“2nd review, one year later”
Review of Hotel Ortles

Hotel Ortles
Ranked #7 of 7 Hotels in Cogolo
Rugge, West-Vlaanderen, Belgium
“2nd review, one year later”
Reviewed February 25, 2014

I said to go back. As another trip has been cancelled by the travel agency, there was no doubt about the best alternative : back to Cogolo.
It snowed or rained during 75% of the time( just a coincidence) but it did not stop us to walk and ski whole days long; the nature is so beautiful in all weather circumstances. The sauna, Turkish bath and pool were waiting at the evening, followed by good home made food.
As the hotel is the walking hotel, we had the opportunity to walk with other hotel guests and the hotel owner. It's always nice to spent holidays with people with the same interests, it fits always.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with friends

Rugge, West-Vlaanderen, Belgium
Reviewed March 20, 2013

Very good hotel, good food. Friendly owners, who are also very good mountain guides. Beautiful nature, perfect for showshoeing/ skying/tour skying in winter. We had a very good holiday! There are also a lot of possibilities for the summer: hiking, trekking, mountain biking... we will come back.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Reviewed February 27, 2013

A lovely family hotel in a small village. Nice rooms, although the singel beds were guite narrow and covered by blankets. The food was lovely, every evenig a big salad bar with freshly made salads, followed by a 3 course meal of home made Itallian food.
Beautiful snowshoehikes in the area, quite tough and steep but with beautiful views. A packed lunch was includerd.
We were well lookes after by the owners/ guides who helped us wherever necessary. A very good price/ quality setting.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
Den Bosch, The Netherlands
Reviewed July 27, 2012

Small hotel, Nice room with balcony on sunside. The owners know every hike around. Breakfast given the price really good as are the three course dinners. The best though are the hikes you can make; breathtaking

Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Hong Kong, China
Reviewed October 22, 2011

I have just returned from my 2-month travel in Europe and couldn't wait to share with you my experience of staying in Ortles owned by Orianna and Giulio whom I am so glad to have met. That was my first time in Trento staying in a walking hotel and I am proud to be the first Chinese client of Ortles who has been operating for 20 odd years! I don't speak Italian yet I found no problem communicating with the warm hosts and other Italian friends hiking with me in the day trips.
Orianna and Giulio took turns to lead the day trips. I joined 5 day-trip and each of the hiking routes was spectular in its own way. We walked around 6-7 hr each day but I was never bored. I enjoyed the summiting to the top, bathing my feet in largos (lakes), spoting marmots, searching for mushrooms, and of course the marvellous fresh air, the blue sky, and all the more the panoramic views of the mountains which was stunning and unforgettable. I congratulate myself for making a wise choice to hike in Trento and stay in Ortles which is run professionally with a decent dinning room and spa centre. I met nice people in the hotel and became a good friend of Wiske, a brilliant dog owned by a very friendly couple from Amsterdam. I find the price very reasonable and can't stop recommending it to my hiking friends here in Hong Kong since my return!

• Stayed September 2011, traveled solo
Etterbeek, Belgium
Reviewed October 7, 2011

We stayed at Hotel Ortles for a week during the summer. The quality/price ratio was much better than we could have hoped for : big comfortable room, large buffet in the morning, delicious diner, ...Moreover, we really appreciated the advise we got from the hotel owners on the region, hiking tours, trekkings,.... Both are experienced mountaineers, gave us good tips & tricks and even accompanied us on some tours. Their personal approach and the adventurous hiking tours they took us on, really gave an added value to our stay in the hotel. Certainly a place where we will return and a place you should go to if you enjoy hiking in the mountains. Hotel is member of the Dolomiti Walking Hotels.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled with friends
Antwerp, Belgium
Reviewed October 1, 2011

I've been there a few times, both in summer and winter (I love snowshoeing!). The hotel is really nice, the owners are also the guides for the day trips. They are really nice people, plus they know the region very well, so each day they pick the best route, depending on the weather.
If you want to see some pictures of a snowshoeing trip: http://english.delichtdichter.be/#post75
Eddy

• Stayed December 2010, traveled with friends
Also consider these accommodations in or near Cogolo
Hotel Chalet Genziana
Leading Nature & Wellness Resort Kristiania
Hotel Pejo
Hotel Pejo
#4 of 6 in Peio Fonti

Been to Hotel Ortles? Share your experiences!