“Catch up with mates”
other travelers have booked this property
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Inquiry
Excellent
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Any
CNInman
“Catch up with mates ”
Reviewed October 18, 2017 for a stay in October 2017

A second visit for me this year. I returned as it met all our needs so brilliantly. Clean, comfortable, spacious lodges. Great location close to Frome. A fantastic welcome pack and book with useful details/numbers etc.. very impressed again and I'm sure I'd use it again. Thanks very much.

Sarah A
Birmingham, United Kingdom
“Annual Friends' Getaway”
Reviewed October 17, 2017 for a stay in October 2017
person found this review helpful

Group of 6 of us stayed in two lodges. Really impressed with how comfy, well stocked and spacious they were. Really thoughtful welcome pack including bread and milk was there on arrival. Lovely welcome from Sally too. Great location and views. Easy access to Frome and Bradford on Avon. Would recommend to anyone who wants to see the area and have a relaxing time. Thank you Sally. Sarah A

R0bert_T
Worthing, Uk
“Lovely stay”
Reviewed September 4, 2017 for a stay in August 2017

Fabulous warm welcome from Sally. Lodge accommodation very high quality, welcome milk, bread and eggs a nice touch. Bring some DVDs if the weather is bad as player provided. Cosy but plenty of room for six. Sally kindly arranged discounted Longleat tickets (normally over £33 per adult). Would definitely return.

Management Response
Sep 6, 2017
Hi Robert

I'm so glad you enjoyed your stay. Would love to see you and the whole family again! You'd all be very welcome!
simonpalm...
Chesterfield, United Kingdom
“Family weekend away”
Reviewed April 17, 2017 for a stay in April 2017

17 members of the family stayed in the 3 lodges over the Easter weekend. What a lovely place. Excellent facilities and very clean. Only 15 minutes from Longleat. Sally and Steve were excellent hosts. I thougherly recommend this for family groups.

Arakuak
Winchester, United Kingdom
“Fantastic accommodation. We did not want to leave!”
Reviewed March 27, 2017 for a stay in March 2017

We are just back from a weekend at the self catering lodges at ByTheByre holidays. From the moment we booked, Sally was extremely helpful and friendly, with infinite patient replying all the emails I sent with questions about the place (I was taking my in-laws who have mobility difficulties)
The accommodation was more than we expected. The lodges are beautiful, in a subtle grey, cream and wood palette, equipped with every thing anyone could need. DVD player, radio, oven, dishwasher and every pan/baking tray/colander you can dream off!
The rooms are light and spacious, with good window treatments to allow you sleep in 9if you don't bring a toddler to wake you up, that is!)
Every room has its own underfloor heating thermostat. The house was warm, welcoming and cozy. We fall in love with the sofa!
We stayed in lodge 3, the nunnery, which in our opinion is the best in terms of views from the living room doors (the living room is surrounded by windows, which gives a beautiful view of the pons and the stream...)
We saw deers and ducks early in the morning, just by the decking. The little boy was amazed! And we fed the chickens in the afternoon, after we were back from longleat safari park.
The "laundry" (a building in the complex) have plenty of books and toys, with small buckets you can use to take them to the lodge. We took a train set that was the delight of the little one.
Sally was amazing. On the night we arrived she gave us a bed guard and DVDs to entertain the toddler, and helped me booking the tickets for the park with the accommodation discount. She has thought of everything! there is even a very comprehensive list of restaurants and takeways, plus all local attractions
The lodges are 10 minutes away from the park, so it is very convenient for a weekend of "animal" seeing, while having a place to go back and rest.
All in all, a wonderful place I am already planning to go back to!

Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
robindebb...
Miami
“A very enjoyable stay and we will return!”
Reviewed February 26, 2017 for a stay in December 2016
person found this review helpful

This is a belated review for Nunney lodge at By The Byre where my husband & I stayed with my parents for a week over the Christmas period. The lodges are in a very pretty and peaceful position and we found Nunney to be well kept with all the necessary home comforts including comfortable mattresses and plenty of heat/hot water at a cold time of year. The Christmas tree and welcome pack including Prosecco and mince pies were a nice surprise and much appreciated.

The owners, Sally & Steve, were very helpful during the booking process and throughout our stay, in particular when my father was taken to hospital in the middle of the night on our last day. Rather than face a long drive home after a sleepless night at the hospital, we wanted to stay an extra night to recover and although Nunney was booked with other guests, Sally & Steve were able to accommodate the four of us in one of the cottages and were extremely generous with the rate they charged, particularly taking into account it was December 30th.

All in all, a very enjoyable stay and that we will all return in the future is the best recommendation I can give.

Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
Nicola H
Plymouth, United Kingdom
“FABULOUS GET AWAY”
Reviewed January 29, 2017 for a stay in January 2017

My friends and I stayed for two night in one of the superb lodges. They were spacious and comfortable in beautiful, quiet surrounds. Lovely bedrooms and bathrooms.. all very clean. The owners were very friendly and helpful, allowing us to check out an hour later. All the mod cons were available in the lodge but I couldn't find a hairdryer and the kitchen lacked items such as cling film etc. Worth thinking about when packing. They did provide a lovely welcome basket with milk, bread, eggs etc and washing up/dishwasher item were all there. We absolutely loved staying here and will certainly come again!!

Management Response
Jan 30, 2017
Hi Nicola
I'm glad you and your friends had a great weekend! Your right we generally don't supply cling film or tin foil but hopefully most other things should have been there! We do provide hair dryers for every property so if it was missing we're very sorry! Thanks for letting us know though - I'll go on a hunt for it!
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a vacation rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travelers
Set up your free listing