“Woolpack Inn What a joy” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of The Woolpack Inn

The Woolpack Inn
Ranked #2 of 2 Hotels in Beckington
ottery st mary
“Woolpack Inn What a joy”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 29, 2013

My wife and I have just spent a two night break at the Woolpack for our wedding anniversary . We were greeted by friendly staff and a warm atmosphere. The room all tho small was clean and comfortable, creaky floors but as others have said it is an old building. The food was very good, and good value. Nice open fire in the bar, The staff led by Craig could not have been more accommodating or helpful and friendly. We felt that they meant what they said and made us feel good, would consider going back if in that area again. The menu was comprehensive and so was the wine list also the bar was well stocked with good beers and served good coffee

Room Tip: Maybe ask if the rooms are larger on different floors
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Mark55Ottery
OldEnglishInns, Manager at The Woolpack Inn, responded to this review, February 17, 2013
Thank you for your recent review. I am delighted you enjoyed your anniversary with us. As always we do treasure all comments.
I look forward to welcoming you back to the Woolpack again soon. Craig

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (101)
Broadstone
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 28, 2013

My partner and I have just spent 2 nights B&B at the delightful Woolpack Inn in Beckington, Somerset. From the moment we arrived,we were met with a warm, friendly atmosphere and, although we were very early at 1.0 pm, our room was ready for us. And, what a room - with a huge bed, comfy sofa and arm chairs, writing desk., big wall TV, roomy wardrobe and chest of drawers, it was more like a mini suite. With attractive decor, a spotless,beautifully warm bathroom and crisp white bed linen it was a room which could be really enjoyed for a longer period. We also had a beautiful old cast iron fireplace, which looked Victorian or even earlier.
The two breakfasts we had there were served by smiling waitresses and were varied, plentiful and beautifully cooked with nice warm toast and unlimited really good coffee. We had an evening meal there on the Friday, which was very good, chosen from a varied menu and accompanied by a bottle of wine at a reasonable price. We had booked the table for 6.0pm and by 6.30pm the dining rooms and bar were full, so we enjoyed our meal to the accompaniment of a happy buzz of conversation and laughter all around us.
The inn itself dates from 1851and was originally three cottages, later becoming a coaching inn. Many of the original features have been retained, such as slate flagged floors and open fires which really add to the cosy atmosphere in the bar.
The staff could not have been friendlier or more helpful and, when we left on Sunday, the manager even brought our suitcases down and took them out to the car! This is an inn I would recommend to anyone and we shall certainly be staying again in the not too distant future.

Room Tip: We had room 11 which is overlooking the quiet village street
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Mary C
OldEnglishInns, Manager at The Woolpack Inn, responded to this review, January 31, 2013
Thank you for your recent review, I am delighted you enjoyed your stay, All the staff were very pleased to read your comments. I look forward to welcoming you back again soon, Craig and all at the Woolpack.
Mold, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 25, 2013

I only stayed one night, wish it had been more, the staff were very friendly and helpful, The room was tiny but clean, there is free wifi, which for me is an essential.It is an ancient building, the floors creak and there are turns and twists and low headroom, it's part and parcel of this place. The breakfast was probably the best I have had in an establishment of this type, there is a buffet and a menu, choices, and it was relatively cheap.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
OldEnglishInns, Manager at The Woolpack Inn, responded to this review, January 28, 2013
Thank you for your recent review. I am glad you enjoyed your stay with us, and appreciate the characteristics of the building. We look forward to welcoming you back again soon
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 20, 2013 via mobile

Had a lovely few days staying here, the staff really made us feel welcome.
Very helpful with places to visit, bus times etc.
The food was fabulous and such food value,
Ate here every night so much to choose from.
perfect base for a little girly shopping in bath will definitely book again in the very near future, well done!

• 5 of 5 bubbles
OldEnglishInns, Manager at The Woolpack Inn, responded to this review, January 23, 2013
Thank you for your recent review, I am glad you enjoyed your stay. We all look forward to welcoming you back again soon.
Bristol, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 18, 2013

Friendly, beautiful location with miles of character. Wonderful breakfast cooked to order. Would definitely stay again. The staff were very friendly, lots of country walks around the village. The bedding and beds were very comfortable and of a very good quality.

1 Thank asiadays906
OldEnglishInns, Manager at The Woolpack Inn, responded to this review, January 21, 2013
Thank you for your kind comments, I will ensure they are passed onto the staff. We all look forward to seeing you again soon.
Norwich, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 18, 2013

Stayed in the woolpack while working in Trowbridge , full of character and with friendly staff ,rooms were of a nice standard , loft rooms although full of character are head bumping if your not careful , breakfast in the price was really good and a good choice of hot n cold food , evening meals were also really good and good value , hope I work near there again soon

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Mattys46
Thank you for your recent review, I am glad you enjoyed all aspects of your stay. We do work hard to ensure every guest feels the same. Thanks again and we look forward to welcoming you back.
Windsor, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 13, 2013

My wife and I came to your pub today. We had a garlic bread share thing with olives, the wife had the smoked chicken liver pate and I had the most tastiest burger with bacon and stilton.....oh boy. Washed down with a couple of pints of my favourite Stowford. Brilliant food, brilliant service(I find it somewhat rude when waiting staff come back to the table during a meal and ask if everything is ok? In my opinion if the customer is munching on then assume everything is ok and not intrude. A customer would soon let you know if something was wrong surely!)
Anyway this never occurred, good on you. Whats more my food was fantastic and enough to put me to sleep for a couple of hours when I got home. Food that can put you to sleep in my thoughts is worth the money. Your staff were polite and engaged with customers. See you next week.....haha

• 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
OldEnglishInns, Manager at The Woolpack Inn, responded to this review, January 16, 2013
Thank you for your recent review, I am delighted you enjoyed your food. Our burger is a very popular dish! We look forward to seeing you again soon.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Beckington
Premier Inn Frome Hotel
#7 of 32 in Frome
Old Parsonage House
Old Parsonage House
#1 of 4 in Beckington

Been to The Woolpack Inn? Share your experiences!