially if you have an early morning flight (as we did). The shuttle is literally a five minute drive to the airport early in the morning and can relieve a lot of stress. The hotel is bright and modern, with clean rooms and clean, modern bathrooms. The staff is very friendly, and breakfast is good (ham, cheese, juice, coffee, fruit, cereal in a large, functional, but bright room). It can be a bit of a pain to get to the hotel at night: we spent both nights trying to navigate our way through the maze that is Venice to get to the bus station in time for the last bus (which is around 11 if I remember correctly). But given the price of the hotel and the extra convenience for our morning flight, the inconvenience at night was well worth it.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank alexi p

Reviewed October 19, 2012

The staff at the Titian Inn was very nice and very efficient. The early morning breakfast buffet was perfect for and early flight. The shuttle to the airport was right on time at 5:30 in the morning. I'd definitely recommend this hotel for anyone leaving Marco Polo Airport. It's actually so close to the airport that we walked there(without luggage) the evening before to attend to some business with the airline.

Room Tip: Room in the rear of hotel will avoid traffic noise
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank Mel G
Reviewed October 18, 2012

I stayed here for one night recently with my teenage daughter before onward travel in Northern Italy. I was pleasantly surprised by this hotel which is good value for what you get. It is just under a kilometre from Venice Marco Polo airport - I guess you could walk it, but we opted for the free and very efficient shuttle bus which picked us up just near the terminal building and took us to the hotel. Check in was quick and reasonably friendly, and then we got to our room, or rather two rooms in one - and when I did, I was so surprised at how large it was, and how many beds there were in the room (5 - when there were only two of us) I felt I had to go back downstairs to reception to check they had given us the right room for the price I had selected when I booked online. They laughed in a friendly way at reception when I asked them - obviously this takes quite a few people by surprise!
The beds were comfy,and the shower was great - lots of hot water and good water pressure. Lots of fluffy towels too.
The hotel is attractively decorated everywhere and there are nice sofas and so on to sit on near reception, in a quiet area for relaxing, or just next door, and area where you can get (buy) drinks, chips, etc and ice - and I think tea or coffee - I don't know if tea/coffee was free, as I didn't use it - but there were no facilities to make either in our room at all. There was an airconditioner in the room but absolutely no remote controller anywhere so good thing I didn't really need to use it desperately. Housekeeping perhaps did not check this before we arrived.

The breakfast was not so good - all the hot food had gone cold by the time I got there,but there was plenty of continental offerings in a reasonably pleasant and large breakfast room. M
My major complaint is having to pay for internet/wifi access which was quite expensive and there was only one internet station, so I had to wait. Why should guests have to pay?. Surely it should be built in to the room rate at a hotel like this? We stayed in a large range of places in Italy and only in Venice, here and at another B&B did we have to pay for Wifi. It should be free. Plus you can only use your purchased internet access on one device, so when my daughter was on the hotel's wifi on her Ipad, I could not use the same access I had paid for on the PC in the hotel. That is a bit inefficient.
A couple of other things - some of the staff were very friendly and helpful, others were decidedly less so. There needs to be some training given to staff who are front of house to ensure they are all friendly, helpful and courteous at all times.
There was also no iron that I could find in the room which was a bit annoying.
Despite these relatively minor irritations, I would stay again, and recommend it.

Room Tip: Ask for one away from the busy main road at the front of the hotel.
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Caroline K
Reviewed October 17, 2012

Stayed here one night before an early flight to Rome on Oct 9. When we arrived, we called the hotel an they sent someone to pick us up about 10 minutes later. The pickup area was straight out the door through the bus area and into the parking lot. Noticed a couple local hotels also using this spot. I was told they were not allowed into the area were the taxis and buses were. The service was prompt and our room was clean and comfortable. There is a small grocery out the door and to the right just about 50 yards down the street. We ate at the restaurant right next to the grocery store. Variety of pasta dishes and wood fired pizza. The beer was also nice and cold. Had breakfast at the hotel in the morning. Was more than adequate. Starts at 04:30. Free shutlle service made this hotel a real deal. Would definitely stay there again.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Lummy
Reviewed October 11, 2012

The Titian Inn was situated very near to the airport but we were very disappointed to find that their shuttle bus was not available upon arrival at 22.20. We had to take a taxi which had minimum charge of €20 for a 2 minute journey. Completely taking advantage of stranded passengers. Also no food available at that time - not even a sandwich or a hot drink. The inn was however spotlessly clean. The rooms reminded us of a hostel! We chose a different airport hotel for our return journey.

• Stayed: October 2012
Reviewed October 11, 2012

We spent two nights at this hotel. Five minutes drive from Marco Polo airport. Free shuttle. Reasonable price. Courteous staff. We will stay there again and recommend it to our friends. Public bus to Venice is available from near the hotel. Building looks like new and room had a nice modern look and functionality.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Ossy_12
Reviewed October 9, 2012

Pros: close to the airport, english-speaking staff.
Pretty great breakfast with a variety of foods. The later you get up, the more food you get (for example, eggs were not available at 6 am)
They had toothpaste at the front desk! it was awesome since i frogot mine at home.

Cons:
the hotel has a shuttle, which is supposed to pick you up from the airport. I emailed the hotel and asked them to come pick me up. They told me that they do not pre-schedule time, and to call when I arrive, from the information desk at the airport. I tried to do that, but the information desk refused to call the hotel. I told that to the hotel clerk, and he pretty much said that “it’s the airport’s problem”, and that “no one ever has any issues”, and didn’t apologize or anything.

You can walk to the hotel, sure, but be aware that there is not a pedestrian walkway everywhere. Sometimes you are literally on the roadway. Its a 10-15 min walk. Taxi cab will want 15 euro.
Internet is free, but only for 30 minutes at a time. The front desk provides you with a single-use log-in. The connection crashes sometimes.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank Ase K
web-italialberghi, Responsabile relazioni pubbliche at Best Western Titian Inn Hotel Venice Airport, responded to this reviewResponded October 11, 2012

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your review. It is very important to us to receive comments like yours that permit us to always improve our services.

We do not book in advance the shuttle service as flights might be delayed, cancellations might take place and sometimes changes in flight plans are not communicated to us. Therefore it is easy to call once you arrive and being the hotel only 5 minutes away from the airport we are able to pick you right away. On that night I am not sure who you bumped into at the airport information desk but she/ he was not that nice refusing to call the hotel. However there are quite a few phoneboxes which you might use.

Taxi cabs in Italy are rather expensive, not to mention in Venice!

As for the Internet Connection, I am sorry that you experienced some issues with it, but sometimes it might happen, other times is the device settings which cause the crash. The first 30 minutes of usage are free of charge, then you will have to pay a small fee.

We hope to have you back in the forseeable future and please do not hesitate to check our website for offers and/ or promotions avaiable to you.

Have a nice day,

Cristina

Also consider these accommodations in or near Tessera
Annia Park Hotel
Hilton Garden Inn Venice Mestre San Giuliano
Novotel Venezia Mestre
Novotel Venezia Mestre
#158 of 385 in Venice

Been to Best Western Titian Inn Hotel Venice Airport? Share your experiences!