“Beautiful”
Review of Edge Hall Hotel

Edge Hall Hotel
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Hadleigh
Edge Hall Hotel
Ranked #3 of 6 Hadleigh B&B and Inns
Reviewed September 1, 2013

This will be the second time we've stayed at the Edge Hall. Having spent a day at The Cooking Experience just across the road, we treated ourselves to a night at The Edge Hall Hotel.
The rooms are beautifully and tastefully decorated, immaculately clean and very comfortable.

Breakfast consists of cereals, fruit and yogurt followed by a choice of a full English or a cold platter of cheese & ham with tea/coffee and toast. Very tasty and plenty to eat.

Its not cheap but you get what you pay for and this is worth every penny. Highly recommended.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Yatesfamily2003
There are newer reviews for Edge Hall Hotel

Reviewed August 28, 2013

Located about 200 metres from the town centre this B&B is operated from an impressive building, with a large hall and stairway with huge rooms that are tastefully appointed. Super comfortable beds, easy parking adjacent to the house- don't know about breakfast as I had to leave v early. Host was very efficient and accommodating if a little reserved.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank ChiswickNomad
Reviewed December 27, 2012

Having stayed at Edge Hall a few months previously while house-hunting in Hadleigh (though only because everywhere else was full, as I thought it expensive), I booked a room for my parents, who were visiting me just before Christmas (I don't have a spare room in my house). I went to Edge Hall in person and gave Mr Rolfe a cheque. We chatted, and he remembered me from the time I had stayed. My parents took a taxi that evening from my house to Edge Hall, as they had had a couple of drinks, leaving their car at my house. I therefore had to go and collect them in the morning. Just as well I did. Mr Rolfe had asked them to pay again, and it was only by chance that my mother told me this before I drove them away. When 'reminded' that I had already paid, Mr Rolfe said, "That's a case of the left hand not knowing what the right is doing", as if it had been his wife who had taken my booking and payment (and as if their record-keeping was so poor that he had not been aware), when he knew full well it had been himself. Note also that my parents were the only people staying there that night, so the proprietors were not exactly rushed off their feet to the extent that they could have 'forgotten' such a fundamental fact. Perhaps I am being unfair and it was a genuine oversight. I leave you to decide. I for one shall never stay there again, nor put any further business the way of Mr and Mrs Rolfe.

Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
4  Thank Joseph L
Reviewed April 23, 2012

I stayed at Edge Hall for one night with my girlfriend while attending a wedding nearby. I found the hotel clean and comfortable. The decor would not be to everyones taste but I found it quite cosy. The owner was welcoming and helped us with any enquiries. While this is not a top boutique hotel it is not trying to be. It has the personal touches lacking from many modern hotels and b & bs and I would say offers quite good value for money. Look out for the low doorways though, I'm quite tall and banged my head!

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank thomasjenner
Reviewed February 19, 2012

I stayed at Edge Hall most weeks over a three month period over the winter of 2011-12 whilst working locally and had an excellent experience. Edge Hall offers two slightly different sorts of accommodation - in the main house are period rooms (the one I stayed in brought back memories of Venice) and the lodge at the back of the main house provides self catering accommodation which is good for family or other groups, or in my case, business travellers on a bit of a budget. The breakfasts were excellent and the owners were very obliging with meeting my needs, especially after I had stayed there a couple of times.

The Hall itself and Hadleigh generally were both lovely and full of period charm. The quietness of the "town" especially after six during the winter's evenings was a bit of a shock after working for six months in London, but would appeal to people looking for an escape from the hustle and bustle.

Room Tip: The hall caters for the traditional B&B market, check if the room has a shower or a bath. The Lo...
  • Stayed: November 2011, traveled on business
3  Thank Darren W
Reviewed February 2, 2012

I have stayed at the Edge Hall a number of times and am staying there again next Tuesday. I had a look at the reviews by chance and am staggered at the negative ones I have read. The hotel is warm, comfortable, clean, the owners have always been friendly , efficient and accommodating, breakfast is cooked to order and the hotel is relaxing, calm and a good place to stay, to unwind, to relax and to enjoy. Comparisons with a Premier Inn are just plain rude, unnecessary and by suggesting that the latter are better is plainly untrue.

Room Tip: All the rooms are clean, comfortable and suitable for guests requirements.
  • Stayed: February 2012, traveled on business
2  Thank sffca
Reviewed December 2, 2011

lovely guest house with friendly owners and great breakfasts!
complimentary drinks tray and biscuits in room and modern flat screen tvs throughout.
would definitely recommend.

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled on business
1  Thank oscnut
Also consider these accommodations in or near Hadleigh
Hintlesham Hall
#1 of 1 in Layham
Holbecks House B&B
Holbecks House B&B
#1 of 6 in Hadleigh

Been to Edge Hall Hotel? Share your experiences!