“Rude Staff”
1 of 5 bubbles Review of Barrenjoey House

Barrenjoey House
Reserve with
Barrenjoey House is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #2 of 14 Restaurants in Palm Beach
Cuisines: Seafood, Australian
Good for: Scenic view, Families with children, Special occasions, Kids, Business meetings, Local cuisine, Romantic, Large groups
Dining options: Breakfast, Drinks, Brunch, Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Noosa, Australia
“Rude Staff”
Reviewed September 4, 2013

My wife and I were looking for somewhere to have a coffee at 11.25 am last Sunday. A staff member at Barranjoey House (which claims to be a cafe as well as a restaurant) said they were fully booked as it was Fathers Day. We pointed out that we only wanted a coffee and would be finished well before the lunch bookings arrived. He told me that "the world doesn't revolve around you". I see that a number of other reviewers have found the staff to be rude and I would have to agree. I was also puzzled that somewhere claiming to be a cafe didn't open earlier than 11.30 am for morning coffee/tea.

• Visited September 2013
1 Thank amp-qld

Cardiff, United Kingdom
“Cracking little Restaurant”
Reviewed August 29, 2013

If you are going for a day out along the beaches of Sydney stop of here, sit outside and order up yourself some superb seafood. Once again I could resist have half a dozen oysters to start. Had a wonderful mixed seafood grille washed sown with a couple of beers. We sat outside on the not too busy road and watched the world go by, this kind of experience could almost persuade me to move there permanently. Staff were very efficient too, what a great place to stop off and eat.

• Visited April 2013
Sydney, Australia
“Great service, amazing location”
Reviewed August 27, 2013

First time to Barrenjoeys but hopefully not the last. Service was excellent as was the food. To top it off the views from the restaurant were beautiful, helped by lovely warm sunshine. Highly recommend a visit whilst exploring Palm Beach.

• Visited August 2013
Toronto
“Picturesque & Tasty....”
Reviewed July 24, 2013

My wife and I were driving around the Whale and Palm Beach area and happened upon Pittwater and Barrenjoey House where we had the pleasure of lunch 18 July.
is a wonderful spot to stop. The view from the restaurant is picturesque, the service good and the food quite tasty.

• Visited July 2013
1 Thank YYZGuy99
Blue Mountains National Park, Australia
“fantastic food, excellent service and beautiful atmosphere”
Reviewed July 16, 2013

hello

There were three of us celebrating a birthday with lunch. From the moment we arrived we were made to feel welcome. The service by Jenny, obviously very experienced , was helpful and thoughtful. We really appreciated her calm, relaxed and attentive service. This service was not overly pretentious ..for which we were grateful. ( personally the pretentious style makes me feel uncomfortable..as if the restaurant is doing the client a favour by simply allowing them to enter their hallowed portals). Now for the food, we had the pork slider which was amazing..creative presentation, scallops..delicious and scampi an absolute knockout. The seafood platter was obligingly adjusted for us with extra fish. The restaurant including the chef appear very flexible in allowing variations to their dishes. Deserts - we had the blood orange sorbet which was delicately tasteful, afogato ,and pear and rhubard crumble. The crumble on top needs a bit of attention..not cooked long enough and a bit soft and doughy. But considering the food over-all I did not feel this a sufficient issue to stop me rating food as five!

Others have written about the wonderful setting.

Once we decided we were going to have champagne (moet was on special and it was one of those significant birthdays!!) I didnt really have a good look at the wine menu so cannot really comment..though there seemed a good choice except for sticky desert wine (not so popular now I imagine so only a minor point).

• Visited July 2013