Review Highlights

from $38.34
from $152.65
from $174.26
More Info
All reviews water features botanical gardens fairy garden scones gift shop statues nursery gifts sydney waterfall
Selected filters
Reviewed March 28, 2019

We visited Wildwood after visiting the Botanic Garden in Mount Tomah. Started over 30 years ago by Wayne ans Sue, the gardens reflect a labour of dedication and love. Highlights of the gardens when we visited in March were the stunning range of salvia's, quirky fairy and dragon bowers and the ponds, waterfalls and lakes.

Wildwood also offers an eclectic range of gifts from the gift-shop; a nursery offering a wide range of plats (including salvia's!!); and tea rooms.

Wayne and Sue were very hospitable and very knowledgeable - we learned a lot!

These gardens are well worth visiting at any time of the year - strongly recommended!

Date of experience: March 2019
Reviewed March 25, 2019

Before I left for our weekend in Bilpin I researched ideas and this came up. Nothing prepared us for how utterly beautiful these gardens are. And that is the day after we saw the Blue Mountains Botanical Gardens. I would suggest to the very clever and friendly owners that their signs on the main road need photos. I didn't take any photos myself unfortunately, but I'll be back. They will close after the June long weekend until August when they open again for the camellia festival.
The waterfall, the pond, the manicured, semi-formal circular garden, the seats placed in strategic places, the rose garden, camellia garden, etc, etc., (there is about 25 acres after all) still didn't prepare us for the Fairy Garden. Honestly, it is nearly beyond words. It is so very clever and clustered and cluttered with amazing little sculptures of gargoyles, toadstools, dragons, wizards, fairies (only a few), the devil's walk. It is obviously a labour of love and we did love it. I have to take my granddaughter when she is a bit older. It is magic and that is not to take away from the rest of the garden.
They do sell plants and lots of lovely ornaments, many for your own garden. There is a cafe but we didn't try it because we were on the move.
If you have any time call in next time you are in the neighbourbood. Entry for aduts is $10.00, $8.00 for seniors.

Date of experience: March 2019
Reviewed September 17, 2018

Stopped here today for morning tea, $20 for 2 two teas , 2 scones each with a small amount of jam and cream . Very nice , although scones were store bought, but huge . We could have wandered the gardens for $10 each but decided not too.

Date of experience: September 2018
Reviewed September 1, 2018 via mobile

Five of us had lunch and I purchased a $60 bird feeder however was still made to feel like a criminal to use toilet. My dad who has difficulty breathing was asked to bring docket from upstairs cafe to use toilet located downstairs. The male owner is super friendly however I can give NO compliments to the two women. I understand the concerns with tank water as I also am on tank water however making the toilet only available to people spending money will only ensure you NEVER get them as potential customers another time. NOT a good business model.

Date of experience: September 2018
1  Thank elchapp0
Reviewed June 1, 2018 via mobile

The gardens are nice enough, but a bit underwhelming for the steep $10 entry fee. There were some nice plants and beautiful established tree, but the gardens lacked any wow factor or cohesion.

Date of experience: June 2018