“A taste of cornwall in wales” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #6 of 26 Restaurants in New Quay
Cuisines: Fast Food, British
Good for: Families with children, Kids, Dining on a budget, Scenic view
Dining options: Breakfast, Brunch, Lunch, Takeout
Description: A tradition Cornish Pasty Shop. Our pasties are hand made in Cornwall and we bake fresh on the premises. We have a wide variety of vegetarian options too as well as the traditional cornish pasty and other delicious meaty varieties. In quiet times we welcome advance orders so that we can be sure we can provide you with exactly what you would like absolutely freshly baked. If you would like to try baking yourself you can take them home uncooked...but bring a freezer bag!!! All instructions provided
Stowmarket, United Kingdom
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“A taste of cornwall in wales”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 20, 2012

the pasties were lovely..it was wet n windy but felt warm and cosy with these in our bellys..best pasty outside cornwall friendly staff and great value

Visited September 2012

kent
“The Little Gem of New Quay”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 19, 2012

This small pasty shop is (to my mind and those of many others!) is the best eatery in the town. Lovely staff who are always chirpy despite the rather indecisive Welsh weather, and the most fabulous range of fresh and authentic pasties around. I've just read that previous customer ade1266 was 'disappointed'. I personally have never been disasppointed, and shall continue to visit Pasty Pasty whenever i'm in the area. These pasties are cooked on site and therefore, if there is a run on a certain type (and believe me, in the summer months there IS a run... queues in New Quay are longer for Pasty Pasty than they are for the dolphin boat trips!) then it can take a little while to get the next batch on the go. If people can't understand that, then I may suggest that they stop off at a service station to pick up a Ginsters on route. I love this place.

• Visited July 2012
3 Thank annKent
Coventry
“Disappointed”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 6, 2012

We spent a week in the area from 24th September and after reading the reviews of pasty Pasty, it was on our hit list for a visit. Maybe they are more set up for lunch trade only as when we arrived at two oclock in the afternoon, the choice was very limited indeed. If i remember correctly they had cornish pasties, chicken tikka, two others that were instantly forgettable and sausage rolls - no lamb and mint and no beef and stilton which was really why we had gone there. We both had a pasty and bought a sausage roll to share. the pasties were OK but nothing better than I would expect from a local major chain and the underside of the sausage roll was distinctly pale. Maybe thats the style in the area but I am used to a bit of colour and crispness and it just wasn't forthcoming. We had looked at the menu before going and I was like a kid in a sweet shop being tempted especially by the lamb and mint, but alas, all sold out. Maybe its better in high season and they do more regular bakings throughout the day - unfortunately I can only comment on my experience

Visited September 2012
1 Thank ade1266
kate d, Owner at Pasty Pasty, responded to this review, October 15, 2012
Thank you for your comments and I appreciate being given the chance to respond.

As you are obviously aware New Quay is very much seasonally orientated and even as early as the end of September we have to be very careful what we cook. I normally start the day with a very basic batch of a tray of 10 Cornish pasties and two of each variety, by 12 o’clock I know by the number of visitors around the town what I am likely to need. At this time of the year we will not generally bake after 12.30 as trade drops like a stone after 1.30pm and we start to run down. Today I am here with a full oven at 1.45pm having sold 15 pasties, my waste will be horrific!!!

The nature of our business is that we only sell pasties that are freshly baked. They are then placed in the display oven for as short a period as possible. It has proved to be very wasteful to have a full display oven at 2pm at this time of the year. We try always to have the traditional Cornish available until we close but unfortunately the varieties must sell out. However, I do offer to cook freshly for you if your chosen pasty is not available. I have a strategically placed sign to point this out but to be aware that they do take 45 minutes to cook as they are not a fast food.

I am constantly reviewing the situation and I’d like to point out that I totally understand that my customers could not possibly know how difficult it is to ensure freshness and availability. I never carry over pasties to the next-day, therefore have to operate a ‘when it’s gone, it’s gone’ policy at this time of the year, unless you order.

I like to think that the varieties that I offer are extensive and interesting. I have listened to my customer’s suggestions and acted on them where possible introducing a new variety every year since I opened.

With regards to the sausage roll I can only offer my apologies, I am horrified that you found it was not to your taste, this is the first time in four years that I have had a complaint about a sausage roll.

I pride myself on being an independent trader and, contrary to popular belief, am not part of a chain of shops so I do not have the resources or back up to risk waste.

Once again I would like to offer my apologies, your comments have been taken very seriously and I wish, above everything else that there was some way I could ensure that everyone is catered for all the time but sadly it is just not possible.

If you could contact me through our website we would like to offer you some compensation on your next visit to New Quay or a full refund against your purchase.
swansea
“I never eat pasty's,,,but,,,,,,,”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 27, 2012

I tried the chicken pasty and it was lovely,chunky bits of chicken,and i think sliced potato and swede with light crispy pastry.The shop also has chicken tikka flavour,lamb and mint and steak with cheese.
The shop also sells sausage rolls,which our 8 year old sausage roll expert claims are the best he's ever eaten.

• Visited August 2012
1 Thank swanseadude
New Brighton, United Kingdom
“SAUSAGE ROLLS!!!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 3, 2012

they billed it as the best sausage rolls available...They understated it....they are stunningly good!!

Visited August 2012