“Wonderful Mine and a Great Tour”

Eldorado Canyon Mine Tours
Ranked #2 of 4 things to do in Nelson
Irvine, California
62 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 96 helpful votes
“Wonderful Mine and a Great Tour”
Reviewed April 4, 2014

Me and my wife visited the El Dorado Mine in March. We called ahead and put our name on the last tour of the day which was at 2:30 p.m. I would recommend you call them ahead of time and put your names in since the mine tours are only at specific times of the day.
How to Get Here: your GPS may not work so take 95 South of the 515/93 interchange and drive 10 miles. There is just one small sign pointing to the 165. Take the 165 and just drive, Keep driving for 13 miles on the 165 and you will see the Mine. The mine is about 25 minutes from Boulder City and about 50 minutes from The Las Vegas Strip.
There is a fee to tour the mine. The owners of the mine are wonderful and have a warm and friendly personality. The mine has a ton of history to it and yes its in the middle of nowhere. Willy was our tour guide (I hope i got the name right), he was great and quite informative of the history of the mine and everything in and around it. He answered all our questions as we toured the different areas of the mine. Really enjoyed the experience. Its a great learning experience for kids as well. If you're in Vegas and want to get away for some peace and quiet from all that neon, head over to El Dorado Mine. You'll have a great time.

Visited March 2014
1 Thank Aero E

San Antonio, Texas
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“Disappointing!”
Reviewed March 13, 2014

My husband and I visited this mine tour last May and had a wonderful experience. The owner and our guide were friendly and informative. This time, we brought our teenage boys with us to share this cool tour. However, when we walked in, we were told by the three less-than-helpful men that they wouldn't give any tours for an hour and a half because a bus just left. I am not opposed to waiting some, but there is very little to do for an hour and a half. If tour hours had been posted, we might have planned our trip differently. To say the least, we are disappointed we couldn't share the mine with our kids. I guess you need to be a part of a bus tour to qualify for a tour of the mine. Very disappointed from Texas.

Visited March 2014
6 Thank JPRSATX
Saint Louis, Missouri
14 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 24 helpful votes
“A Hidden Treasure for ALL to experience!”
Reviewed January 21, 2014

Our trip to Las Vegas wasnt the greatest UNTIL we stumbled upon this Silver/Gold Mine.....This was the BEST part of our whole trip..... IF you are EVER near this place, you MUST go see the town and take the tour...I just couldnt get enough of our Tour guide, Laura. She was super friendly, very informative and had a great sense of humor...This little town makes you feel like you ACTUALLY are back in the early 1900's.....It looks like nothing has been touched since then.. i LOVED IT!!! The tour inside the mine was the coolest thing I've done in YEARS!!!! You still see lots of gold and silver throughout the walls of the mine... plus some other Gems....

My Hubby and I accidentally found this place and were so upset we didnt find it sooner!! I could have spent days here..... thank God for digital cameras otherwise I would have had the Town and the Mine on all of the "rolls of film"... Ha ha

I cant say enough about this place!! You HAVE to go there!!! There is a LOT to learn and to SEE....

Thanks to Tony, Bobbie and Laura for the GREAT, Once in a Lifetime Experience!!!

Visited January 2014
4 Thank ArmymomSTL
Vancouver, Canada
106 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 111 helpful votes
“Experience the old West and an amazing Gold mine tour for family”
Reviewed January 11, 2014

This was the highlight of our trip to Nevada and Arizona. It is an easy 45 minute drive to the mine and a most interesting town. It is in the middle of nowhere and feels like you are stepping into the past.
Tony and Bobbie, the owners, have gathered artifacts and amazing stories of this area and the people who mined this site. They keep this at the main building at a museum that is easily viewed.
Call ahead for a reservation as it was busy when we visited the mine. We took the walking mine tour and highly recommend this easy and interesting tour. Our tour guide had amazing facts and stories as we toured the underground mine, making this our most unusual activity and most enjoyable.
Get out of Vegas, if you are in NV and experience the amazing beauty and history of this part of the southwest US.

Visited January 2014
2 Thank CanadaKids
Richmond, Virginia, United States
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 9 helpful votes
“fun time”
Reviewed December 29, 2013

We had a fun time and enjoyed not only the tour but the trip through the desert to get there, as well. Not sure about how accurate all of their geological information is, but overall they provided some good information. They also have lots of unusual items that have been collected, as well as lots of stories about famous people and movies that have been there. I would definitely recommend this trip, and don't forget to stop and explore some of the desert on the way. There is Lake Mead National Recreation Area on one side (Lake Mojave) and some BLM land on the other side.

Visited December 2013