Open today: 8:30 AM - 5:30 PM
Review Highlights
Great Find

I finally got out here in April. I have been eyeballing it for a few years now. LOVE this... read more

Reviewed 3 days ago
jackmacvan2013
New Westminster, Canada
What an amazing find.

I cannot recommend this place enough. It is truly one of a kind and in my opinion unmissable. Not... read more

Reviewed 2 weeks ago
Alicat257
Roade, United Kingdom
via mobile

Recommended experiences in and around Nelson
from $99.00
from $168.99
from $518.99
from $1,785.00
More Info
All reviews gold mine colorado river ghost town eldorado canyon old west the owner down the road family business las vegas lots of history a real gem old cars eclectic collection main building worth the trip minute ride great family
Selected filters
Reviewed November 11, 2018

I've always wanted to visit and old west "ghost town"...the kind with abandoned buildings and authentic artifacts. So when we visited Vegas we went looking for something nearby that might fit. Honestly, this family run property was the most unique and interesting thing I did during my week in Vegas. We could have stayed much longer - everywhere you look there's something else that catches your eye. And the tour of the gold mine was a bonus. What I loved most is that these are real people who actually live here, rather than some fabricated tourist trap. When asked about the property and all the interesting antiques and artifacts, the man who owns it said "I'm a picker and my wife's a hoarder." That combination of personalities has led to a really authentic and fascinating place to visit and I'll definitely go again next time I'm in the area.

1  Thank BucketListXprt
Reviewed November 6, 2018 via mobile

We where looking for something to do out of Las Vegas today and found this on Trip Advisor. What a great time he had today. The family who owns the Elderado Mine is just great! A fun bunch of people. We did the tour and the daughter Bobby was the guide. She was so good and funny. She explained A lot about the mine, history and took us into the mine. The tour exceeded our expectation!

If you notice all the bad reviews are from people who never actually went. They just abuse the rateing system. Trust me, if you go you will have a great time. It's only a hour out of Las Vegas and it is tucked away in a beutiful spot! Great for pictures and it was fun to look at all the stuff this family has colected over the years.

I highly recommend the day trip to visit. You only need a couple hours there and it's worth the time, if you don't go on the tour it's free to visit. I recommend the tour, for $15 it's money well spent!

1  Thank UWhoo
Reviewed November 1, 2018 via mobile

We can last year for the full tour enjoyed it so much we brought friends to see it this year! Did not book your just drove up to look around, there is lots to see outside of the tour. Tours book up so call ahead , but if you cannot get on go see it anyway

1  Thank Voyager01833130139
Reviewed October 28, 2018 via mobile

A hidden gem for sure! The tour was awesome and we highly recommend it. Gives a nice perspective on the hard work of the pioneers and their families.John & Kathy, New Jersey

Date of experience: October 2018
Reviewed October 27, 2018 via mobile

Well this was something totally different!! It was a really good trip. Make sure to give yourself extra time to take pictures. If you go you definitely have to take the tour.

Date of experience: October 2018